Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Welcome to Aussie health care

Welcome to Aussie health care

Old Jul 21st 2003, 1:54 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by suz
Originally posted by pommie bastard

Agree, but where in the world is perfect, these days, it seems if you want any kind of decent service you have to pay, my kids do not go to private school, but if I had the money they would probably go to one, I have just paid for treatment at the dentist, private, as I cannot find a good one who takes NHS patients locally and as for the local doctors he has too many patients on his list and if you want to see him you could easily wait one week for an appointment, when you are sick I would rather pay and get to see him there and then, I could choose to go to the A&E but last time I took my daughter we waited the whole day!!!!
As for lazy people, well they are everywhere in the world and so cannot really be avoided.
Personally, I'm going to Perth with an open mind about everything, it could well be that I dont like what I find, but on the other hand it might just suit us all, if I dont try I will never know, in any case I'm always up for an adventure, lets just hope me and mine dont get too sick!!!!!!

Suz

:
80% of dentist's in the UK work for the NHS , never found a half good Aussie Dentist yet and they charge like a wounded bull.
You are in for an eye opener I can just see your face when the health provers here ask you is that credit card or cash , for services the NHS provide for nothing.
The taxes here are eaten up by over goverment none left to prove the service's people need.

Old Jul 21st 2003, 1:54 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by suz
Originally posted by pommie bastard

Agree, but where in the world is perfect, these days, it seems if you want any kind of decent service you have to pay, my kids do not go to private school, but if I had the money they would probably go to one, I have just paid for treatment at the dentist, private, as I cannot find a good one who takes NHS patients locally and as for the local doctors he has too many patients on his list and if you want to see him you could easily wait one week for an appointment, when you are sick I would rather pay and get to see him there and then, I could choose to go to the A&E but last time I took my daughter we waited the whole day!!!!
As for lazy people, well they are everywhere in the world and so cannot really be avoided.
Personally, I'm going to Perth with an open mind about everything, it could well be that I dont like what I find, but on the other hand it might just suit us all, if I dont try I will never know, in any case I'm always up for an adventure, lets just hope me and mine dont get too sick!!!!!!

Suz

:
80% of dentist's in the UK work for the NHS , never found a half good Aussie Dentist yet and they charge like a wounded bull.
You are in for an eye opener I can just see your face when the health provers here ask you is that credit card or cash , for services the NHS provide for nothing.
The taxes here are eaten up by over goverment none left to prove the service's people need.

Old Jul 21st 2003, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Most dentists do NHS work, that is not the same as saying they work for the NHS. A bit like hospital consultants. Try finding a local NHS dentist that can take you on his books.

When were you last in the UK?
Old Jul 21st 2003, 2:15 am
Banned

Originally posted by dracupg
Most dentists do NHS work, that is not the same as saying they work for the NHS. A bit like hospital consultants. Try finding a local NHS dentist that can take you on his books.

When were you last in the UK?
My son still is and he has little problem , he did laugh at the amount my wife paid out $2000 for same work that he got done for next to nothing .
Stick to cars you know little about them either

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 21st 2003 at 2:24 am.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Was grammar optional at your school, or are you getting a bit over-ranted.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 2:20 am
Banned

Originally posted by dracupg
Was grammar optional at your school, or are you getting a bit over-ranted.
No but trying to pull in full time employment at the same time , unlike an IT nerd.

Old Jul 21st 2003, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

More fool you then.