Were here!

Old May 10th 2005, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Were here!

Well folks we made it

To start of with; what a nightmare the goodbyes were I wont go into it too much incase you still have to do it, but suffice to say it was 100 times harder than we thought it would ever be.
We flew with Emirates straight here, with 2 stops, in Dubai, & Singapore, and we were shattered Sunday & Monday.
We are currently staying with friends in Helensvale and are busy trying to sort out a rental and this is more of a nightmare than we thought as we just can't find anywhere suitable yet, and we have seen some dumps over the past 2 days

We also applied for our TFN numbers but have to wait for it, I thought they would give me a number online but know they have said it will be posted to us
Believe me if you thought it was madness tying up loose ends in the UK wait until you get here! and to top it all we havent exchanged contracts on the house, so we haven't got our money yet, a few hiccups but apparently nothing to worry about (so the solicitor says )

We have visited a few schools as well, they all look about the same and you need an address in the catchment area before you can start, although we could enrol them in Helensvale while we are staying here, but it would be a pain if we get a rental miles away and then have to move the kids again.

Anyway I'll sign off for now and get back on as soon as we get ourselves a rental, it's six weeks before our furniture gets here anyway so no rush just yet, unless you count on losing some good friends who we think will be ready to kill us by then

Cheers for now.
Old May 10th 2005, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Re: Were here!

Originally Posted by Dicko
Well folks we made it

To start of with; what a nightmare the goodbyes were I wont go into it too much incase you still have to do it, but suffice to say it was 100 times harder than we thought it would ever be.
We flew with Emirates straight here, with 2 stops, in Dubai, & Singapore, and we were shattered Sunday & Monday.
We are currently staying with friends in Helensvale and are busy trying to sort out a rental and this is more of a nightmare than we thought as we just can't find anywhere suitable yet, and we have seen some dumps over the past 2 days

We also applied for our TFN numbers but have to wait for it, I thought they would give me a number online but know they have said it will be posted to us
Believe me if you thought it was madness tying up loose ends in the UK wait until you get here! and to top it all we havent exchanged contracts on the house, so we haven't got our money yet, a few hiccups but apparently nothing to worry about (so the solicitor says )

We have visited a few schools as well, they all look about the same and you need an address in the catchment area before you can start, although we could enrol them in Helensvale while we are staying here, but it would be a pain if we get a rental miles away and then have to move the kids again.

Anyway I'll sign off for now and get back on as soon as we get ourselves a rental, it's six weeks before our furniture gets here anyway so no rush just yet, unless you count on losing some good friends who we think will be ready to kill us by then

Cheers for now.

Pleased to hear you arrived safely, Good luck with the house hunting hope you find something you like soon, cant afford to lose friends now!!! lol

Chris
Old May 10th 2005, 10:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well folks we made it

Good to hear you got there saftely, if shattered

All info re Helensvale gratefully received as that is where we are looking at - please
Old May 10th 2005, 11:05 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Dicko goes to Aus.
Everton go to Europe.
Is there a significance there ?

BTW the TFN takes about 10 days to come through mate.

Don't want to put you off mate but the fun has only just started.

Nil satis nisi optimum
Old May 10th 2005, 11:09 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

thats it im movin back, the scruffs have moved in
good luck mate, make the most of it. now the real hassle starts lol
Old May 10th 2005, 11:31 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
thats it im movin back, the scruffs have moved in
good luck mate, make the most of it. now the real hassle starts lol

the scruffs arrived when you got here!!

Dicko congrats mate, best of luck to you all & enjoy.
Old May 10th 2005, 11:33 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad

someone had to kick the door in for dicko
Old May 10th 2005, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Welcome to the Gold Coast Dicko
Have you decided what areas you would like to settle in yet?
Old May 10th 2005, 11:36 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
someone had to kick the door in for dicko

you fell through it blotto!!
Old May 10th 2005, 11:37 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Glad you all got there safe and well. Hope you find a nice place to rent soon. When you got a bit more time and are bit more settled I'd be interested on hearing your take on Helensvale and areas local.
Old May 10th 2005, 12:39 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Dicko and family........give urselves plenty time to settle everythin will be cool..........................the kids will be off school on their school holidays so prolly best just to let them settle in first and then get them in at the beginning of the next term

Good Luck mate

H
xx
Old May 11th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Were here!

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone, we are a bit fed up at looking now but it looks as if we will be settling in Pacific Pines as it seems pretty central to everything we need I.E. The Coast, The Pacific motorway for my work, shops, and schools etc.
We would be intereseted on anyones' views of the area, we will probably get the kids into Pacific Pines Primary and High.

We also went out and spent a fortune on beds today, amazing value from 'Super A Mart' actually.

Cheers for now and more updates coming soon...............

P.S. Hey Bix, just my luck I wait for years to get a trip to Barcelona or Madrid and I go and move to the other side of the world, our well, one good thing is: if the the Redsh*te win that Champions League I am so glad to be over here
Old May 11th 2005, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by madsad

Hey Malc whats happening on the job front?
Let us know mate.
Old May 11th 2005, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Well folks we made it

Cheers for now.
Glad you got there safely. Silly question but what baggage allowance did Emirates give you with stopovers as there are a few debates whether they will give you 40kg each if you stop over anywhere?
Old May 11th 2005, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debilloyd
Glad you got there safely. Silly question but what baggage allowance did Emirates give you with stopovers as there are a few debates whether they will give you 40kg each if you stop over anywhere?

Hi there Debi,
You will have to contact who you are booking your flights through (will have to book by phone as not possible on the net) and they will fax copies of your PR visas to Emirates, then 'Hey Presto' 40K.
Well they did for us anyway.

Good Luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.