Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We're off on Tuesday.... for a while

We're off on Tuesday.... for a while

Old Feb 7th 2004, 2:18 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of
Default We're off on Tuesday.... for a while

Just when the folk in Adelaide thought it was safe....

We're off on our validation trip on Tuesday, back in the UK on 7 March.

Itinerary so far - very simple but that's me

Arrive Thursday 12th

Off out to a restaurant in Glenelg Saturday 14th- double birthday party (me and brother-in law's mum)

Buy a car Sat or Sun

Fix up surfing lessons for my younger daughter (ok, so I'm attempting to influence her judgement on reasons to emigrate - but she said she wants to learn to surf!) - early next week

The rest of the trip:

Contact recruitment agencies to check out job opportunities

Check out dance college courses (daughter's career plan)

Get out and about as much as possible

Lap it up and dream about being there for good - roll on September!

If any of you already in Adelaide want to meet up for a drink and a chat, please send me a pm or email with contact details and I'll be in touch - won't have internet access though.

Getting into practice

Elaine M
Old Feb 7th 2004, 2:58 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're off on Tuesday.... for a while

Fingers crossed it goes to plan.
Shall expect a full report on your return.
Best of luck Elaine.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with your trip.
We are also hoping to move to Adelaide, so we look forward to hearing your news.
What restaurant are you going to in Glenelg?
When we were there there was a revolving restaurant, which is meant to be very good, but with two small children didn't think that it was practical.
That is one I am planning on going to once we are back there.

Have a good time.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:10 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Thanks, Bix.

Kelly - I'm not sure which restaurant it is, I think it's called Wharfside or Waterside? I'll ask my sister (she's booked it) when I call her tomorrow.

Can't wait to meet some of the Adelaide expats - PP, I'm relying on you to put me in touch!

Elaine
Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hi Elaine...just emailed you re cars via the Adelaide Brits site.

I'll send another one with my contact details.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
Hi Elaine...just emailed you re cars via the Adelaide Brits site.

I'll send another one with my contact details.
Just hope u can stay off the booze for one day that's all

No, I know u are not really a sot, just kidding
Old Feb 7th 2004, 11:21 pm

Originally posted by Bix
Just hope u can stay off the booze for one day that's all

No, I know u are not really a sot, just kidding
Hey Bix,

Don't you go upsetting my mate PP!!

Oh, it just occurred to me you might be referring to me!

Elaine M
Old Feb 8th 2004, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

As i have posted elsewhere...

i think i had better address my drink problem....doing it twice in 12mths is way too excessive!!...

i have decided to cut my consumption down by 50%...but judging by my last drinking escapade, maybe i am better off retiring permanently!!!
Old Feb 8th 2004, 12:14 am

Originally posted by podgypossum
As i have posted elsewhere...

i think i had better address my drink problem....doing it twice in 12mths is way too excessive!!...

i have decided to cut my consumption down by 50%...but judging by my last drinking escapade, maybe i am better off retiring permanently!!!
But only after that glass of wine I owe you for all your help...

Elaine M
Old Feb 8th 2004, 12:42 am

PP,

Sent you a PM.

Elaine

(It's my thread and I'll post if I want to...)