Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Well guys this is it !!!!

Wikiposts

Well guys this is it !!!!

Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:41 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Well guys this is it !!!!

All the best - hope you have a fantastic time - I leave in two weeks and my goodbyes start this Friday when I leave work, I'm not looking forward to it at all and I really feel for you at the moment. Once you get out there though I'm sure it will all be worth it. Hope you're all reunited as quickly as possible and have a wonderful time.

Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:48 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Jill & Warren,

Have a great time in Perth; Finger's crossed for the house sale and that you'll all be together again for your new life as soon as possible.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
As I sit here typing this I cannot quite believe that tommorrow we leave for Heathrow and Tuesday morning we fly to Perth arriving Wednesday evening.

This last week has been manic and haven't had time to sit and reflect how we all feel.

Been down in the Cotswolds saying goodbye to all the rels, which was lovely and not at all upsetting as we don't see a great deal of them anyway - and may even see more of them! as one faction are getting married out there. Everyone, as you would expect has wished us well and talking about it made us feel very lucky that we have the means to go.

Saying goodbye to my Mother on the other hand was the hardest thing I have ever had to do - it was awful. Don't underestimate that one. My 6 year old daughter sobbed her little heart out - cried herself to sleep until 10:45pm. I cried myself to sleep until 1:30am, which was not in the plan as both her and I had to be up at 4:30am to catch the flight to Bristol to see the rels.

I woke up looking like hell and in the night aliens had removed my eyes and replaced them with a new species of red slug - god they were sore. Got told off at the airport for wearing shades, but was quickly told to put them back on when he saw my eyes.

On reflection over the last year we have had it pretty easy and our application was straight forward, but it is still one of the most stressful things you can do.

So to all those thinking about doing this, think very carefully, do your research and most of all truely believe in it. Don't assume anything.

We started this process back in April last year but didn't come on here until later on. It has been a wealth of information. Join in if you want to but don't take any of the trivia to heart. We have been able to find out so much thanks to the guys on here and it has really made a difference. It kept me grounded and made us all realise that it isn't the 'Promised Land' or a golden ticket.

One thing I can be sure of life will never be the same again. I will do my best to send reports of all we discover.

So for now it's goodbye and we will connect at the other end.
When Mr B comes back - look after him for me and pray for us that the house will sell.

All our best wishes

Jill and Warren
Jill,
What a lovely post. I wish you and Warren all the luck in the world for your new life.

Hope everything works out for you and keep in touch.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:00 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
As I sit here typing this I cannot quite believe that tommorrow we leave for Heathrow and Tuesday morning we fly to Perth arriving Wednesday evening.

This last week has been manic and haven't had time to sit and reflect how we all feel.

Been down in the Cotswolds saying goodbye to all the rels, which was lovely and not at all upsetting as we don't see a great deal of them anyway - and may even see more of them! as one faction are getting married out there. Everyone, as you would expect has wished us well and talking about it made us feel very lucky that we have the means to go.

Saying goodbye to my Mother on the other hand was the hardest thing I have ever had to do - it was awful. Don't underestimate that one. My 6 year old daughter sobbed her little heart out - cried herself to sleep until 10:45pm. I cried myself to sleep until 1:30am, which was not in the plan as both her and I had to be up at 4:30am to catch the flight to Bristol to see the rels.

I woke up looking like hell and in the night aliens had removed my eyes and replaced them with a new species of red slug - god they were sore. Got told off at the airport for wearing shades, but was quickly told to put them back on when he saw my eyes.

On reflection over the last year we have had it pretty easy and our application was straight forward, but it is still one of the most stressful things you can do.

So to all those thinking about doing this, think very carefully, do your research and most of all truely believe in it. Don't assume anything.

We started this process back in April last year but didn't come on here until later on. It has been a wealth of information. Join in if you want to but don't take any of the trivia to heart. We have been able to find out so much thanks to the guys on here and it has really made a difference. It kept me grounded and made us all realise that it isn't the 'Promised Land' or a golden ticket.

One thing I can be sure of life will never be the same again. I will do my best to send reports of all we discover.

So for now it's goodbye and we will connect at the other end.
When Mr B comes back - look after him for me and pray for us that the house will sell.

All our best wishes

Jill and Warren

So my rabbits safe now, is it?

Good luck with it all, it's been fun talking to you. You're one of the few left on here with a sense of humour!

Take care,

Steve
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Jill, Warren and co; Hope everything works out well for you - looking forward to your posts from this side!
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:48 am

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Wishing you all the best Jill and Warren

Let us know what your flights like!

Nikki x
Old Jul 11th 2004, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Good luck with your new lives. The worst part is over now, saying goodbye to close family is the hardest part, hopefully you will feel more positive again soon.

I never felt so guilty as when I had my daughter wailing that she did not want to leave England! Now she would not want to go back!

I hope it all works out for you. Some of us are really happy out here and would not change it for the world. I hope you feel the same soon!
Old Jul 11th 2004, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

When you get there dont make it all worry and work get out even if you leave a mess behind. Enjoy yourself and the children will ajust quicker what a wonderful adventure good luck to you Dear........
Old Jul 11th 2004, 4:47 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck you guys!! Safe flight and can't wait to meet you
Old Jul 11th 2004, 6:50 pm
Go Banana's !!

Thanks everyone - here goes

:scared:

Jill and Warren

Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Jill

Hope you have a great trip and wishing you all the best for your new life in Perth. Sure that house will be sold soon !

Just think - no more of this lousy British summer !!!
Old Jul 11th 2004, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Think I may have missed you.....but good luck anyway....keep us posted,
Michaela
Old Jul 11th 2004, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Go peeps.... good luck and the best of wishes to you.....

hugs
booboo
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Best of luck in your new life. Hope it's all you dream it will be. I fly to sydney in 6 weeks and one minute i'm so excited the next i'm sad, then i'm happy and on it goes!!
Keep us posted
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:39 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Did I miss you? Have you gone? Arrrgggghhhh, didn't get to say goodbye!

Have a good time you Bananas and let us know how you get on. Can't believe you're leaving already! How time has flown....

Trust we'll see you at the Great Nundle Expats meet next year? I shall be organising one just as soon as we get to Nundle and I won't accept any excuses

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.