Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Well guys this is it !!!!

Well guys this is it !!!!

Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:24 pm
Go Banana's !!

Cool Well guys this is it !!!!

As I sit here typing this I cannot quite believe that tommorrow we leave for Heathrow and Tuesday morning we fly to Perth arriving Wednesday evening.

This last week has been manic and haven't had time to sit and reflect how we all feel.

Been down in the Cotswolds saying goodbye to all the rels, which was lovely and not at all upsetting as we don't see a great deal of them anyway - and may even see more of them! as one faction are getting married out there. Everyone, as you would expect has wished us well and talking about it made us feel very lucky that we have the means to go.

Saying goodbye to my Mother on the other hand was the hardest thing I have ever had to do - it was awful. Don't underestimate that one. My 6 year old daughter sobbed her little heart out - cried herself to sleep until 10:45pm. I cried myself to sleep until 1:30am, which was not in the plan as both her and I had to be up at 4:30am to catch the flight to Bristol to see the rels.

I woke up looking like hell and in the night aliens had removed my eyes and replaced them with a new species of red slug - god they were sore. Got told off at the airport for wearing shades, but was quickly told to put them back on when he saw my eyes.

On reflection over the last year we have had it pretty easy and our application was straight forward, but it is still one of the most stressful things you can do.

So to all those thinking about doing this, think very carefully, do your research and most of all truely believe in it. Don't assume anything.

We started this process back in April last year but didn't come on here until later on. It has been a wealth of information. Join in if you want to but don't take any of the trivia to heart. We have been able to find out so much thanks to the guys on here and it has really made a difference. It kept me grounded and made us all realise that it isn't the 'Promised Land' or a golden ticket.

One thing I can be sure of life will never be the same again. I will do my best to send reports of all we discover.

So for now it's goodbye and we will connect at the other end.
When Mr B comes back - look after him for me and pray for us that the house will sell.

All our best wishes

Jill and Warren

Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:28 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and have a great journey. (That's an oxymoron....)
Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:30 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Well guys this is it !!!!

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
As I sit here typing this I cannot quite believe that tommorrow we leave for Heathrow and Tuesday morning we fly to Perth arriving Wednesday evening.

This last week has been manic and haven't had time to sit and reflect how we all feel.

Been down in the Cotswolds saying goodbye to all the rels, which was lovely and not at all upsetting as we don't see a great deal of them anyway - and may even see more of them! as one faction are getting married out there. Everyone, as you would expect has wished us well and talking about it made us feel very lucky that we have the means to go.

Saying goodbye to my Mother on the other hand was the hardest thing I have ever had to do - it was awful. Don't underestimate that one. My 6 year old daughter sobbed her little heart out - cried herself to sleep until 10:45pm. I cried myself to sleep until 1:30am, which was not in the plan as both her and I had to be up at 4:30am to catch the flight to Bristol to see the rels.

I woke up looking like hell and in the night aliens had removed my eyes and replaced them with a new species of red slug - god they were sore. Got told off at the airport for wearing shades, but was quickly told to put them back on when he saw my eyes.

On reflection over the last year we have had it pretty easy and our application was straight forward, but it is still one of the most stressful things you can do.

So to all those thinking about doing this, think very carefully, do your research and most of all truely believe in it. Don't assume anything.

We started this process back in April last year but didn't come on here until later on. It has been a wealth of information. Join in if you want to but don't take any of the trivia to heart. We have been able to find out so much thanks to the guys on here and it has really made a difference. It kept me grounded and made us all realise that it isn't the 'Promised Land' or a golden ticket.

One thing I can be sure of life will never be the same again. I will do my best to send reports of all we discover.

When Mr B comes back - look after him for me and pray for us that the house will sell.

All our best wishes

Jill and Warren

Good luck with everything Jill and Warren

Kala
Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Jill

All the best. Hope the flight goes well etc etc. Once Mr B is back here, the house will be sold etc etc and he will be back with you. Life will then be as you wish it.

Look forward to hearing from the other side.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:33 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Jill and Warren
Jill,

We're off 4 weeks today, so I have some idea how you feel.... :scared: and all at the same time!

Have a wonderful trip, keep us all up to date with how you & the children get on, and tell Warren to keep posting & being part of our, community too. Don't forget we're all here if either of you get lonely.....

Take care & have fun, too!

Anya.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:34 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck guys. I'm sure the time will fly until Warren arrives! Keep us posted (of course)
Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:35 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

GOOD LUCK JILL AND WARREN

Enjoy your new life in Perth

Safe Journey

Julia
Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:40 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

All our best wishes

Jill and Warren

Good luck Jill.

Keep us all up to date when you get there

Safe journey
Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:48 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with everything, and have a good flight!

I've got a feeling the first couple of weeks are going to be VERY hectic! They are always, but for you guys and us, we've got the extra of visiting all the family, and for us friends. One friend of mine lives in Bunbury, but I think she'll be able to come and visit us.(though, it'd be fun to see her house etc...)

I hope to see you on Sunday the 25th in Hillary's, and otherwise we'll meet up at a later date when things settle down.....
(horseriding!)

(we had our goodbye party yesterday with 100 people, was just a fun day, nice weather(!) etc. Nobody really close we had to say goodbye too!
Wednesday will be the sad day for us..............
I'm still not nervous btw, very strange, but it'll come)

Best wishes,

Simone
Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

summersnanny is an unknown quantity at this point

i just had to write and say very good luck to you , my son and family went out to perth in febuary to live and we were heartbroken but in may we went out for a month and it was great and my son and his wife have paid for us to go out again in october we can't wait to go back out there, my son has just brought a tavern a hour's journey out of perth and doing very well, good luck summers nanny
Old Jul 11th 2004, 6:10 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of Luck you guys!

Hope to meet you out there.

Max & Ed
Old Jul 11th 2004, 6:23 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Good Luck You bananas!

I hope you have a safe journey.

leigh
Old Jul 11th 2004, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

safe journey and have a great time.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Jill and Warren
hope that i haven't missed you! just wanted to say not only best of luck but a big Thank You too for all the help and advice you've both given me over the months, really wish you health and mega happiness in your new lives down under!
Take care and remember to keep smiling
hugs and love
Rach, Mark and Chanelle xxxxx
Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:22 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Good luck to you
Watch what you eat on that flight, you dont want to give yourself wind sat on that plane for 19hrs (like what I did).
Got some real funny looks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.