Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weirdest names for stuff ??

Weirdest names for stuff ??

Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:16 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Weirdest names for stuff ??

I liked the sign at Dreamworld that read 'No thongs to be worn on this ride!' ...
Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:01 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

WOBBLE GOBBLE BLISS BOMBS ............................popcorn from Videoezy
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

Originally Posted by biggy
WOBBLE GOBBLE BLISS BOMBS ............................popcorn from Videoezy
Had to add this one...........
Foodland - Ceduna sells Pickled Onions called Bum Hummers!!!!!!!!!! Taste OK though.........according to the advertising they state quote"1000 farts in every jar" unquote!!!!!!!! For those who dont believe me I will buy a jar tomorrow and scan the label for you!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

We have a bottle of this at work. Boss brought it back from USA.

see http://www.hotsaucezone.com/
Attached Thumbnails Weirdest names for stuff ??-hottestfn.jpg  
Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:49 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by invictia
Foodland - Ceduna sells Pickled Onions called Bum Hummers!!!!!!!!!! Taste OK though.........according to the advertising they state quote"1000 farts in every jar" unquote!!!!!!!! For those who dont believe me I will buy a jar tomorrow and scan the label for you!
we got them tooo lol
Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:51 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by invictia
LMAO waits with baited breath
Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:58 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

My British husband thinks the whole "In a biscuit" range is hilarious - Chicken in a Biscuit and Dixie Drumsticks in a biscuit being his faves...for those moments when you can't decide whether you want chicken...or a biscuit....

I've lived in the UK for 10 years and I still find Faggots and spotted dick hilarious (I know, it's childish!) and before you take the mickey about us Aussies calling a certain item of footwear "thongs" please, just reflect on how ridiculous "Flip Flop" would sound for the first time (I did a double take when I was working in a shop and someone asked me if we had "Flip Flops" . I was PMSL for ages after they manged with hand gestures to make me understand what the heck the were on about )

Michelle
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Iolair will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I had to leave the room last night when my 75 year old MIL turned round to me and asked if I had some Durex she could use................ :scared:

(for those not in the know, its sellotape!!!)
Actually, the cellotape brand name is 'Jurex.' Durex/Jurex/Durex/Jurex... not a lot of difference in the way they're pronounced.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:50 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Weirdest names for stuff ??

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Has to be EASY OFF BAM

or do yooo no one better??
its not just the names that are different!
we have just returned from our latest visit to oz
( four weeks in and around Sydney ) and there’s a radio commercial that’s on at the moment all during the day for a spray that allegedly helps blokes with problems in the bedroom

the slogan that’s repeated throughout the ad is

one spray up the nose and up it goes ( honest )

could you get away with that over here ?

Steve`o
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jim2004
I liked the sign at Dreamworld that read 'No thongs to be worn on this ride!' ...
Thongs are our flip-flops, not the things that Peter Stringfellow wears! :scared:
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iolair
Actually, the cellotape brand name is 'Jurex.' Durex/Jurex/Durex/Jurex... not a lot of difference in the way they're pronounced.
However you spell it, it sounds the same when said in a country-Aussie accent ....and you try keeping a straight face when your aged MIL asks for one!!!! It was very nearly a "spit beer all over the keyboard" moment - don't think I'll ever forget it
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:27 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Weirdest names for stuff ??

Originally Posted by Iolair
Who cares about the way there pronounced just as long as you dont get them around the wrong way fumbling in the dark eh!

One way.........a bit slippy and harmless (if lubricated of course!)

The other way.............Its not worth thinking about, but I can imagine the pain ! ! !

R.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:50 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Oh wow my sides are hurting have had the crappest day and just came on here and spent 10 minutes reading posts now can't wait even more to get out so i can go food shopping so i cna mkae the folks back home laugh with some of the funbny wordings on australian products. Thank you so much for cheering me up.

Poshrice
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:36 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

I know it's not Au, but when I lived in the US, my son & I used to laugh at a brand of Yoghurt called 'fruit on the bottom'. :scared:

Anya
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anya4oz
I know it's not Au, but when I lived in the US, my son & I used to laugh at a brand of Yoghurt called 'fruit on the bottom'. :scared:

Anya
Hi

In Tescos they sell tiny uncooked pink sausages called 'Little Willies', my 2 boys peed themselves laughing when they saw them.

B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.