Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Welcome back Wilf

Welcome back Wilf

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Welcome back Wilf

Well, when I last posted, and said I was packing it in to preserve some delicate souls who would rather live in la la land than the real Oz, PB said words to the effect of "what do you think you are ruining here anyway?" I have had a butcher's today and have to say he was right, so I have come back from the dead (all who live in Oz are familiar with what I mean by dead) and hope to resume transmissions with all those who appreciate the truth of Oz as seen by a loathsome old man like me. So, any questions, fire away. I am especially good on the subject of where to go for a decent career and can hold my own on the subject of Oz education after getting my kids through the system without too much damage to their prospects, so, as I say, ask away.

Wilf
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

Wilf,

I'm going to Perth next year and was wondering about the cost of asthma inhalers.
I assume they don't come free, and I should start stockpiling them now. Any idea just how dear they are?.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by GengaKev
Wilf,

I'm going to Perth next year and was wondering about the cost of asthma inhalers.
I assume they don't come free, and I should start stockpiling them now. Any idea just how dear they are?.
No idea mate. They will cost too much would be my answer, so you are right to stockpile before making the fateful move. Come to that, stockpile whatever you can, especially when it comes to healthcare items, because you will pay for everything in the land of plenty.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

I'll get my sister to send a parcel over a couple of times a year!, she's also got asthma and usually can't think what to get me for Birthday and Christmas pressies!

Sorted.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 2:51 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Welcome back Wilf

Originally posted by Wilf
Well, when I last posted, and said I was packing it in to preserve some delicate souls who would rather live in la la land than the real Oz, PB said words to the effect of "what do you think you are ruining here anyway?" I have had a butcher's today and have to say he was right, so I have come back from the dead (all who live in Oz are familiar with what I mean by dead) and hope to resume transmissions with all those who appreciate the truth of Oz as seen by a loathsome old man like me. So, any questions, fire away. I am especially good on the subject of where to go for a decent career and can hold my own on the subject of Oz education after getting my kids through the system without too much damage to their prospects, so, as I say, ask away.

Wilf
Well slap me in the guts with a dead fish, Wilf!

Megalania finally let you go then?

We paid the ransom as he requested. Hope he did you no harm.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Florida_03
Well slap me in the guts with a dead fish, Wilf!

Megalania finally let you go then?

We paid the ransom as he requested. Hope he did you no harm.
It is always a pleasure to converse with an educated man and so I will leave Mega be but will reply to you old boy. I am not sure your work here has produced the effect you had hoped for - there seems to be a lot of bum notes here rather than the tunes you favour, but then you cannot expect much from the chimney sweeps and estate agents of the UK queuing up for the boat to paradise can you? Some of them need a this way up sign to navigate their path up the gangplank so do not be impatient - I fear, though, that you will have to set aside some hours from your future research career for online teaching, so do not fill your timetable.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:28 am
Not here

It is always a pleasure to converse with an educated man and so I will leave Mega be but will reply to you old boy. I am not sure your work here has produced the effect you had hoped for - there seems to be a lot of bum notes here rather than the tunes you favour, but then you cannot expect much from the chimney sweeps and estate agents of the UK queuing up for the boat to paradise can you? Some of them need a this way up sign to navigate their path up the gangplank so do not be impatient - I fear, though, that you will have to set aside some hours from your future research career for online teaching, so do not fill your timetable.
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed are kings?
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed are kings?
Ah, the great HG Wells. He would be impressed to meet someone like me who has actually time travelled (1975 here I reckon but the date wheel is a bit dodgy on my contraption) but then he was very prescient - apart from living in Woking, Surrey, that is.

How goes the move? Months or weeks yet?
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:56 am
Not here

How goes the move? Months or weeks yet?
Leaving late September. Time to finish my Willys MB restoration and Walden...
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by GengaKev
Wilf,

Don`t know about Puffers in Perth, but Ventolin/Bricanyl (or the cheaper, non-generic equivalents) are around $10 each, over the counter, (i.e. without prescription) from the local chemists.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Rosy, seem very reasonable.
Sounds like I'll need them if the wood burners are as bad as PB says.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

I use this bunch a bit. You pay $5 for delivery though. OK if you are buying in bulk.

http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Leaving late September. Time to finish my Willys MB restoration and Walden...
I am very glad you have gotten hold of Walden. I hope you are enjoying it and that it is "your sort of thing" as I thought it might be. My edition has a number of essays, etc., including "Civil Disobedience" (I think it is called) which inspired Gandhi and is a great read in itself, especially if you plan to refuse to pay taxes as I am considering doing. I want to get to pick which poms I support here before they raid my wallet to pay for them - is this too much to ask? Why is there no indulgence for the old any more? I am afraid my parts are past restoring and so I have little to contribute on that score, but it comes to us all in the end and only the cruel would mock. I am afraid I have not gotten hold of your recommended novel yet (my library visits are even less frequent than my UK visits) but have written it in my old man's book as I call it, for someone with a bad memory.

Well, September is not long then. This is for a fixed period or a permanent move?
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 4:19 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Bloody kids trampling my grave again!
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 4:24 am
Not here

Originally posted by Megalania
Bloody kids trampling my grave again!
You Pleistocene boys were always a bit edgy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.