Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Web sites for downloading UK TV?

Web sites for downloading UK TV?

Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Web sites for downloading UK TV?

Originally Posted by northernbird
Don't be so insulting. Most people have a life and like to watch TV of an evening (when its dark you twit!)

It gets dark in Australia next you'll be telling me they have winter here too
Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
It gets dark in Australia next you'll be telling me they have winter here too
and it rains (well it doesn in Melbourne!)
Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

and it rains (well it doesn in Melbourne!)

Rain!!!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 10:03 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

does mummy not let you outside when it is dark!

Don't be so insulting. Most people have a life and like to watch TV of an evening (when its dark you twit!)
there are plenty of things to do when it is dark, have you tried reading a book, gone for a walk, met your friends for a drink (alcoholic or not.)

oh, and by the way. you started the insults by calling me the a twit. i was just stating that tv is crap in both australia and england, and there are better things to do!

Last edited by brisnick; Nov 4th 2007 at 10:06 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by brisnick

there are plenty of things to do when it is dark, have you tried reading a book, gone for a walk, met your friends for a drink (alcoholic or not.)

So you suggest that we should keep our kids up late and trail them round the streets then. Wouldn't they be a bit tired for school the next day?.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 10:12 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

oh, and by the way. you started the insults by calling me the a twit. i was just stating that tv is crap in both australia and england, and there are better things to do!
I read books too, don't go the pub as I have young kids and no babysitters. During the week when people have to be in bed early for school and work we sit and watch TV. You told people to go get a life. To some watching TV is part of life, even if it isn't part of yours. My husband and I sat and watched TV from about 9 last night all downloaded from the UK, after we had spent the day doing other things.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 10:24 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

I read books too, don't go the pub as I have
I didn't just mean the pub. I meant either go to friends places, or have them around, for instance. It is nice and relaxing sitting on the deck having a chat with friends.

And rather than insult me, you could have just said that some people have kids and it is not practical. As someone without kids, I sometimes forget about those practicalities.

I hate TV at the best of times, but it just seems weird to me that people move to new countries, but cannot let go of the old one.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 10:27 pm
Gutter Gob!!

I didn't just mean the pub. I meant either go to friends places, or have them around, for instance. It is nice and relaxing sitting on the deck having a chat with friends.

And rather than insult me, you could have just said that some people have kids and it is not practical. As someone without kids, I sometimes forget about those practicalities.

I hate TV at the best of times, but it just seems weird to me that people move to new countries, but cannot let go of the old one.
we do that on a weekend but on a week night it isn't practical. Watching TV from 'home' helps keep a lot of people happy and settled. You may find that rather sad but it does help some people.

I apologise for the twit comment but I found the 'get a life' line quite insulting.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

we do that on a weekend but on a week night it isn't practical. Watching TV from 'home' helps keep a lot of people happy and settled. You may find that rather sad but it does help some people.
I agree...my wife was just starting to miss a few things. Seeing her happily watching Corrie and UK X-Factor is great.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

oldhampom is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't got any friends, we only arrived last Sunday
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:50 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aus2be
Try this site and look for a UK proxy server:

http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html

Then in Internet Explorer go to Tool>Internet Option>Connections>Lan Settings and enter the IP address and port number and this may do the trick for you.

HTH
Darren
Do what trick exactly?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Just because you hate TV that doesn't mean that everyone does. We enjoy downloading the UK TV programs and watching them at night time. Certainly doesn't mean we don't have a life as we go out loads at the weekend
Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Forest tim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aus2be
Try this site and look for a UK proxy server:

http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html

Then in Internet Explorer go to Tool>Internet Option>Connections>Lan Settings and enter the IP address and port number and this may do the trick for you.

HTH
Darren
Has anyone tried this?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
Do what trick exactly?
The "Trick" being able to download shows from the 4OnDemand and BBC service, from Australia. This should fool the relevant sites into believing that the person signing up is in the UK when they are in fact in Australia.

I have tried this on a US site and it worked for me.

Maybe someone in Oz could try it and let us know how they get on?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

Andy_Roo is an unknown quantity at this point

Um, pardon me for saying, but if you "hate TV at the best of times" why are you replying on a post about downloading UK TV? And no, I'm being insulting, just ironic.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.