Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weather on the Sunshine Coast-advice please

Weather on the Sunshine Coast-advice please

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Weather on the Sunshine Coast-advice please

I would like to ask a question and would appreciate if I did not get replies like, go back to Perth, go back to England etc !

I want to know if the weather we are having on the sunshine coast is normal for this time of year ? Does it normally rain this much (please don't send responses, "we need the rain", I know we do !), is it normally this grey ? Or is it the effects of the cyclone/low ?

I want to know if this is a freak year or if this is what this time of year is normally like and all the research we did was wrong !

Please answer if you have been here for a couple of seasons !!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:06 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather on the Sunshine Coast-advice please

It's not the norm...all due to the cyclone..blue skies will be back soon

ps dont go back to Perth...Queenslanders know how crap it is...
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melaniee
I would like to ask a question and would appreciate if I did not get replies like, go back to Perth, go back to England etc !

I want to know if the weather we are having on the sunshine coast is normal for this time of year ? Does it normally rain this much (please don't send responses, "we need the rain", I know we do !), is it normally this grey ? Or is it the effects of the cyclone/low ?

I want to know if this is a freak year or if this is what this time of year is normally like and all the research we did was wrong !

There are two main weather systems which affect Queensland - El Nino and La Nina. To sum up the effects of both - El Nino has been affecting us for the last few years - very dry weather, little rain, fewer cyclones/lows. La Nina has now kicked in, breaking the drought, and will probably be with us for the next couple of years. I won't be like this all the time, but certainly there should be more wild weather, and more welcome rain, than in the last 2-3 years.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:57 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melaniee

hi Mel

been here 2 seasons so can comment - as prev poster says yes it can be like this due to weather patterns, but however bad it may seem just now the best thing is it will all clear to reveal the most beautiful place ...
Attached Thumbnails Weather on the Sunshine Coast-advice please-caloundra-boardwalk-sunrise.jpg   Weather on the Sunshine Coast-advice please-caloundra-boardwalk.jpg   Weather on the Sunshine Coast-advice please-caloundra.jpg  
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Thanks Pollyanna. I was wondering what La Nina was the other day-thought people were getting confused with El Nino. All clear now !

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There are two main weather systems which affect Queensland - El Nino and La Nina. To sum up the effects of both - El Nino has been affecting us for the last few years - very dry weather, little rain, fewer cyclones/lows. La Nina has now kicked in, breaking the drought, and will probably be with us for the next couple of years. I won't be like this all the time, but certainly there should be more wild weather, and more welcome rain, than in the last 2-3 years.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Are they doctored ?!
I haven't seen the ocean that blue here yet !

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
hi Mel

been here 2 seasons so can comment - as prev poster says yes it can be like this due to weather patterns, but however bad it may seem just now the best thing is it will all clear to reveal the most beautiful place ...
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Am I the only one enjoying this weather???
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:36 am
Just Joined

Gypsy Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

No, its honestly not usually like this - most of us wouldnt still be here if it was!
Yes the sea really is that blue, its usually beautiful and not the horrible grey it is at the moment.
Don't regret your move, you'll see what all the fuss is about soon - we hope
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:36 am
Just Joined

Gypsy Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Um........... Yes, I think you're on your own there
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:37 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
Nope
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:38 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Nope...loving it..it makes a pleasant change,also stops me whinging about how hot it is..
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Nope...loving it..it makes a pleasant change,also stops me whinging about how hot it is..
Yes, I'm bored stiff of ten years complaining I'm too hot
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Trixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really nice

Have to answer this. Been living on the Sunshine Coast for 11 years and Summer is highly overrated here. YES it does rain for weeks on end. The first year or two we lived here it rained constantly and flooded us the second year. Then the weather patterns changed and we were hit with violent storms instead! The fact the weather patterns have returned to semi-tropical rain is actually the way it used to be for years. They don't call it the wet season for nothing. Winter is the dry (and windy) time. Autumn is about the kindest time of the year. Anyone wanting to settle on the coast should prepare themselves for difficult Summer weather. Storms or this kind of rain. Maybe a few humid days in between.. Did I mention the mozzies??
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:41 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

I'm enjoying it too. The garden loves it. I'm hoping there will be lots more this summer, and then autumn will be green and lush going into the dry season.
I baked over Christmas in Adelaide, when the temp hit 41c and the sun beat down, burning me to a frazzle even in the shade with suncream on.

Just heard on the TV that the rain will clear tomorrow, so I'm sure you'll get your wish soon and see some blue sea
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Trixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really nice

I'm hating it. Hubby had only ten days off and it rained the whole time. Worse part? If you admit you hate the rain someone blasts you about the drought and the those poor rich farmers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.