We're here

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 4:17 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We're here

Hi all,
Thought I'd give you an update on progress so far.

We arrived in Perth 10 days ago and all of us are impressed with what we've seen so far. The people here couldn't be more friendly or helpful, the area is great, really sprawling annd spacious. Driving is great as the road systemis set out in a grid pattern and it's really easy to get around. Yvsie and family came round the other evening and we'll be meeting up with a few more guys soon. Haven't seen a spider yet though I have been looking!

Gotta go now, will be in touch later

Steph
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We're here

Hi, Glad you are enjoying it, say hi to Yvsie for me!

'Bout spiders, we've got a bit complacent as not seen anything bigger than a minute house spider when last night a huntsman drops a visit on us. Hubby found him on the stairs in the middle of the night, covered him in a glass and left him there to warn our kids with this morning, before delivering him to his maker with a size 11 outside.

Big, hairy and scary. Where do they live, where should I look for his home, and family?

Mash

:scared:
Originally posted by Paul and Steph
Hi all,

We arrived in Perth 10 days ago and all of us are impressed with what we've seen so far. The people here couldn't be more friendly or helpful, the area is great, really sprawling annd spacious. Driving is great as the road systemis set out in a grid pattern and it's really easy to get around. Yvsie and family came round the other evening and we'll be meeting up with a few more guys soon. Haven't seen a spider yet though I have been looking!

Steph
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by mashiraz
Hi, Glad you are enjoying it, say hi to Yvsie for me!

'Bout spiders, we've got a bit complacent as not seen anything bigger than a minute house spider when last night a huntsman drops a visit on us. Hubby found him on the stairs in the middle of the night, covered him in a glass and left him there to warn our kids with this morning, before delivering him to his maker with a size 11 outside.

Big, hairy and scary. Where do they live, where should I look for his home, and family?

Mash

:scared:
Thats really sad you killed him, they do a great job of getting rid of the bad guys like redbacks flies mozzies small cockroaches. We have several live in our house and they are not a problem at all. Quite timid just run up the wall if you get too close, we often find them in the shower having a drink.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

We had a huntsman in the factory at work today and all the stories were coming out like keeping them "pets" and feeding them!

Seems they are more scared of us and just look mean.

Diane
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by DianeOZ
We had a huntsman in the factory at work today and all the stories were coming out like keeping them "pets" and feeding them!

Seems they are more scared of us and just look mean.

Diane
I must admit to having a fondness for ours, the big one has a name, big guy (orignal not), we dont need to feed them they get plenty of bugs every night those tiny ones that get through the screens. One lives in the wardrobe, never seen a moth in there yet. Couple on the deck eat the mozzies. Looks like they are staying put.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Paul and Steph
Hi all,

Steph
Glad to hear it's going well so far. Good luck with the rest - job, home, friends etc, keep us posted.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooops, sorry didn't realise it was friendly...I couln't see past hairy and scary..

Next one I see I'll make him more welcome, and put him in next doors garden instead.!
Mash

Originally posted by dotty
Thats really sad you killed him, they do a great job of getting rid of the bad guys like redbacks flies mozzies small cockroaches. We have several live in our house and they are not a problem at all. Quite timid just run up the wall if you get too close, we often find them in the shower having a drink.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 10:18 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by mashiraz
Ooops, sorry didn't realise it was friendly...I couln't see past hairy and scary..

Next one I see I'll make him more welcome, and put him in next doors garden instead.!
Mash

Mash,

This has nothing to do with this thread. Yesterday I was searching for something about the fees Doctors charge and came across a comment you had written and then wondered how you were getting on. Also then thought well what has happen to Grub, has she had her baby etc etc???

Then you post today. Funny old world.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 10:27 am
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough

Hi Paul and Steph

Hope you're settling in ok :-)

I thought you were off to Melbourne?

Siobhan
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great to hear from you. It sounds like you are settling in well, even though it is early days yet. I am sure you don't miss the weather it is freezing here now!!