A week in ....

Old May 19th 2005, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Talking A week in ....

Well we have been in Tassie just over a week now and thought I would jot done some of my first impressions for you all still waiting:

Tassie DOES have nice weather- It has been blue skies since we got here- it is cold in the mornings before the sun comes out but once it does, you can easily sit outside sipping wine overlooking the harbour.

Tassie is NOT backward- Hobart is one of the most cosmopolitan cities I have been to- it is full of little wine bars and cafes and restaurants over looking the beautiful harbour.

The people are really friendly- so much so that a normal pop to the bank/shop/cafe can result in many hours of chat ( not always a good thing when you have lots to do !)

The prices for furniture/electronics are very reasonable compared to the UK.- We almost wish we hadn't shipped our stuff now as we have seen so much stuff here that we would like to buy !

Food is cheaper than the UK but not by much- beef and lamb is a lot cheaper-The variety in the supermarkets is BETTER than where we used to live- I was really surprised by the variety of stuff.

Eating out is really cheap and BYO makes it even cheaper if you like a tipple !!

New cars are very cheap- we have just bought a new Hyundai Getz for $14883.00

Can't think of anything else at present but no doubt will have lots more stuff soon .. Oh and by the way- WE LOVE IT HERE !!!!!

Nat
Old May 19th 2005, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A week in ....

Originally Posted by natty
Well we have been in Tassie just over a week now and thought I would jot done some of my first impressions for you all still waiting:

Tassie DOES have nice weather- It has been blue skies since we got here- it is cold in the mornings before the sun comes out but once it does, you can easily sit outside sipping wine overlooking the harbour.

Tassie is NOT backward- Hobart is one of the most cosmopolitan cities I have been to- it is full of little wine bars and cafes and restaurants over looking the beautiful harbour.

The people are really friendly- so much so that a normal pop to the bank/shop/cafe can result in many hours of chat ( not always a good thing when you have lots to do !)

The prices for furniture/electronics are very reasonable compared to the UK.- We almost wish we hadn't shipped our stuff now as we have seen so much stuff here that we would like to buy !

Food is cheaper than the UK but not by much- beef and lamb is a lot cheaper-The variety in the supermarkets is BETTER than where we used to live- I was really surprised by the variety of stuff.

Eating out is really cheap and BYO makes it even cheaper if you like a tipple !!

Can't think of anything else at present but no doubt will have lots more stuff soon .. Oh and by the way- WE LOVE IT HERE !!!!!

Nat
Cheap compared to UK or cheap compared to Tasmanian wages?
Old May 25th 2005, 3:10 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Nat
Hi Nat

Just found your thread.

So glad you are enjoying it. Cant wait to get there. Good news about the furniture will definately wait and buy my new suite there.

Kay
Old May 25th 2005, 3:17 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Nat
Hi, Glad you are enjoying it. How is the weather? Wishing you lots of luck
Julie
Old May 25th 2005, 3:35 pm
aussie73

Tasmania, the most scenic state in OZ. The cleanest air in the world, little pollution, Beautiful green countryside, great rivers and forests,snowcapped mountains, spectacular ruggard coastline. Lucky it is hidden at the end of the world otherwise it would be ruined.

Old May 25th 2005, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Glad to hear you are so happy. Long may it continue
Tracey
Old May 25th 2005, 4:48 pm
hch
Forum Regular

hch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: A week in ....

Nat

hi natty,

i`m glad all is going well we have just put our house on the market as soon as it sells we are coming straight over,cant wait,

harry.
Old May 25th 2005, 6:08 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Cheap compared to UK or cheap compared to Tasmanian wages?
Interesting question, though not detracting from your positive thread. It is nice to hear you are settling well

I am wondering how the work situation is over there? I have had the impression that it is difficult to find and survive?

Your thoughts and experiences would be good on that side of things.

Best wishes
M

Old May 26th 2005, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Merlot
Interesting question, though not detracting from your positive thread. It is nice to hear you are settling well

I am wondering how the work situation is over there? I have had the impression that it is difficult to find and survive?

Your thoughts and experiences would be good on that side of things.

Best wishes
M
Hi Merlot

Hope Natty replies soon, but I saw on her previous thread that her husband had 2 interviews lined up ?? if he got the job.

The webbs have arrived in Tas and he has found a job.

As for us a couple of construction companies have been in touch via the government re working for them, and we have been assured that there is plenty of work for colin (carpenter & joiner).

One thing I have noticed though since we started this process, is the house prices in Tas have really shot up dramatically.

Kay
Old May 26th 2005, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear your first impressions of Tassie are positive ones, hope it continues for you.
Old May 26th 2005, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Nat
Welcome to Australia. May your life here be long, happy and healthy.
Old May 26th 2005, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi Merlot

Hope Natty replies soon, but I saw on her previous thread that her husband had 2 interviews lined up ?? if he got the job.

The webbs have arrived in Tas and he has found a job.

As for us a couple of construction companies have been in touch via the government re working for them, and we have been assured that there is plenty of work for colin (carpenter & joiner).

One thing I have noticed though since we started this process, is the house prices in Tas have really shot up dramatically.

Kay
Hi Kay

Your spot on about the rising house prices. A mate of mine lives in Hobart and bought his house back in 2000 for $100,000, he had it valued a few weeks ago and now its worth $400,000!!!

He wished he had bought three!

I bet you can't wait to get there now. I saw a clip on the BBC news this morning on Tazzy and the hope of finding a Tasmania Tiger. The chap flew over some of the Western side of the island and it looks incredible. When we get back there next year we are going to tour the whole state extensively. Thats one of the bonus's with Tasmania, its small enough to get round pretty quickly.

Cheers

Van
Old May 26th 2005, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Glad to hear your all happy, and hope it continues.xx
Old May 27th 2005, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

I thought all Tasmainians had 2 heads - well thats what all my QLD neighbours tell me
Old May 27th 2005, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by vandiemen
Hi Kay

Your spot on about the rising house prices. A mate of mine lives in Hobart and bought his house back in 2000 for $100,000, he had it valued a few weeks ago and now its worth $400,000!!!

He wished he had bought three!

I bet you can't wait to get there now. I saw a clip on the BBC news this morning on Tazzy and the hope of finding a Tasmania Tiger. The chap flew over some of the Western side of the island and it looks incredible. When we get back there next year we are going to tour the whole state extensively. Thats one of the bonus's with Tasmania, its small enough to get round pretty quickly.

Cheers

Van
Hi Van

Jeez a bet he wishes he'd bought 3!! A local pub landlord was telling us that a lot of people from Sydney were buying properties as holiday homes and thats why the prices shot up.

Didnt see the BBC article but I know there is a 1 million dollar reward for anyone spotting and getting proof photo etc of the Tassie Tiger, so keep your eyes peeled.

Your right very easy to get around we were there for 2 weeks and saw about half of it so you'll easy do it in a month, about a quarter of it is wilderness (western side) great if you like hiking.

It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen, cant believe we are going to live there.

Kay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.