We're here NZ

Old Dec 19th 2003, 7:41 pm
New Zealand Bound

rickandkara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We're here NZ

We arrived in NZ on the 14th (last Sunday) and love it. Our flights were okay, flew BA and then Quantas.
We're lucky that we are staying with family, we didn't even realise we had.
We've stayed a few days in Hamilton, which is a nice place but we want to live by the coast. Currently we're staying in Palmerston North and one plan is to move to wellington. We've had a look around an area called Paraparaumu and I love it, not too far to compute to Wellington Central for work and such a beautiful setting.

My first impressions is NZ is something special, but we've not started real life yet, we're still in holiday mode.

Kara
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you arrived safely. We love NZ too, been here since July and still have that air of excitement about being here.

Gill and Rob
Old Dec 19th 2003, 10:54 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: We're here NZ

Originally posted by rickandkara
We arrived in NZ on the 14th (last Sunday) and love it. Our flights were okay, flew BA and then Quantas.
We're lucky that we are staying with family, we didn't even realise we had.
We've stayed a few days in Hamilton, which is a nice place but we want to live by the coast. Currently we're staying in Palmerston North and one plan is to move to wellington. We've had a look around an area called Paraparaumu and I love it, not too far to compute to Wellington Central for work and such a beautiful setting.

My first impressions is NZ is something special, but we've not started real life yet, we're still in holiday mode.

Kara

Hi there,

Param Beach is a very nice area...though in reality it is about 1 hour to Wellington in the traffice, which twice a day can be hard toil. We considered that area as it's really nice, but the Porirua roundabout is a killer for congestion. There's always the train, but again that's about 50 mins and the times to catch it after a 5.30 finish get you in at almost 7pm, by the time you got to and from each station....

It may be ok to you to travel like that, but I just thought I'd mention that it is a little harder than it first seems.

all the best, hope it works out for you, regards, Rich.