We're here

Old Apr 5th 2005, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Talking We're here

We arrived at Brisbane airport this evening at 19.20 Brisbane time.

All my family were there to meet us, so it was lovely. It is just sinking in we are here for good. Hubby, bump and I are staying with my aunt, so this is just a quick update. More later.

From Katie
Old Apr 5th 2005, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice
Default Re: We're here

Originally Posted by KatieStar

All my family were there to meet us, so it was lovely. It is just sinking in we are here for good. Hubby, bump and I are staying with my aunt, so this is just a quick update. More later.

From Katie
Congratulations Katie and hope it all goes well. I am looking forward to that feeling.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

From Katie
You lucky devils, best of luck to you.

Theresa
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hooperhome
You lucky devils, best of luck to you.

Theresa
Best of luck Katie and co, I'm sure you'll love it!
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:35 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

From Katie
Well done guys
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Well done guys best of luck for the future oh and have a few
Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:57 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Good luck for the future and enjoy.

Michelle
Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:23 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

From Katie
Congratulations on making it safely to OZ.

Bump will now have a little made in Oz lable attached to his / her bum when she is delivered.

Have a good sleep and wake up to a new life tomorrow.

Bye
Mark
Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:34 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Glad you arrived safely
Nice to have your family to meet you
Keep us all updated

Good luck

Carole

Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for all your replies. I hope you get out here soon. Good luck to you all.

I was up early today. Hubby is asleep still and I am itching to get out and about. We are planning to get a bank account today and apply for medicare, and hopefully also look at a few houses to rent.

This is the first day of our new lives so I want to make the most of it.

Katie
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:33 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your replies. I hope you get out here soon. Good luck to you all.

I was up early today. Hubby is asleep still and I am itching to get out and about. We are planning to get a bank account today and apply for medicare, and hopefully also look at a few houses to rent.

This is the first day of our new lives so I want to make the most of it.

Katie
Katie, leave the medicare a couple of weeks, your names wont have filtered through the system yet!!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:21 am
Wahroonga Boy

Wahroonga Boy will become famous soon enough

Welcome to Oz and enjoy it. I think the first few weeks are like getting married. A lot happens in a short space of time and it all feels like a dream. Enjoy looking at houses. My first impression was "wow, they're so much bigger than the uk".

Leave medicare for at least 10 days. But get bank stuff and that sorted out first.

Good luck
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:14 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

From Katie
Hi Katie

Welcome to Fab Brissie!!!! We got here about 4 weeks ago and we're loving it!!!!

We did the same as you, got medicare and bank account sorted out and then looked for a rental.

Where is Brissie are you looking to live???

Shell
Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Shell

We are planning on renting a a house in the Albany Creek area of Brisbane. Where abouts are you living? I have family here in Albany Creek, and I am staying with my aunt here at the moment. It seems a pretty nice place, with good shops, swiming pool and library. It is also pretty green with quite a few parks.

So far we have opened an account with Westpak, we got our medicare numbers. We are on the system already as we validated our visas last year. I wasn't sure if that was the case, but I thought I would apply and see and was pleased when we found out we could get them as my doctors appointment is next monday. We have found a house to rent that we really like, we have put the application form in and are waiting to hear back. We are not sure if it will be accepted as hubby has not got a job yet. However he know has 2 interviews lined up. So fingers crossed he soon will have a job.

Do you feel like you have settled here in 4 weeks? I think once we have an income coming in and our own home I will be more settled. At the moment it all seems like a really nice dream.

From Katie
Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:36 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Congrats on making it there Katie. As you have family there, did you decide to go back partly because you have a baby on the way (family support and $3000)?? It`s part of the reason we`re going back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.