Webhostin

Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:51 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Webhosting

I've had my email adresses hosted by a company in the UK for years but now have to find a replacement and would like one in Australia.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good and reliable provider?

Last edited by SunshineGirl; Nov 27th 2008 at 9:19 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:31 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Webhosting

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
I've had my email adresses hosted by a company in the UK for years but now have to find a replacement and would like one in Australia.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good and reliable provider?
Can you get a gmail address ?

For my multitude of email addresses I use a USA based host, but that is also for hosting my websites.

Are you looking for a free service or a paid service ?

Most ISP providers give a few email addresses, although that becomes a problem if you change ISP.

Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:02 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Can you get a gmail address ?

For my multitude of email addresses I use a USA based host, but that is also for hosting my websites.

Are you looking for a free service or a paid service ?

Most ISP providers give a few email addresses, although that becomes a problem if you change ISP.
I want to keep our existing email addresses as they are for our business and are known to our clients, on our business cards, letterheads etc.

I don't mind paying for a service as long as it's reliable.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:17 pm
Banned

The Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really nice
Default Re: Webhostin

We are a webdesign service in WA.

Unfortunately we have not found a ISP that is reliable (we have tried many)

So to offer clients something we could trust - we had to go to offshore

So we offer hosting from eleven2 and mediatemple (which are US based but have mirrors all over the world) - probably the worlds best.

anyway here is a quick link to the hosting page

and here is an aeriel view of the country town of Dandaragan
- 2 hours north of Perth. (for anyone interested)
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:19 pm
ABCDiamond

I pay US$ 95 per year, but that gives me :
Unlimited Hosting of multiple websites
Unlimited Disk Storage
2,500 email addresses
100 MySQL Databases

I have been with mine for over 4 years, and have been pretty happy with their service.

I haven't bothered looking around for anything cheaper, which I normally do if something isn't just right.

Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:30 pm
ABCDiamond

I want to keep our existing email addresses as they are for our business and are known to our clients, on our business cards, letterheads etc.

Just thinking about it, even after moving here, I kept my UK based web provider for over two years before I changed over. They also stopped charging VAT, as I was now an overseas customer.

Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:42 pm
Confused member

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I pay US$ 95 per year, but that gives me :
Unlimited Hosting of multiple websites
Unlimited Disk Storage
2,500 email addresses
100 MySQL Databases

I have been with mine for over 4 years, and have been pretty happy with their service.

I haven't bothered looking around for anything cheaper, which I normally do if something isn't just right.

That sounds interesting, any chance you could send me their details? PM if you prefer.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:47 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

With email addresses, the owner of the domain part (the bit after the @ sign) has control. So if your email address is [email protected], then you have to keep your hotmail.com account open. If you're lucky, you'll be able to arrange email forwarding to your "real" email address.

One approach is to own your own domain. I do that, and email to [email protected] is forwarded to my GMail account. That way I can change email provider whenever I need to, and my email address stays the same.

Cheers
b

(incidentally, my email address is, of course, not [email protected])
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:49 pm
Confused member

Originally Posted by benlast
With email addresses, the owner of the domain part (the bit after the @ sign) has control. So if your email address is [email protected], then you have to keep your hotmail.com account open. If you're lucky, you'll be able to arrange email forwarding to your "real" email address.

One approach is to own your own domain. I do that, and email to [email protected] is forwarded to my GMail account. That way I can change email provider whenever I need to, and my email address stays the same.

Cheers
b

(incidentally, my email address is, of course, not [email protected])

I do own the domain name, it's the name of our business.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:07 pm
Confused member

Originally Posted by The Outback Monkeys
We are a webdesign service in WA.

Unfortunately we have not found a ISP that is reliable (we have tried many)

So to offer clients something we could trust - we had to go to offshore

So we offer hosting from eleven2 and mediatemple (which are US based but have mirrors all over the world) - probably the worlds best.

anyway here is a quick link to the hosting page

and here is an aeriel view of the country town of Dandaragan
- 2 hours north of Perth. (for anyone interested)
Are you the 'Head Honcho'? If so, am about to send you an enquiry.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:47 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

I used to do hosting in the UK, but now I can't be bothered with the hassle.

Our servers were with http://www.rochenhost.com/ who are a small scottish company with a team of global experts, and who believe in service. They're not the cheapest but for a commerical site they are very good.

They have an open testimonials site, and never delete any comments http://forums.rochen.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

They are the home host for Joomla CMS team.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 12:27 am
Banned

The Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really niceThe Outback Monkeys is just really nice

Are you the 'Head Honcho'? If so, am about to send you an enquiry.
OK -

We are not a hosting company as such - but we provide hosting that we can trust to our clients.

We don`t have 1000s of sites hosted so happy to keep keep personal.

Yep head honcho of 2!!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 12:31 am
Confused member

Originally Posted by The Outback Monkeys
OK -

We are not a hosting company as such - but we provide hosting that we can trust to our clients.

We don`t have 1000s of sites hosted so happy to keep keep personal.

Yep head honcho of 2!!
Sent you an email.