Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newbie saying 'Hi'

Newbie saying 'Hi'

Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:45 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Newbie saying 'Hi'

Hi Everyone,

Well, just registered so thought I'd post a thread to say 'Hi'

My name is Susan & I currently live in London, England but am hoping to move back to Perth, Australia next year.

I am English by birth (Bristol) and I lived here till I was 8 when my parents moved us over to Australia where we later became citizens. Anyway, my fiance is British (Indian by Birth) & I moved to England in 1999 to be with him.

Next year, we will have to start the process of getting him a visa so that we can move back to Australia together. I am thinking we will go through an agent rather than attempt the forms ourselves. I need to see if I can sponsor him as a defacto partner, as I am living here with him rather than sponsoring him from over there. Anyway, still early days yet.

I am very homesick for Perth, after 6 years back here, the grass is most definately greener on the other side.

Anyone else from Perth here???? My folks live in Joondalup.

SUSAN
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie saying 'Hi'

Welcome Susan

Yes there are a lot of Perthites about

Don't throw anything away as any shred of evidence of your relationship will be required as proof. Bills, photos etc.

Good luck.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:59 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the tip.

Most bills etc are shredded after we've paid them But He stayed in Perth for 10 months working & lived with me and my family (was still living at home then). So we lived at the same address, from 1997 onwards. Also - rented properties over here together since 2002, so I am sure we can find heaps of evidenciary support - We've shared a bank account since 2000 so that will help

Susan
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:06 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no expert Susan but from reading on here I know the evidence stuff is really important so keep everything you have or get from now on.

The shared bank account is going to be really good as is shared rental agreements if you have or can get copies.

Just keep everything.....even tickets to the cinema and such like.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

elaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant futureelaine&graham has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
Hi Everyone,

My name is Susan & I currently live in London, England but am hoping to move back to Perth, Australia next year.

I am English by birth (Bristol) and I lived here till I was 8 when my parents moved us over to Australia where we later became citizens. Anyway, my fiance is British (Indian by Birth) & I moved to England in 1999 to be with him.

Next year, we will have to start the process of getting him a visa so that we can move back to Australia together. I am thinking we will go through an agent rather than attempt the forms ourselves. I need to see if I can sponsor him as a defacto partner, as I am living here with him rather than sponsoring him from over there. Anyway, still early days yet.

I am very homesick for Perth, after 6 years back here, the grass is most definately greener on the other side.

SUSAN

Hi Susan

Welcome to the website or should i say... 'The Madhouse!!!'
The guys on here are really helpful and they're pretty good at answering any questions that you're likley to have, so start asking!!

Sounds like you'll be doing the same forms that i did, i'm British but moved to Perth (Edgewater) when i was 8 but then moved back here to the UK several years ago - after i received my citizenship!!
Since then i've met my hubby to be (British) and i'm sponsoring him on a defacto spouse visa (from the UK) as we want to move to Perth - he loves the place!!

The forms are quite tedious but we did it without an agent saving ourselves plenty of cash - so if you can do it without paying someone you'll be quids in!!
We've been together 6 years and we included loads of info like statements, bills, etc along with invites to events and even photographs of us together over the years!! If you need any help, PM me and i'll do my best to help you!!

Our visa was granted after 3 MONTHS..... we couldn't believe how quick it was, and now our house is on the market and we're just waiting for a bl**dy buyer (which is proviong harder than waiting for the visa)!!!

Anyway, all the best to you guys and that's it now.... you'll be addicted to this place!!!

P.S. i've submitted this post under my mum's name (elaine&graham) my screen name is Mish & Al - sorry to confuse you!!!

Take Care
Michelle x x x

Last edited by elaine&graham; Oct 9th 2005 at 2:14 pm. Reason: submitted under wrong name!!
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:16 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Good post Michelle

Now you have me wondering why your username is Elaine ?

And you are new to posting so hello
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Do you plan to get married? If so, a fiance visa may be an alternative to a spouse visa on de-facto grounds. The requirements are different.

If you're looking for an agent in the UK, you could probably do worse than choose Ian Harrop, who's got a good reputation:
http://www.ianharrop.co.uk

The place to apply for a spouse or fiance visa (for UK residents) is the AHC London:
http://www.australia.org.uk

If you have specific immigration questions, it's better to ask on the immigration forum.

Jeremy
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Thanx Bix, I'm under my correct screen name today!!

No, i've been hanging around the site for a while now - and i'm hooked!!

I popped to my mums house yesterday and thought i'd pop online to get my fix - unfortunately i forgot that my mum also has a screen name (as she is also moving to Oz with her husband) so i was logged on as 'Elaine & Graham' instead of 'Mish & Al'.

Sorry to confuse ya all!!!
Hope everything goes well with your visa Susan!!

Michelle x x x
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:42 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the site, I will warn you now it is very addictive!!!

Good luck with it all and keep us updated.

Mandi
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:46 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the madhouse

In three days time I will officially come from Perth
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:48 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bridiej
Welcome to the madhouse

In three days time I will officially come from Perth
Blimey bridie, that's come around quickly!!! doesn't seem that long ago when you were putting in your 2nd tra.

Bet you're getting very excited good luck, hope you enjoy the flight.

Mandi
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:53 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandi248
Blimey bridie, that's come around quickly!!! doesn't seem that long ago when you were putting in your 2nd tra.

Bet you're getting very excited good luck, hope you enjoy the flight.

Mandi
Thanks Mandi
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Newbie saying 'Hi'

Hi Everyone,

SUSAN
Welcome..
No from Perth but going to Perth, and hopefully Joondalup...could Iemail you re Joondalup detail ?

Dave
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Newbie saying 'Hi'

Hi Everyone,

SUSAN
Welcome..
No from Perth but going to Perth, and hopefully Joondalup...could Iemail you re Joondalup detail ?

Dave
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:04 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Newbie saying 'Hi'

Hi Everyone,

SUSAN
Yep, I'm from Perth; born in Bassendean, moved to Craigie, eventually Tasmania and finally back to WA, where I settled in Midvale!

Have been in the UK for nearly two years now, and starting to feel pretty homesick!

My dad was a British citizen, so I'll be applying for my UK passport soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.