Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We're out of here.

We're out of here.

Old Mar 1st 2003, 8:55 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Cool We're out of here.

Would, the last one out please switch off the lights....

We leave tomorrow evening, 3 nights in Singapore then on to Perth on Thursday on the same flight as Grub!!

Then on to our furnished accommodation for a month, the same place Hollywood110 has been staying in Mulalloo.

My boy starts school the following Monday.

A bit of advice to all newbies and prospective migrants. Don't be put off by some of the posters here. Australia is a fantastic country. I've worked there and lived there before, not just seen it for a couple of weeks as a tourist, (or even not at all like some of you). It's great for families, wonderful if you like outdoors types of stuff like us (SCUBA diving, windsurfing, camping, cycling).

I think a lot of people, especially the happy ones, stop posting after they have arrived in their new country. I'll try to keep people updated on our progress, the good, bad and ugly.

Good luck to all of you whether you are starting the process, half way through or have recenly received those magic visas. It's a long and daunting journey but worth it in the end (I hope).

Later.

Dan, Cheryl, Daniel (5) Madeleine (3) & Eleanor (3)
Old Mar 1st 2003, 8:59 am
pankala

Default Re: We're out of here.

Originally posted by renth

We leave tomorrow evening, 3 nights in Singapore then on to Perth on Thursday on the same flight as Grub!!

Then on to our furnished accommodation for a month, the same place Hollywood110 has been staying in Mulalloo.

A bit of advice to all newbies and prospective migrants. Don't be put off by some of the posters here. Australia is a fantastic country. I've worked there and lived there before, not just seen it for a couple of weeks as a tourist, (or even not at all like some of you). It's great for families, wonderful if you like outdoors types of stuff like us (SCUBA diving, windsurfing, camping, cycling).

I think a lot of people, especially the happy ones, stop posting after they have arrived in their new country. I'll try to keep people updated on our progress, the good, bad and ugly.

Good luck to all of you whether you are starting the process, half way through or have recenly received those magic visas. It's a long and daunting journey but worth it in the end (I hope).

Later.

Well, I wish you and yours well.

Now you are in, I bet you'll be just like the rest of us, trying to keep the door just ajar!!!

Old Mar 1st 2003, 9:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pankala
Well, I wish you and yours well.

Now you are in, I bet you'll be just like the rest of us, trying to keep the door just ajar!!!
That's right, with 2 huge maori doormen making sure everyone shoes aren't too casual
Old Mar 1st 2003, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

have a great new life

keep us all posted on how you're getting on
all the best
Hazel
Old Mar 1st 2003, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

pudnut is an unknown quantity at this point

Goodbye renth and good luck in the future.
I'm so jealous of your exciting adventure!!

Do keep us posted as to how life treats you downunder.

All the best

Pudnut....
Old Mar 1st 2003, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Dan

Please keep us posted. Hope all goes well for you and your family . Just returned from a weeks glorious skiing in the sun to rainy old UK, role on Oz!

nicki
Old Mar 1st 2003, 10:20 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Sounds great - can't wait to be in same position. Let us know how you get on. thanks for the encouragement and good luck to your family.
Old Mar 1st 2003, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a great time. Say Hi to hollywood and get them to keep in touch!!! Also Hi to Grub!

Mash...

Later.

Old Mar 1st 2003, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Later.

Good luck for your future, keep in touch,
c-ya Dave and Yve
Old Mar 1st 2003, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Garland is on a distinguished road

We're really excited for you! Good luck and enjoy it all, it will be really great to hear from you and hear how you all are settling in. Any advice from those hot on your heels would be gratefully received!! See you in Oz summertime!!!
Old Mar 1st 2003, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mashiraz
Have a great time. Say Hi to hollywood and get them to keep in touch!!! Also Hi to Grub!

Mash...
Hi there,

Have a good flight and enjoy your new life in Perth, bet you are running on overdrive ...

We too will be moving to Perth later this year

Mash,

I saw some video clips of Adelaide today and must say it did look nice also the lacking of traffic, er unless the film was taken on Sunday afternoon

Cheers,
Old Mar 1st 2003, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, we like Adelaide for those reasons....

Was it on TV?

Mash...
Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Hi there,

Have a good flight and enjoy your new life in Perth, bet you are running on overdrive ...

We too will be moving to Perth later this year

Mash,

I saw some video clips of Adelaide today and must say it did look nice also the lacking of traffic, er unless the film was taken on Sunday afternoon

Cheers,