Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Well here and lovin it....

Well here and lovin it....

Old May 6th 2004, 2:01 am
Me, 2 kids and the wife

clevs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well here and lovin it....

Well we arrive on Sunday 2nd after a long an tiring flight via Hong Kong and actually the flying time was only 19 hours so it wasn't too bad, Cathay Pacific we brilliant with the kids, great seats and good food.

Our friends collected us from Adelaide Airport all excited and he had to bring his ute so that it could fit all 10 pieces of luggage into it. (when flying tell the airline that you are migrating and they double your allowance we were able to bring over 160kg, 40kg each)

Partied on Sunday and Monday.

Eldest Daughter had her first day in school yesterday and totally enjoying it. Now wants me to just to drop off at the gate and not go in...says tat I'll embarrass her too much.....

Trying to get youngest into Daycare for a few days a week, so it give me time to sort out more stuff.

Husband has been offered two jobs and going for another interview today so that he will start work by next Monday.

Trying to find a car today.....soooo much to do, but loving every minute of it.

When we look at of the window in the morning all we see is blue ocean and the most outstanding view of Adelaide Hills.

At this moment I am really enjoying our new life and looking forward to the future, it what you make of it.......

Clevs
Old May 6th 2004, 2:39 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you are having a fab time it must have been a good feeling having some friends to meet you at the airport
Old May 6th 2004, 5:21 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: Well here and lovin it....

Originally posted by clevs
Well we arrive on Sunday 2nd after a long an tiring flight via Hong Kong and actually the flying time was only 19 hours so it wasn't too bad, Cathay Pacific we brilliant with the kids, great seats and good food.
to get youngest into Daycare for a few days a week, so it give me time to sort out more stuff.

this moment I am really enjoying our new life and looking forward to the future, it what you make of it.......

Clevs

Good luck with your new life down under hope it goes well for you and your family....
johanne
Old May 6th 2004, 8:21 am
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by clevs

Our friends collected us from Adelaide Airport all excited and he had to bring his ute so that it could fit all 10 pieces of luggage into it. (when flying tell the airline that you are migrating and they double your allowance we were able to bring over 160kg, 40kg each)

Partied on Sunday and Monday.

Eldest Daughter had her first day in school yesterday and totally enjoying it. Now wants me to just to drop off at the gate and not go in...says tat I'll embarrass her too much.....

Trying to get youngest into Daycare for a few days a week, so it give me time to sort out more stuff.

Husband has been offered two jobs and going for another interview today so that he will start work by next Monday.

Trying to find a car today.....soooo much to do, but loving every minute of it.

When we look at of the window in the morning all we see is blue ocean and the most outstanding view of Adelaide Hills.

At this moment I am really enjoying our new life and looking forward to the future, it what you make of it.......

Clevs
Hi Clevs
Really glad to hear things are going well for you all, whereabouts are you in Adelaide, sounds lovely from the view you described. Keep us posted on your progress.

Best wishes to you all in your new life.

Love Lisa x
Old May 6th 2004, 11:02 am
Me, 2 kids and the wife

Thanks for the support and encouragement, I'll just go and compose another list to do.....

Clevs
Old May 6th 2004, 11:21 am
Me, 2 kids and the wife

Hi Lisa

We are in Aberfoyle Park, the views are blinding, we are going to rent in this area then find a house that we like to buy.

Keep you posted.

Clevs