Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We're all going on a summer holiday....

We're all going on a summer holiday....

Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:39 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We're all going on a summer holiday....

I'm so flippin' excited!!

We've booked the tickets today to go over to Melbourne and Sydney at the end of Feb!!

Can anyone tell us where the nicer beaches are in the Melbourne area please? We're staying in the Frankston area so we think that's not too far from Phillip Island with the penguins, which is something I can't wait to see.
The kids are all excited about the Puffing Billy train and we're all looking forward to the Zoo.

Is there anything else folk would suggest we see while we're over there?

Do you reckon it's too early to start packing yet?!!!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Re: We're all going on a summer holiday....

Good onya Tracey. Can't help with the questions though!

Mandy
Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:52 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scrawni
Good onya Tracey. Can't help with the questions though!

Mandy
Hey Mandy, how's things?

I'm so looking forward to this holiday, I reckon the biggest factor for me is being back in 'civilisation' again! I can't wait for the hustle and bustle and to be in a busy city!

"people...people who need people" tra la la la la.....!!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Have u got room for one more? I feel the need........for shopping!

Mandy
Old Jan 10th 2005, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

nmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I'm so flippin' excited!!

We've booked the tickets today to go over to Melbourne and Sydney at the end of Feb!!

Can anyone tell us where the nicer beaches are in the Melbourne area please? We're staying in the Frankston area so we think that's not too far from Phillip Island with the penguins, which is something I can't wait to see.
The kids are all excited about the Puffing Billy train and we're all looking forward to the Zoo.

Is there anything else folk would suggest we see while we're over there?

Do you reckon it's too early to start packing yet?!!!
So exciting!!! The Great Ocean Road is a fantastic area to visit too...although it is on the other side of the bay to where you are staying!! I spotted koala's right on the road side...and the beaches are amazing!!

Safe Travelling and have fun!!!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

rosscog will become famous soon enoughrosscog will become famous soon enough

weve just come back from a month in melbourne and sydney.

like the other reply said, the great ocean road is fantastic,
from frankston you could get the sorrento to queenscliff ferry to the other side of the bay, some lovely beaches down that way, torquay, lorne etc.

heallsville sanctuary is very good for all things ozzie, this is out past the northern suburbs,

phillip islands penguin parade is a must see like you said,

melbourne zoo is very good, if you go on a friday,sat or sun in the evening about 6pm they have live music usually from some pretty good artists.

there really is loads to do in melbourne.

when in sydney, you have to go to manly on the ferry from circular quay, lovely beach, much nicer than bondi which is really just a surfing beach and also nicer to get there and back on the ferry as opposed to the bus but see bondi if you can as the waves are pretty special or they were on the day we were there anyway when it was blowing a gale.