Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The WELSH Dragon has landed ... Finally!!

The WELSH Dragon has landed ... Finally!!

Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The WELSH Dragon has landed ... Finally!!

G'day cobbers & shelias

We have landed!! (17-11-03) ... Got a house ... a bank account ... a Tax number ... a suntan ...
& also a job ... which I started on 5th Jan 2004.

It took 4 weeks 2 find a decent house 2 rent!!

I was ill for the 1st 3 weeks here ... flu that I brought over from UK.

We r all settling in OK. The girls started school on the 8-12-03 & finished for the Christmas/Summer vacation on 19-12-03. They start back on 29-01-04.

Regards

Ian, Michele, Rebecca & Abigail

Last edited by jonah66; Jan 14th 2004 at 10:20 am.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:32 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to you and welcome to Australia. Now theres only one more port talbotan left to come here, poor old welshboybilly !!

Good luck

PS. Im from Barry
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:50 pm
WBB

Default Re: The WELSH Dragon has landed ... Finally!!

Originally posted by jonah66
G'day cobbers & shelias

We have landed!! (17-11-03) ... Got a house ... a bank account ... a Tax number ... a suntan ...
& also a job ... which I started on 5th Jan 2004.

It took 4 weeks 2 find a decent house 2 rent!!

I was ill for the 1st 3 weeks here ... flu that I brought over from UK.

We r all settling in OK. The girls started school on the 8-12-03 & finished for the Christmas/Summer vacation on 19-12-03. They start back on 29-01-04.

Regards

Ian, Michele, Rebecca & Abigail
i thought i was the only port talbotite here, great to see somebody else from PT posting here, where in PT did you live, i am in margam and hoipefully brisbane early next year.

good luck

Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:05 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default good luck jonah

well done jonah......... looks like things are falling into place.......

just remeber when ya paddling tho........ keep ya eye open for the whale......

love boomie
xx xx
Old Jan 17th 2004, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The WELSH Dragon has landed ... Finally!!

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i thought i was the only port talbotite here, great to see somebody else from PT posting here, where in PT did you live, i am in margam and hoipefully brisbane early next year.

good luck
I'm from Moorland Road ... around the corner from the old hospital.

Regards

Ian
Old Jan 17th 2004, 8:24 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck to you and your family. Sounds like things are going really well for you. I'm from Cardiff (currently living in Newport) and Brisbane as soon as we get visas.

Best Wishes
Sarah