Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Well done Australians !

Well done Australians !

Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:59 am
Just Joined

The Unready is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well done Australians !

All visitor visa applicants who are residents of Serbia and Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Former Yugoslav Replublic of Macedonia must also provide a completed Statement Regarding Character form with their application

http://www.australia.org.yu/pdf/Stat..._character.pdf

In this shameful Act, Australia wants you to practicaly brake law of your country. Simply, these informations cannot be given. It is ok to ask wheather you where in Army and when but just look what they`ve been asking for ! Who were your superiors (name, rank), who were superior of your superior (like I ever knew) plus they want you too submit your military documetation and that to foreign power which direct break of Serbian Law which forbid it.

Well done Australia. As far as I understand I will prove to you that I am of a good caracter if I break law (I won`t say betray, though I could) of my own Country ?
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:08 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Well done Australians !

Originally posted by The Unready
All visitor visa applicants who are residents of Serbia and Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Former Yugoslav Replublic of Macedonia must also provide a completed Statement Regarding Character form with their application

In this shameful Act, Australia wants you to practicaly brake law of your country. Simply, these informations cannot be given. It is ok to ask wheather you where in Army and when but just look what they`ve been asking for ! Who were your superiors (name, rank), who were superior of your superior (like I ever knew) plus they want you too submit your military documetation and that to foreign power which direct break of Serbian Law which forbid it.

Well done Australia. As far as I understand I will prove to you that I am of a good caracter if I break law (I won`t say betray, though I could) of my own Country ?
But can you pass the language test in any or all of: Swahili, Cantonese, Urdu ... ?
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:14 am
Just Joined

I am not sure that you know what you`ve been talking about.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:18 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure I know what you are talking about either.

What laws are you breaking by filling in a form?
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Dont be mean Megs!!...you can see english is his second language... he wouldnt understand the joke...

Unready..you do very well with your english!!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I think (could be wrong) that he is saying Australia wants him to provide information that is illegal to obtain in his country
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:24 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
But can you pass the language test in any or all of: Swahili, Cantonese, Urdu ... ?

Not sure if this is what Meg meant but immigration used to have the power to ask you to translate a passage of text to english before they would let you in.The famous one was getting an asian to translate a paragraph from say gaelic to english - if you could'nt you were turned away
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:26 am
Just Joined

excatly podgypossum. Providing Australian Authorities with such informations is legal offence in my country.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:28 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
I think (could be wrong) that he is saying Australia wants him to provide information that is illegal to obtain in his country
But his own information . I wasnt having a go at his english, I just dont understand what the problem is, I thought that if you have been in military service anywhere that you had to declare it anyway, I can certainly understand DIMIA wanting more information than just name rank & serial number for military personnel from some countries. It seems to only apply if you have been serving in the conflict since 1991 anyway from looking at the form.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:28 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Well I cant comment on the law of Serbia, Bosnia et al. but I know when Chris applied for his Visa he had to give copies of his military discharge papers etc.. and answer the question about war crimes. (Everybody does. Its in all the application forms). A lot of the info in this form you attached is just a repeat of what is asked for in the Application forms anyway. Given what happened in FRY and the fact that there is an ICT ongoing I think its only right that Australia asks these questions.

IMHO if someone has nothing to hide then they'll be OK and wont mind giving the info. (Regarding the breaking of Sebian/Bosnian etc law, I would think AHC have investigated this fully and legally before implementing the form). If however someone had commited war crimes then I think it only right that Australia (or any new host country that person is applying to) should be able to have the info and make a considered decision as to whether they want that person in their country or not.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:29 am
Rocket Scientist

excatly podgypossum. Providing Australian Authorities with such informations is legal offence in my country.
Ummm well if thats the case then it means there wont be many immigrants from former Yugoslavia then I guess .
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:30 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Well I cant comment on the law of Serbia, Bosnia et al. but I know when Chris applied for his Visa he had to give copies of his military discharge papers etc.. and answer the question about war crimes. (Everybody does. Its in all the application forms). A lot of the info in this form you attached is just a repeat of what is asked for in the Application forms anyway. Given what happened in FRY and the fact that their is an ICT ongoing I think its only right that Australia asks these questions.

IMHO if someone has nothing to hide then they'll be OK and wont mind giving the info. (Regarding the breaking of Sebian/Bosnian etc law, I would think AHC have investigated this fully and legally before implementing the form). If however someone had commited war crimes then I think it only right that Australia (or any new host country that person is applying to) should be able to have the info and make a considered decision as to whether they want that person in their country or not.
You said it so much better than me! LOL
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Hmmm...ok..i see everyones point. We need to get things clear.

Unready. Would you be willing to answer a couple of questions so that we understand your position?

1. Were you a soldier?

2. If you were. When was this?
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:42 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
Hmmm...ok..i see everyones point. We need to get things clear.

Unready. Would you be willing to answer a couple of questions so that we understand your position?

1. Were you a soldier?

2. If you were. When was this?
vee av vays of makin you talk
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

oooooooh..hang on..i'll just go get my thigh length shiny PVC boots on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.