we're here!!

Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:47 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default we're here!!

hello chaps and chapettes, we are finally here in perth! its seems odd and leaving the UK was pretty tough but we are all in one piece! we flew emirates-they were ok,leg room wasnt bad, but preferred quantas overall (the tv screens on emirates were not as modern) We are in Bicton with rellies-its a v.nice area just up from freo we got a hire car- a little toyota corolla for $300 for the week (not bad) to run around in and we got rained on today but it only rained for 15 mins and within 10 we were dry...we must look really out of place in our t.shirts as everyone else is in thier jumpers and coats but the fact it is still 21 degrees we are having a nice winter.
Found out something brill today- we dont have to take a driving test or theory test in WA you just take down your UK license,fill in a form and youre done! YE HAA! well anyway I'm off now I just thought I'd touch base with you lot natalie
Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:01 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we're here!!

Congrats on getting here!

Was really, really nice and warm today, and still is! I even walked around in a t-shirt half the day!

Have fun sorting everything out, and not working yet!

Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

kakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant future
Smile Re: we're here!!

Originally Posted by squeezzii
hello chaps and chapettes, we are finally here in perth! its seems odd and leaving the UK was pretty tough but we are all in one piece! we flew emirates-they were ok,leg room wasnt bad, but preferred quantas overall (the tv screens on emirates were not as modern) We are in Bicton with rellies-its a v.nice area just up from freo we got a hire car- a little toyota corolla for $300 for the week (not bad) to run around in and we got rained on today but it only rained for 15 mins and within 10 we were dry...we must look really out of place in our t.shirts as everyone else is in thier jumpers and coats but the fact it is still 21 degrees we are having a nice winter.
Found out something brill today- we dont have to take a driving test or theory test in WA you just take down your UK license,fill in a form and youre done! YE HAA! well anyway I'm off now I just thought I'd touch base with you lot natalie

Hi

Welcome to Perth we have been here for 4 months and are still learning. but we seem to have settled in no time. have house, mortgage, credit cards!!
if we can help with info pls ask. its a big learning curve.welcome
Old Jul 21st 2005, 6:46 am
Margie

Margie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your post.
We arrive in Perth on 17th August. Things are getting very stressful here, goodbyes, worrying over getting jobs and the exchange rate! So many negative threads out at present.
Your was bright and breezy and the BIG plus was the news on the driving test! THANK YOU!!!

Keep posting as we may need more tips!

Margie
Old Jul 21st 2005, 7:25 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on getting there. That has brightened my day. It's so nice to know that amidst all the chaos you are no doubt going through - you still have time to tell us your views so that us "newies to site" who are in the gathering info stage can enjoy and learn from you.

It's like a circle really - you learnt from others on this site whilst in UK....then you go over ( or is it under) then you pass on info to others

Thanks

Or am I just being a BE anorak!!!

Must go - just burnt me toast !!!! :scared:
Old Jul 21st 2005, 7:29 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you've arrived safely. Please let us know how you get on.

Julie
Old Jul 21st 2005, 7:33 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

welcome to Perth! We've been here for three months - its flown by. Settling in more day by day. If this is winter - I love it!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear you've arrived safely. Keep us posted on how you're getting along.
Good luck with everything,

Tracey