Wikiposts

Welding

Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:39 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Welding

I aint got a clue about welding, but would like some info.

We wish to make up some gates, using 32mm and 50mm tube. I dunno thickness of metal but about 6mm id say.

Im not offay with Mig Tig Arc etc etc..

Can anyone shed some light as to which is best for our site, we wont be tempting alluminium welding lol

Just general welding around our place, perhaps in future being able to weld, sheetmetal etc etc.

Many thanks Steve
Old Oct 13th 2005, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welding

Hi steve,

bit confused by the question - what do you mean by "best for our site"? What exactly are you attempting to make DIY, gates ?

As far as I know, MIg is the best for the unaware. Bear in mind it could cost you time and money if you use the wrong wire etc.

Give us a shout and I'll lend a hand (spend years listening to a class one welder..... )

Last edited by steandleigh; Oct 13th 2005 at 8:11 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 8:08 pm
Anyone seen my coat???

chopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I aint got a clue about welding, but would like some info.

We wish to make up some gates, using 32mm and 50mm tube. I dunno thickness of metal but about 6mm id say.

Im not offay with Mig Tig Arc etc etc..

Can anyone shed some light as to which is best for our site, we wont be tempting alluminium welding lol

Just general welding around our place, perhaps in future being able to weld, sheetmetal etc etc.

Many thanks Steve
IMHO.... CALL THE PROFESSIONALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably in the phone book under Gates/Railings?

I say that coz Chopper Boy is a welder... he might help you .. but I think he'd probably say Call The Professionals.

And if you wanna learn to weld.. go to college and get taught properly!

Sonic (I didn't realise I was logged in as Chopper Boy - my hubby, DOH!)
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:32 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chopper boy
IMHO.... CALL THE PROFESSIONALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably in the phone book under Gates/Railings?

I say that coz Chopper Boy is a welder... he might help you .. but I think he'd probably say Call The Professionals.

And if you wanna learn to weld.. go to college and get taught properly!

Sonic (I didn't realise I was logged in as Chopper Boy - my hubby, DOH!)
Many thanks for your graphic reply, you should try www.dafont.com and really goto town on size colour and variety.

Not the kind of answer I was after so thanks, but no thanks. Plus im sure I have thought of Yellow Pages !! etc etc etc
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Hi steve,

bit confused by the question - what do you mean by "best for our site"? What exactly are you attempting to make DIY, gates ?

As far as I know, MIg is the best for the unaware. Bear in mind it could cost you time and money if you use the wrong wire etc.

Give us a shout and I'll lend a hand (spend years listening to a class one welder..... )
LOL meant SIZE as in size of metal.

Nah we have fences galore, and kennel blocks, plus chook pens and dog runs. Its all lighweight non commercial, hope it dont fall apart stuff.

I was getting at Ampage , Safety , prefer NON gas, just able to join metal to metal

Looked up Mig, and Inverters ? if that makes sense... didnt to me, so posted on here.