Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

were moving to forest lake

were moving to forest lake

Old Sep 15th 2007, 5:38 pm

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default were moving to forest lake

hi there we move in april to forest lake is there any one who lives in this area
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Married to a pom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: were moving to forest lake

We have friends in Forest Lake (Aussie though, not english and he is a Leeds fans, so probably less said the better ). Over that way a fair bit though as Queensland Lions is based not far away and that's teh home of the Queensland Roar team at the moment, so tend to gravitate over that way a fair bit. Forest Lake is ok.... any particular reason you chose it?
Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:16 pm

we have friends there, and the wife chose it.I'm a sparky so im trying to find the best place for my trade.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

forest lake= the new ghetto of brisbane
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Married to a pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by on a mission
forest lake= the new ghetto of brisbane
Cant say I disagree with that. Houses are too close together for my liking, but you guys might be used to that coming from the UK.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:16 pm

where else could you recomend round brisbane plz
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:04 pm

what is noosa like
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:35 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Married to a pom
Cant say I disagree with that. Houses are too close together for my liking, but you guys might be used to that coming from the UK.
Hi
We live in Forest Lake and love it............ Our house is defo not too close.....like any suburb out here there are nice houses some not so.......some close to next door.....some not..... check it out for yourself dont be put off.....
Feel free to pm me
anne
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice

Hi, I agree with AVW (and she's a great friend to have!). We have been renting and have our son in school there. It is a great area.

BUT,

We are moving to Heritage Park where we are in the process of buying a house. Got a bigger plot there and the price is reasonable. Only 15 mins from Forest Lake and we shall defo go back frequently with our bikes/dogs to enjoy the surroundings. (and hopefully AVW might invite us back for a drink again).

Don't be put off by some other posters. Brisbane Council has plans for all new buildings to be on approx 450 square metres within 10 - 15 years and that would be unbearable. Like everything else, if you have nice neighbours (or neighbours that stick to themselves) there is no problem whatsoever.

Do send AVW (or myself) a PM and we will gladly give you any info you require.

When are you coming out???

Cheers

Carol
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:20 pm
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Originally Posted by cheekivimto07
what is noosa like
expensive
Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:04 pm

were look at coming over in april ish after our visit to florida on our way through if all goes well, we could do with info on descent places to rent etc im a sparky so i need work pref with local council do either of you know who might be best to move our stuff with etc regards cheeki
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

we live in forest lake have done now for four years and love it
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:29 pm

is it good for the kids etc
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:59 pm
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cheekivimto07
is it good for the kids etc
Yes it is ...a nice community feel with loads of play parks.....we have tennis courts 2 mins from our house. It is all split up into villages and all have play areas for the kids ...... 2 state P.schools and 1 state High plus a private. My kids go to Forest lake state School and Love it........loads of friends they see in and out of school . The lake is lovely to cycle around or walk or do as Cartel done at the weekend hire a padalo ( if thats how you spell it ) and get stuck in the lake!!!!!! There is a community hall with various things on and a indoor S.pool and of course the village centre with various shops. Forest lake is also on the bus route for BRISBANE can be there in 40 mins ( great for a wee trip to have a wee glass of wine) Yip we love it..........
anne
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AVW
Yes it is ...a nice community feel with loads of play parks.....we have tennis courts 2 mins from our house. It is all split up into villages and all have play areas for the kids ...... 2 state P.schools and 1 state High plus a private. My kids go to Forest lake state School and Love it........loads of friends they see in and out of school . The lake is lovely to cycle around or walk or do as Cartel done at the weekend hire a padalo ( if thats how you spell it ) and get stuck in the lake!!!!!! There is a community hall with various things on and a indoor S.pool and of course the village centre with various shops. Forest lake is also on the bus route for BRISBANE can be there in 40 mins ( great for a wee trip to have a wee glass of wine) Yip we love it..........
anne
dont forget the pub the most important thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.