Web Cam

Old Jan 17th 2004, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

jasonK944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Web Cam

Anybody set up a video web cam link between Aus and the UK? Does it give a good clear images and sound?
Old Jan 17th 2004, 9:16 pm
qet
Just Joined

qet is an unknown quantity at this point

i've been testing mine here in the uk and all seems fine, from what i've heard, its also fine between Aus and uk.
better with broadband though.

sean
Old Jan 17th 2004, 9:24 pm
qet
Just Joined

Originally posted by qet
i've been testing mine here in the uk and all seems fine, from what i've heard, its also fine between Aus and uk.

sean

sorry that answer was rather vauge.
it depends on the quality of camera and the type of internet connection.
with broadband and a good camera you should have good clear sounds and images, just like TV.(apparently)
with a normal telephone line it will have a lumpy picture, and sound may break up.

sean
Old Jan 17th 2004, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by qet

sean
What is the best web cam to buy as i want to set one up for my mum before we go! how much are we looking at? Any tips would be handy
cheers in advance
rach
Old Jan 17th 2004, 9:33 pm
qet
Just Joined

Originally posted by nosuchluck
What is the best web cam to buy as i want to set one up for my mum before we go! how much are we looking at? Any tips would be handy
cheers in advance
rach
i'm using a digital camera, a polariod pdc 3035, this can double as a web cam, and my test partners have said that picure quality is very good.
it cost me about £100 from Argos.
normal web cams are cheaper, someone else may know which is the best to go for.

sean
Old Jan 17th 2004, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by qet
i'm using a digital camera, a polariod pdc 3035, this can double as a web cam, and my test partners have said that picure quality is very good.
it cost me about £100 from Argos.
normal web cams are cheaper, someone else may know which is the best to go for.

sean
Thanks Sean
i have a digital camera which i've only used as a camera to take stills, i will have a look at the manual tomorrow!
with regards
rach
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Web Cam

Originally posted by jasonK944
Anybody set up a video web cam link between Aus and the UK? Does it give a good clear images and sound?
Hi, i am not too good at pc technology terms but I am in Oz and my mates in uk , we both use logiteck and the old style net meeting, she has to type my IP address and ring me direct, it works great, very clear pic, sometimes the sound isnt too good, but u can type, msn latest has a webcam feature but for some reason my system dont support it even though we are both on windows xp..hope this helps........jan
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Don't quote me on this but I have heard that Firewire ones are good cos the transfer rate of firewire is much higher than say USB.
Might be worth looking into.