Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

were is our visa

were is our visa

Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:05 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: were is our visa

Originally Posted by Centurion
Whilst frustrating as it is waiting for a visa grant you should probably put things into perspective. The waiting times have dramatically decreased in the last 12 months following a new system they introduced. My application took 18 months from start to finish and there are many more who took longer.

I realise its not a great comfort and yes it is frustrating but realistically every knows that the application process can take a year.

As to front loading it comes and goes as a "buzz word" around here. I fail to see why anyone does it. It might shave about 4-6 weeks off your visa time but thats about it. Compare that to ony having a couple of month to validate potentially. It doesnt fast track anything and whilst useful to a few peoples circumstances its not that clever if you think about it.

None of us have the right to a PR visa and there are many more people that will never qualify for one at all than do. You'll get there eventually people.

I would say one advantage about doing the meds earlier , it gives plenty of time to sort out potential problems.

Sorry you don't have the right to PR
Old Jun 17th 2006, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Well you only get a year from the meds or Police checks to validate your visa, so because you have sent your meds in Nov 05 then you only have until Nov 06 to actually enter for the first time.

So it's now nearly July, so if your visa is granted say at the end of this month then you only have 4 months to tie your lives up here before you have to go. Unless you can afford to spend whatever it costs on a validation trip.
Wendy, does this also apply to referrals. We went first to doc in Sp 05. We had to return to Doc Apr/May so I would think that would be the new date. Is this correct?
Old Jun 17th 2006, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac
Wendy, does this also apply to referrals. We went first to doc in Sp 05. We had to return to Doc Apr/May so I would think that would be the new date. Is this correct?

I have no idea I'm afraid. Your CO does have some descretion with regards to first entry though.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 3:48 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Sorry you don't have the right to PR
I do - I live in Brisbane. My point was more that being granted a visa by another country is not a god given right and many people would love to migrate but will not fulfill the visa criteria
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea I'm afraid. Your CO does have some descretion with regards to first entry though.
Technically its a year from the date the meds were done (or the police check if thats earlier). The case officer does have discretion, they can also ask for new police checks, to extend the date. Remeber also that if you have to give a Health Undertaking then it comes to down 6 months to validate.

Frontloading is a big risk, unless doing a visa which is very quick - for example, Spouse visas in the UK.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Technically its a year from the date the meds were done (or the police check if thats earlier). The case officer does have discretion, they can also ask for new police checks, to extend the date. Remeber also that if you have to give a Health Undertaking then it comes to down 6 months to validate.

Frontloading is a big risk, unless doing a visa which is very quick - for example, Spouse visas in the UK.
Trouble is that Framac was refused a visa in May, so is in the process of an appeal. I have no idea what would happen with regards to how long they would have to validate if their appeal is successful.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Do you have a CO? Have you have any requests for information? Have you tried contacting them?
Yes we have a CO and our agent has contacted them although they dont seem too worried at this stage. We have found out our medicals have gone through we have not been asked for any further info, so assume everything is OK. But it is driving us mad and we feel we need to settle down. Thanks for you support on the site.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by atkinsfamily
Yes we have a CO and our agent has contacted them although they dont seem too worried at this stage. We have found out our medicals have gone through we have not been asked for any further info, so assume everything is OK. But it is driving us mad and we feel we need to settle down. Thanks for you support on the site.
The waiting is the worst part isn't it. A few days feel like a week when your life is on hold.

When did you send your application in and when did you do meds? Were they requested?
Old Jun 18th 2006, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light

The waiting is the worst part isn't it. A few days feel like a week when your life is on hold.

When did you send your application in and when did you do meds? Were they requested?
yes meds & PCC requested in Feb Sent in april. No info requested as far as the agent and myself know also as I have said I am going down the STNI route so I dont know whats gone wrong, I am wondering if it might be my age as we are in our 40's. But at least we have made the decision of move on after september that will be a year.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by atkinsfamily
yes meds & PCC requested in Feb Sent in april. No info requested as far as the agent and myself know also as I have said I am going down the STNI route so I dont know whats gone wrong, I am wondering if it might be my age as we are in our 40's. But at least we have made the decision of move on after september that will be a year.
Ah, I bet you'll have it within the month.