Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Web sites for downloading UK TV?

Web sites for downloading UK TV?

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice
Default Re: Web sites for downloading UK TV?

i have read threads about torrents/uknova etcetc..........have you guys not discovered newsgroups yet?? ive been using them for years,always max`s out your connection and you can get anything you want .you need to be a little bit techie to sort it in the 1st place but its not that hard to set up........anybody want any pointers,google it 1st and then let me know and i`ll only be to happy to help you out on them
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:11 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
easier to get a good broadband connection and download. Get a DIVX compatible DVD player and play them on the TV. Works for me. I got bollocked this month as I went over my 60GB limit for the first time and have been shaped to a shitty speed for a week!
You should be able to call your provider and get them to increase your plan for the remainder of the month (for a fee). You then just call them on the first day of the next month and they put it back down again. It's better than being throttled. We had to do that last month.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi,

You could try the service from channel 4, called In Demand. Click here

or the new iPlayer from BBC. Click here

Both are legal download services provided by the respective providers.

HTH
Darren
errr, neither work in Australia due to licencing issues
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 1:51 am
Just Joined

Forest tim is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes neither these work in Australia. Somebody said that you can change the position of your thingwymajig to make it appear to the bbc/C4 that you ar ein the uk. Any ideas how i would do this
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Andy_Roo
turkish urrgh (I kid you not!) or even bytorr might be of some use?
Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

oldhampom is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you do, UK Nova is the same. Quite happy to send an invite if you need one.
Ayup Northern Bird.

Don't suppose there's any chance you'd mind sending a fellow northerner an invite would you....

Arrived in Sydney last Sunday, feel completely out of our depth at the moment, looking for a rental property, schools for the kids etc
A bit of UK TV would go a long way toward keeping us sane.

Cheers

David
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldhampom
Ayup Northern Bird.

Don't suppose there's any chance you'd mind sending a fellow northerner an invite would you....

Arrived in Sydney last Sunday, feel completely out of our depth at the moment, looking for a rental property, schools for the kids etc

Cheers

David
r u a latics fan?
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there
Good to here from a fellow oldhamer far from home.
Not a Latics fan, although my father in law is, not doing too well this season are they?
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 11:17 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldhampom
Ayup Northern Bird.

Cheers

David
As my FIL is a Chadderton boy born and bred I will happily send one, PM you email address to me and I will happily help.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

As my FIL is a Chadderton boy born and bred I will happily send one, PM you email address to me and I will happily help.
PM sent
Ta very much, FIL a chaddy boy, seems to be a few oldhamers (or ex oldhamers on here...don't know what that tells me )
Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
WWW.THEBOX.BZ

I managed to get a 'membership' on Tuesday after several attempts with it coming back 'sorry already at max users'

You wont believe how seeing Coronation Street and X-Factor has brightend up my wife...I think she was just starting to miss a few things.
i tried to get this but says following:

We have reached our maximum open signup limit (45,000). We now require an invite to join. Please try to get one from the IRC channel (#thebox.bz) or preferably from a friend
Old Nov 4th 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
errr, neither work in Australia due to licencing issues
Didn't know that.
What you then need to do is use a proxy server, which basically sits between your PC (in Oz) and uses an IP address which makes you look as though you are in the UK.
Been a while since I done anything like that myself. Maybe someone else on here can give and straightforward explanation of how to do this?

Regards,
Darren
Old Nov 4th 2007, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Try this site and look for a UK proxy server:

http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html

Then in Internet Explorer go to Tool>Internet Option>Connections>Lan Settings and enter the IP address and port number and this may do the trick for you.

HTH
Darren
Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:30 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

why don't you just ditch watching tv, and get a life!

what is the point of moving all the way across the planet to sit inside watching the tripe that both countries serve up as 'entertainment'.

get into the outside world instead rather than being stuck inside.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:33 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisnick
why don't you just ditch watching tv, and get a life!

what is the point of moving all the way across the planet to sit inside watching the tripe that both countries serve up as 'entertainment'.

get into the outside world instead rather than being stuck inside.
Don't be so insulting. Most people have a life and like to watch TV of an evening (when its dark you twit!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.