Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

this weeks threads on whether TVs etc will work in Aus.....

this weeks threads on whether TVs etc will work in Aus.....

Old Sep 21st 2009, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

chrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of light
Default this weeks threads on whether TVs etc will work in Aus.....

will my sons Wii work in Australia with his current games? Also will our television work if we ship that across?

Thanks guys.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wii & TV question

Yes, the Wii will work it's the same PAL "E" setting
TV - Yes it will work but more than likely only through an Aus set top box or Aus DVD player......... cheaper than buying a new telly
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

The Wii games that you buy over here work in the UK Wii unit too..

Em x
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

Hi

Does that also apply to Nintendo DS and PSP games as well??? Thanks
Old Sep 24th 2009, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daddyoconnor
Hi

Does that also apply to Nintendo DS and PSP games as well??? Thanks
I havent bought any since arriving, but I do remember reading somewhere that as these types of consoles were designed for travel and moving around, that their games would be universal... you should double check this advice though

Em x
Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:08 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
I havent bought any since arriving, but I do remember reading somewhere that as these types of consoles were designed for travel and moving around, that their games would be universal... you should double check this advice though

Em x
If there the same as PS2, they should. Have played on both UK machine (Aust games) and Australian machine (UK games). No dramas.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

Thankyou
Old Sep 29th 2009, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold
Default Televisions

Following a discussion that is going on on another forum I use I thought I'd come & ask here - has anyone had any problems with their televisions not working in Oz when you've shipped them over? Obviously analogue isn't going to work but from what hubby has researched dvb should work (but we won't get bbc, itv, etc as we do here lol).

Cheers

Alison x
Old Sep 30th 2009, 1:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Televisions

Originally Posted by al150n
Following a discussion that is going on on another forum I use I thought I'd come & ask here - has anyone had any problems with their televisions not working in Oz when you've shipped them over? Obviously analogue isn't going to work but from what hubby has researched dvb should work (but we won't get bbc, itv, etc as we do here lol).

Cheers

Alison x
If you do a search on "television " you'll find a myriad of threads on the subject, some of them going into great technical detail about which tvs will work and which won't
Old Sep 30th 2009, 2:03 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Televisions

Originally Posted by al150n

Cheers

Alison x
Most Analogue TVs do work, but will need a Set top box sometime between 2010 and 2013, as analogue is phased out.
My analogue TV is set at either the French or German settings which is the same as the Australian setting.

Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

MPRICHARDSON is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical Items

Looking at moving to Perth. Someone tells me not to bother bringing over electrical products such as hi-fi, dvd player and plasma t.v because they won't work. Is this true? Can't leave them all behind!!!!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electrical Items

Originally Posted by MPRICHARDSON
Looking at moving to Perth. Someone tells me not to bother bringing over electrical products such as hi-fi, dvd player and plasma t.v because they won't work. Is this true? Can't leave them all behind!!!!
Bring the lot and change the plugs... that's about all you need to do.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:54 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Someone has been winding you up.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Every single thing you have in the UK will work or can be made to work... with the exception being current UK digital radio's...
Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

The only slight issue is if the DVD player is locked to one region - you will need to unlock it or get a new one [cheap as chips though].

If the plasma contains a digital tv tuner it may not work here [depends if the manufacturer has included multi-country circuitry] but that can be quickly fixed with a digital set-top box.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.