Reload this Page >

Web site and house move pics

Web site and house move pics

Old Oct 27th 2003, 8:51 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Web site and house move pics

Hi Guys,

We thought it would be a nice idea to have a web site that family and friends can view to see how we are getting along with our move to Oz (at the moment we still don't have the Visa but fingers crossed it will arrive early next year).

If anyone is interested to see how our belongings were packed by PSS, please go to the gallery and view the "house move" pics. It will give you an idea of just how well things can be wrapped!

Oh yes the web site is www.ozdiary.com
Old Oct 27th 2003, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant website, the photos are great. Looking forward to more updates from you both.

footie chick
Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

great idea clare look forward to reading your diary (very intrusive i know)

arlene
Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:42 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Web site and house move pics

Originally posted by ohsohopeful
Hi Guys,

We thought it would be a nice idea to have a web site that family and friends can view to see how we are getting along with our move to Oz (at the moment we still don't have the Visa but fingers crossed it will arrive early next year).

If anyone is interested to see how our belongings were packed by PSS, please go to the gallery and view the "house move" pics. It will give you an idea of just how well things can be wrapped!

Hi ohsohopefuls

This is exactly what we plan to do when we get jobs/right equipment. Good luck with it all.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 12:10 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing
Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi Guys,

Oh that is a great idea. It saves sending loads of update emails.

debs
Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:24 pm
tennisoz

Hi Guys,

Great idea, congratulations. You might get a big corporation offering you megabucks for ozdiary.com (I was surprised it wasn't already taken).

When looking at UK and Qld time I remembered that (as a Victorian) we used to say that Queensland time is 20 years behind Queensland is much changed since the Joh-Bjelke Peterson days though.

Good luck to both of you with your move.

TennisOz

Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hi Guys,

I got on to the website but I can't find the gallery or any other section to it-help!
Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:46 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Hi Guys,

Hi ohsohopeful
GREAT!!! What a really nice web site. I too purchased a web site name today so all our family and frinds can see us. I thought your pictures were very good too. Very interesting, thanks.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:57 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for your kind replies. We'll try to keep updating it to keep it fresh and interesting.

Tina - link to the gallery is at the top of the page under the Oz Diary title - a text link called "gallery"

Thanks again all

Clare
Old Oct 27th 2003, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point

Great site, its good to see some of the places we hope to visit in the next fewmonths.
Got 2 questions though...

where can you buy these web site addresses from? I've seen some during hours of trawling through the internet but can't remember the names of the sites.

Does anyone have any recommendations for digital cameras as we're going to treat ourselves to a new one either before we go, in Singapore or out in Australia oh and where would be the best place to buy it with regards to taxes, duty free etc ( I've heard over the last few days that Singapore isn't that cheap any more)
Cheers

The Foggies
Old Oct 27th 2003, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

The site is now listed on Moving Down Under - Experiences with the permission of Lee & Clare.

Other diary / experience websites are also listed and if you have a site let me know and I will list it.

For domain names I have found www.easily.co.uk to be one of the best, I buy all mine through them, they will hold it and will remind you of renewals etc. Also they will do DNS stuff, basically means they look after your domain and will point it at any server you tell them to, which is beneficial to your hosting company holding the domain.

For hosting I use www.pulsefact.com very cheap and reliable and most important support is second to none.

Thats it for me. Back to letting Donna hog the computer.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,

What a great idea, we did this for our impending wedding, will have a peek at yours in a mo!!!
best wishes with the rest of your move!
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Oct 27th 2003, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Foggies

Originally posted by Foggies
Great site, its good to see some of the places we hope to visit in the next fewmonths.
Got 2 questions though...

where can you buy these web site addresses from? I've seen some during hours of trawling through the internet but can't remember the names of the sites.

Does anyone have any recommendations for digital cameras as we're going to treat ourselves to a new one either before we go, in Singapore or out in Australia oh and where would be the best place to buy it with regards to taxes, duty free etc ( I've heard over the last few days that Singapore isn't that cheap any more)
Cheers

The Foggies
Hi foggies,
regarding the digital camera, hubby got me a Fujifilme A204 for my birthday, after chatting to a fair few people in different shops, i was advised that this one was the best (for the price) for the job i wanted it for, taking photos, being able to print them and the ability to email them quickly and easily!
it does also have mini movie on it but not any sound!
still it was a bargain at £180ish!
hope this helps
rach
Old Oct 27th 2003, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Guys,

Hi ohsohopeful
great site, really enjoyed every aspect of it, whereabouts in Poole are you? seem to think its Broadstone somewhere, looks very posh!
best wishes for your new lives
rach, mark and chanelle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.