Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

weevils in Australia

Wikiposts

weevils in Australia

Old Sep 18th 2003, 4:31 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I found weevils in certain stuff I got in the Uk...yuk! I haven't had any here as yet, but must admit I did for the first 12 months have everything in plastic....we are starting not to bother so much, and the cereal lives in the boxes at least in the winter months.

PS I haven't be invited to a tupperware party either , I buy mine from woolies
Old Sep 18th 2003, 4:36 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sandra
I found weevils in certain stuff I got in the Uk...yuk! I haven't had any here as yet, but must admit I did for the first 12 months have everything in plastic....we are starting not to bother so much, and the cereal lives in the boxes at least in the winter months.

PS I haven't be invited to a tupperware party either , I buy mine from woolies
Don't forget the cockies? They love unsealed food.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 4:44 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Don't forget the cockies? They love unsealed food.
Nope I do not forget the cockies - I have posted here before about my love of cockroaches, have treated house and home and I am as careful as possible. I don't mean so much unsealed as un plasticated - before every item that came into the house was removed from box and put in plastic straight away even if we did not plan to use it straight away. I did consider a flight back to the UK after finding one on my bedside table one evening as I came in in the dark fumbling around for my bedside light!:scared:

That was my rental and they were more bush roaches than the german thingys. I now have bought, and I am a happy bunny I have not found one yet!

Cheers
Old Sep 19th 2003, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen weevils in the UK - when my mum and dad were working a lot, they used to have bags of flour sitting around for months.
Guess they're just another source of protein really! Maybe the Aussies aren't too bothered as they're used to that kinda thing (witchety grubs etc).