And We're Off!

Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:41 pm
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light
Default And We're Off!

Container left at 1pm today and so did we!

OMG how hard was that? Did anyone else leave the UK the same day as moving out of the house and packing the container? I'm sitting in the hotel room at Gatwick wondering how the hell we did it. We hadn't even sorted out what clothes to take when the packers came on Monday and its been pure manic ever since

Staying at Gatwick tonight and flying to Spain first thing in the morning for the weekend - got all my family meeting us in Spain for a 'Goodbye' then fly on to Brisbane on Monday.

Its been a very emotional last few days as we've just found out that OH has to return indefinitely after only one week! We've only got a hotel booked for the first 2 weeks so it looks like I will have to be sorting everything out on my own :scared:

I think I'm going to need some BE support to get us through - at the moment I don't even know if I want to go through with it all
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:54 pm
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all
Default Re: And We're Off!

Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond

OMG how hard was that? Did anyone else leave the UK the same day as moving out of the house and packing the container? I'm sitting in the hotel room at Gatwick wondering how the hell we did it. We hadn't even sorted out what clothes to take when the packers came on Monday and its been pure manic ever since

Staying at Gatwick tonight and flying to Spain first thing in the morning for the weekend - got all my family meeting us in Spain for a 'Goodbye' then fly on to Brisbane on Monday.

Its been a very emotional last few days as we've just found out that OH has to return indefinitely after only one week! We've only got a hotel booked for the first 2 weeks so it looks like I will have to be sorting everything out on my own :scared:

I think I'm going to need some BE support to get us through - at the moment I don't even know if I want to go through with it all
OMG, I'm tired just reading that! You must be exhausted.

I hope everything goes really smoothly from now on and your OH can be back with you really soon.

I'm fairly new to this board but do use other internet forums and I know how supportive I have found them to be - I'm sure you'll get lots of help and support from BE.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh well. Good news you're off But bad news about Oh having to come back....
Use some of that stiff upper lip - she'll be right!!
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Wow, you must be completely shattered!!!! Just wanted to say good luck and anytime you need anything even if its just to vent - dont hesitate to give me a shout!!!

Take care

Nikki
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:06 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck to you. Hope you have a safe journey sorry you are going to be left sorting everything out. Keep yer chin up and try to remember the reasons you are doing this.

All the best. Big hugs.

Joex
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:16 pm
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Spikey
OMG, I'm tired just reading that! You must be exhausted.

I hope everything goes really smoothly from now on and your OH can be back with you really soon.

I'm fairly new to this board but do use other internet forums and I know how supportive I have found them to be - I'm sure you'll get lots of help and support from BE.
Thanks Spikey, but you know it doesn't matter how tired I get I still can't sleep more than about 4 hours - I hope when we finally get there I'll be able to sleep! I'd love to think we might be able to meet up with some other BEs - fingers crossed
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:18 pm
Here at last

Originally Posted by daisylilymum
Oh well. Good news you're off But bad news about Oh having to come back....
Use some of that stiff upper lip - she'll be right!!
Yes, I really should be focusing on the good news

My upper lip is like a board as we speak! Thanks
Old Oct 19th 2006, 1:05 am
Happy go Lucky

branlor5 will become famous soon enoughbranlor5 will become famous soon enough

Good luck mate ,hope you have a great flight

If you need anything just give me a shout ,i will try and help you.

All the best

Laura
Old Oct 19th 2006, 2:30 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

We packed a day before, and completed and flew on the same day.

Hideously stressful so I know exactly how you're feeling...

Sorry to hear about your hub having to go back... Let us know if we can help you at all. I'm a bit far away right now, but there are loads in Brissy if you need assistance.

Have a lovely weekend in Spain - sounds fab!
Enjoy the flight and ...

Happy Landings!
Old Oct 19th 2006, 6:49 am
Here at last

Thanks everyone

I'm sure everything will be fine eventually, just getting a bit jittery!

Off to Spain now, its going to be a very boozy few days - that's bound to take my mind off things for a while!

Cheers
Old Oct 19th 2006, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

ali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura about

We fly to Brisbane on monday , the packers came this week , it's an absolute nightmare , stressed out , millions of jobs to do still , so know how your feeling .

Anyway looking forward to it now , see you in Bris .
Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi L

Don't know when you'll next be on here, hope you have a good time in Spain, with not too many tears best of luck with Brisbane, sorry about your news about your OH, hopefully you'll be in contact by then with some BE's who are already there for some support, and don't forget we're all here for you

N X
Old Oct 19th 2006, 9:49 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, I can't imagine how hectic your week has been. Hope you have a great time in Spain and a safe journey on to Brisbane. I'm sure there will be loads of BE folks there to help you. And we're all here for you anytime on the forums.

Take care

Gill
Old Oct 19th 2006, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Sounds like you have had a really hectic week. Have a great time in Spain and a safe journey onto Brisbane.