Weather wimps.

Old Jul 17th 2003, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Weather wimps.

Three emails this week from Friends in the UK, all having a moan about how hot it is over there.

What I dont get is why does anyone think 28 or 30 degrees is boiling.

Why is 26 classed as a heatwave.

Why moan about a bit of what to us over here would be a really mild summer day??? I thought they wanted sun.

Heatwave in Brisbane is weeks of somewhere around 40.

Heatwave in Sydney is when your house is pumping out flames.

Whats a heatwave in Perth? Plenty of days there up around 38 last summer.

Adelaide and Melb both get 40's in summer.

And they are the Livable bits of OZ.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

Yep sure grateful I'm not going to Oz. Couldn't stomache the heat for long periods. Probably die in an earthquake in New Zealand.

Roger
Old Jul 17th 2003, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default Re: Weather wimps.

I know what you mean Dotus! Spoke to my mum yesterday and she sould hardly get a word out for all her puffin' n' panting. She couldn't sleep properly, no appetite, whinge whinge. Personally, I can't wait for it to warm up here.

Diane
Old Jul 17th 2003, 4:27 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
I know what you mean Dotus! Spoke to my mum yesterday and she sould hardly get a word out for all her puffin' n' panting. She couldn't sleep properly, no appetite, whinge whinge. Personally, I can't wait for it to warm up here.

Diane
The cool nights here right now not suit you then ,the heat arrives back in November .
Living near the coast the heat in Perth feels cool until it reaches over 32c then its a pain in bum trying to keep cool , I do like whats called here barmy night's but thats only months of Jan and Feb.

Old Jul 17th 2003, 4:32 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
its a pain in the bum
bad sunburn???...cover up bum crack.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 4:34 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
bad sunburn???...cover up bum crack.
Sure you do not live in Sydney . loads of bum watchers do?

Old Jul 17th 2003, 4:42 am
Not here

Sure you do not live in Sydney . loads of bum watchers do?

You're the one with ya crack hangin' out...now pull your shorts up...stop showing your undies...you're a disgrace.

(narrator: "it's the latest craze amoungst the hip and trendy to have pants that drop off the hips and reveal the top of their undies. That is not the case here"!!!)
Attached Thumbnails Weather wimps.-union_boxers.jpg  

Last edited by Florida_03; Jul 17th 2003 at 4:53 am.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 4:48 am
Banned

You're the one with ya crack hangin' out...now pull your shorts up...stop showing your undies...you're a disgrace.

(narrator: "it's the latest craze amoungst the hip and trendy to have pants that drop off the hips and reveal the top of their undies. That is not the case here"!!!)
You Gay lads are fine but I am not into your lifestyle , so pictures like this are fine for the Gals but not my thing, plus the guys had an implant mines nowhere near that size.

Old Jul 17th 2003, 4:51 am
Not here

You Gay lads are fine but I am not into your lifestyle , so pictures like this are fine for the Gals but not my thing, plus the guys had an implant mines nowhere near that size.

Yes always been a happy lad. Have noticed your complete lack of participation in happiness, so your comment is not unexpected and somewhat redundant.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 4:53 am
Banned

Yes always been a happy lad. Have noticed your complete lack of participation in happiness, so your comment is not unexpected and somewhat redundant.
Well hope you find a nice lad to share your bed , sorry I cannot help.

Old Jul 17th 2003, 4:56 am
Not here

Well hope you find a nice lad to share your bed , sorry I cannot help.

You're fixated...therapy may help...
Old Jul 17th 2003, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by DianeOZ

Diane
My mum rang today, said it was so hot last week she found my uncle ( hes 97) ironing his pyjamas, asked him why he replied, " "Well it gets the sweat out".

Honestly relatives do nothing for my class cred.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 7:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The Poms are wimps when it comes to the weather, moaning about the heat when it hits 22c. On the north Zululand coast where I have a house it can hit 46c with 100% humidity !, now that is hot. Saying that, on Tuesday here in Surrey it was 33c, I was building a deck in the garden & was sweating like a pig !. It's pouring down this morning, though not cold, sunshine is due back tomorrow.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 7:20 am
Banned

Originally posted by Amazulu
The Poms are wimps when it comes to the weather, moaning about the heat when it hits 22c. On the north Zululand coast where I have a house it can hit 46c with 100% humidity !, now that is hot. Saying that, on Tuesday here in Surrey it was 33c, I was building a deck in the garden & was sweating like a pig !. It's pouring down this morning, though not cold, sunshine is due back tomorrow.

Poms bring that with them to Australia what ever the weather its never the right weather , the hoards that come off the boat are expecting 25c all day everday of the year .
The weather is a poor excuse for not having a life , as a kid we played in all weathers outside in the Parks and streets and my parents had holiday weekends away all the year round with us kids loving the outings .
Now its lets not do anything the weather not just right , go and play on your gameboy.

Old Jul 17th 2003, 7:56 am
Badge

27 28 29 etc feels not very hot in Australia and you DO aclimatise.

Thats why people have a whinge over here - they haven't aclimatised and its more humid.

badgers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.