Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We're outta here

We're outta here

Old Oct 29th 2004, 8:41 am
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough
Default We're outta here

Funnily enough, like Tricky Tree (see earlier post), it's also my last day at work today. We've got PSS coming to pack on Monday and Tuesday and the house completes on Wednesday. Bit of a busy few days all things considered.

We're then spending a couple of weeks saying goodbye to everyone before flying out to Brisbane at the end of November. I'll be losing my internet connection after today so thanks to everyone on here for your priceless advice. We applied for our own skilled independent visas and I can honestly say that I wouldn't have been able to do it without the advice and reassurance that this forum provides.

It's the beginning of a great adventure...

Goodbye and good luck

GLR
Old Oct 29th 2004, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough
Default Re: We're outta here

Originally Posted by GLR
Funnily enough, like Tricky Tree (see earlier post), it's also my last day at work today. We've got PSS coming to pack on Monday and Tuesday and the house completes on Wednesday. Bit of a busy few days all things considered.

We're then spending a couple of weeks saying goodbye to everyone before flying out to Brisbane at the end of November. I'll be losing my internet connection after today so thanks to everyone on here for your priceless advice. We applied for our own skilled independent visas and I can honestly say that I wouldn't have been able to do it without the advice and reassurance that this forum provides.

Goodbye and good luck

GLR
Best of luck and loads of good wishes.

68 days till we go!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 9:44 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by GLR

Goodbye and good luck

GLR
Good luck, and hope everything goes smoothly.

Old Oct 29th 2004, 9:54 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck GLR might even see you in Brissie (look for someone in a Forest shirt and it may be me there cant be to many around).

Great feeling isnt it?
I'm just walking around with a big grin on my face.

TT

Originally Posted by GLR

Goodbye and good luck

GLR
Old Oct 29th 2004, 9:56 am
Just Joined

mel and paul is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats ironic, we also have pss in on monday and tuesday and complete house on wednesday, Good luck and hope all goes smoothly
Old Oct 29th 2004, 9:57 am
ABCDiamond

TT & GLR,
What part of Brisbane are you two going to ?

Old Oct 29th 2004, 10:14 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ABC

We haven't decided where to buy yet we will do some searching when we land.

We are planning to rent around the Indooroopilly area short term.

TT

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
TT & GLR,
Old Oct 29th 2004, 11:41 am
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
TT & GLR,
Hi ABCDiamond

No definite plans yet but we have family in Norman Park so we'll start the search there and see where it takes us.

By the way, ABCD, I've found your advice on Brisbane to be particularly useful and reliable - thanks for all the time you've taken to help the people following in your footsteps on the Brisbane trail.

Cheers

GLR