website maps ?

Old Feb 24th 2005, 2:09 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all
Default website maps ?

Does anyone have any good links to web based maps of Queensland ??

I need to hire a car for my reccy, but some hire companies set a daily distance threshold. This is proving a pain, because I have no idea of the distances involved in my search through the Suburbs and up the coast.....

Cheers..

JC
Old Feb 24th 2005, 2:26 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Default Re: website maps ?

Originally Posted by jc_hoops

I need to hire a car for my reccy, but some hire companies set a daily distance threshold. This is proving a pain, because I have no idea of the distances involved in my search through the Suburbs and up the coast.....

Cheers..

JC
http://www.multimap.com.au
or
http://www.whereis.com.au
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Cheers..

JC
This ones pretty good http://www.mainroads.qld.gov.au/MRWEB/prod/CONTENT.NSF/0/ac4591f27341ee2f4a256be50005875e/$FILE/SNfront_High.pdf
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.maps.google.com/

It's pretty good....

http://www.embassyworld.com/ That has a link near the bottom for maps which isn't bad either...
Old Feb 25th 2005, 3:10 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers..

JC

I'd avoid the limited kms if I were you. These are typically limited to 100kms a day, which isn't very far if you're looking around, I can do that in a weekend without going anywhere. Typically you will be charged about25c/km above that limit and your charges will rack up quickly. If you stick with a big name (thrifty, Budget, Hertz, Europcar), the daily hire cost may be higher but you'll have unlimited kms - cheaper overall and you know in advance what you're paying.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:00 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

To work out distances try the RACQ Travel Planner which you can get to from their web page - or directly here

Enter your start and end points (if a suburb exists in many states you will be asked to select from a drop down). You end up with directions, a map and distances.

Cheers,

DagBoy