Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weekend on the Bibbulmun Track

Weekend on the Bibbulmun Track

Old Nov 7th 2004, 8:48 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Weekend on the Bibbulmun Track

The boy and I parked up at the Hils Forest Centre and hiked about 12 kilometers to the Helena Campsite. It was fantastic. My legs still hurt from carrying the pack though.

http://www.bibbulmuntrack.org.au/
Attached Thumbnails Weekend on the Bibbulmun Track-campsite.jpg  
Old Nov 7th 2004, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Weekend on the Bibbulmun Track

Nice pic renth!

Was going to add that I ahd no idea where the bibbulmun track was but then I bothered to click on your thoughtfully provided link

We have now pretty much decided that we are going to Perth so hope to experience it for myself one day.

BTW - More pics please!

Last edited by cadman; Nov 7th 2004 at 11:44 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2004, 1:20 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
The boy and I parked up at the Hils Forest Centre and hiked about 12 kilometers to the Helena Campsite. It was fantastic. My legs still hurt from carrying the pack though.

Looks like a rather scrummy bit of bush! The sort of place where the local birds wake you up in spectacular fashion in the morning. My kind of place!
Old Nov 8th 2004, 3:37 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, what a coincidence!
We were staying at the Mundaring Weir Hotel Sat night (anniversary ), and walked to the weir, and the other way to Hills Forest.
Was thinking of you as you were saying your were doing part of the track soon! Saw 2 bobtails, which Pascal thought was great!

Finally saw what the name was of that new track I've talked about, which is more for mountain bikes: Munda Biddi
It's in that area too and goes south, but a bit more inland than the Bibbulmun.

So, did the flies drive you crazy? Or were you prepared? Once we used a little branch to wave in front of us, we were alright compared to waving arms in front of us!
Then, unfortunetly, at night the mozzies kept us awake from 4am(IN the room!) Still was good though. I love the hills. Next time will be camping!
Old Nov 8th 2004, 4:47 am
owieb

Nice one Renth.

We've gone mountain biking around there quite a few times and it's great. We've always headed North from Hills Forest and done the loop that goes up to Mundaring then comes back down the other side.

Keep saying we are going to try and do some more of the track, but have yet to make it!

Old Nov 8th 2004, 6:00 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
So, did the flies drive you crazy?
I try not to get stressed about the flies, it's a sign of settling in. However there must have been 1000 on my rucksack, which was fine. Untill I put the rucksack down and they all swarmed all over us.
Old Nov 8th 2004, 6:36 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I try not to get stressed about the flies, it's a sign of settling in. However there must have been 1000 on my rucksack, which was fine. Untill I put the rucksack down and they all swarmed all over us.
Yeah, I just take them as a part of life here. Arms, legs, t-shirt all fine. Eyes, mouth , nose, ears not!
Pascal's still getting used to them! he he
He should be very glad there's none(hardly) around our house! Yet....