Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We're leaving next week!

We're leaving next week!

Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about
Default We're leaving next week!

We're moving to Perth next week, finally!
After 2 years of the visa process, and 4 months on the housing market we're finally going.

This will be my last post for a while as the shippers are here packing all our stuff. (We're using Eagle and so far so good)

To those of you selling houses - We had ours on for 3 months and only 3 viewings, so we reduced our price by £15k. Still no more viewings. Then, the right viewer turned up, put in an offer (just below asking price) within an hour of viewing. We accepted and completion date is a week this Friday. The selling process will have taken 6 weeks from start to finish. I can't praise our (and theirs) solicitor enough.

I know that alot of people have had buyers pulling out at the last minute and rarely hear of sales going through with no hitches. But I'd just like to offer some encouragement and hope that a house sale can go through smoothly with no problems. We've been so lucky, and just goes to show that it can happen.
So, to everyone trying to sell their house, it can go smoothly.There is hope, it will happen, just hang on in there.

Best of luck to you all with your plans and dreams

Hope you get there soon

Tracy
Old Jun 28th 2005, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future
Default Re: We're leaving next week!

Originally Posted by tracyd
After 2 years of the visa process, and 4 months on the housing market we're finally going.

This will be my last post for a while as the shippers are here packing all our stuff. (We're using Eagle and so far so good)

To those of you selling houses - We had ours on for 3 months and only 3 viewings, so we reduced our price by £15k. Still no more viewings. Then, the right viewer turned up, put in an offer (just below asking price) within an hour of viewing. We accepted and completion date is a week this Friday. The selling process will have taken 6 weeks from start to finish. I can't praise our (and theirs) solicitor enough.

I know that alot of people have had buyers pulling out at the last minute and rarely hear of sales going through with no hitches. But I'd just like to offer some encouragement and hope that a house sale can go through smoothly with no problems. We've been so lucky, and just goes to show that it can happen.
So, to everyone trying to sell their house, it can go smoothly.There is hope, it will happen, just hang on in there.

Hope you get there soon

Tracy
Good luck with everything hope it all goes well.

We have had an offer on our house but things are looking a little shaky, but not panicking just yet, hopefuly joining you in perth around march time.

Claire
Old Jun 28th 2005, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

how exciting!! - all the best with your big adventure, hope that you settle well
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:19 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

good luck with the move

although i was a bit surprised at first i was getting confused with you and tracey.d
Old Jun 28th 2005, 2:17 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Goooood luck keep Perth warm for the rest of us still in the Que
Old Jun 28th 2005, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hope you get there soon

Tracy
Thank you for you post, its so nice to hear that its not all doom and gloom, we to are having trouble trying to sell our house it's been for sale 4mths now and just reading your post made me feel a lot more positive knowing it will sell one day it's just frustrating waiting.

Good luck with the move, it must be a mixed bag of feeling when it finally comes together.

Please send a post when you get set up in Perth and let us all know how your feeling what it's like etc.

Good luck, have a fantastic new life..

Paula.
Cheshire
Old Jun 28th 2005, 4:03 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you get there soon

Tracy
Wow what a brilliant turn around big big congrats.

have a fantastic new life log on asap when you get there to keep us updated
Old Jun 28th 2005, 4:04 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kelli28
good luck with the move

although i was a bit surprised at first i was getting confused with you and tracey.d
is it not tracey.d ??

well anyway congrats
Old Jun 28th 2005, 4:14 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Tracy,may it be all you want it to
Old Jun 28th 2005, 5:39 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Hope everything goes smoothly

Kris
Old Jun 28th 2005, 5:45 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Good luck and keep us posted, safe journey
Carole
Old Jun 28th 2005, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

good luck with the move, I hope your new life brings you everything you wanted and more
Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:16 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
is it not tracey.d ??

well anyway congrats
theres 2of em!!! :scared:

i met tracey.d last week and she is going to brisbane and hadent sold her house yet and then i was reading this and was like ehhh why is she going to perth now???? they are just trying to us
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Hello Tracy,

I don,t know if you remember but you sent me a pm when you got your visa after i,d asked how long things were going to take.Anyway i,m glad that you,ve sold your house and that your cracking on with it.Good luck with your new life.Perth is a fantastic place is,nt it.Where are you hoping to settle? we would have been there in about 5 weeks if the bloody house sale had,nt gone wrong.

dave
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you get there soon

Tracy

All the best Tracey..hope everything goes well and enjoy!!

Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.