Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

weather in perth

weather in perth

Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

off2ozzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default weather in perth

hi there we are new to the site and are just about to start the long journey of applying for a visa and are thinking of going to perth .we know houses are on the expensive side but believe there are quite well paid jobs as well.one thing we are worried about is how hot does it get in summer .we are thinking of trying to go over in january to see for ourselves and while we are there check out jobs and prices of houses .last but not least does anyone know of a good but reasonable agent to help with the visa process

thanks daz and family
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:54 pm
Banned

ozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really nice
Default Re: weather in perth

Originally Posted by off2ozzy
hi there we are new to the site and are just about to start the long journey of applying for a visa and are thinking of going to perth .we know houses are on the expensive side but believe there are quite well paid jobs as well.one thing we are worried about is how hot does it get in summer .we are thinking of trying to go over in january to see for ourselves and while we are there check out jobs and prices of houses .last but not least does anyone know of a good but reasonable agent to help with the visa process

thanks daz and family
Its gets hot for 3 months of the year, can get very hot in summer up to 43 degrees some days, If you can't stand the heat then don't move into the kitchen. Move to Tassie, 25 degrees is considered a hot summers day over there.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:00 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks daz and family
the west coast of oz has a good climate ,personally i found going to turkey in the middle of july far more unbearble.there is low humidty on the west side making it ok. but remember you are moving to a hotter climate
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:28 am
Banned

ozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really nice

Unless you got a job where you have to work outdoors during summer, like a bricklayer then l would'nt worry about the hot weather during summer, just get a good airconditioning system.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:43 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=off2ozzy;5204204]does anyone know of a good but reasonable agent to help with the visa process QUOTE]

www.iscah.com (In Perth) Excellent help to us and they do ALL the visa for the firm I work for.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=h2oskineil;5205471]
does anyone know of a good but reasonable agent to help with the visa process QUOTE]

www.iscah.com (In Perth) Excellent help to us and they do ALL the visa for the firm I work for.
Spring and Autumn is lovely, winter is bloody cold and wet!!!!
Summer is very hot, quite unbearable if you have no aircon!!
Try Ian harrop or George Lombard, both have very good reputations
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Rob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the rough

thanks daz and family
We emigrated to Oz in August '05 and the one thing I was really concerned about was the heat as I can't normally bear it. We're in Port Kennedy, which probably is a couple of degrees below Perth and the northern suburbs, partly because we're by the sea too. The first summer here wasn't too bad at all - our rental had air con, but we only really needed it a couple of days that summer. Last summer, the temperature hit 42°C a couple of days and was in the high 30's several others, but in all honesty it wasn't nearly as bad as we feared. The heat here is different - much drier with little humidity, which makes it much easier to cope with. And you acclimatise too - we now find 10°C absolutely nithering, and the low to mid 30's comfortably warm. Don't let it put you off - if I can stand it, anyone can!!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:58 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Boils down to do you like hot weather or cold .
Its low humidity most of the time in Perth ,which makes it nice if you do like heat .
I was working outback in 48deg c in jan and yes thats hot , but its good for the soul
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

thanks daz and family
You don't have to use an agent. If you know which visa category to apply under you can get all the info from immi.gov.au Can save you quite a bit of money. If your case is a bit more complex then use the agents.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 1:45 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Once you aclimatise 35° really is ok, it was apparently 25° today and I could have done with a warmer jumper on!
Friday morning I had frost on the car windscreen which is most annoying when I have no wintery items to assist in the car. Roll on summer again! Sitting outside, glass of brecky juice and ice, can't come sooner really. I long to get my thongs back on and my boardies on.
Jenny
Old Aug 19th 2007, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

When you arrive it will take you about 3months for your body to change to the weather, so dont be put off if it hits you bad at first.
A good idea is to come in the winter, I did last winter and was walking round in just a t-shirt while the aussies were in coats, hats and scalfs.

After a few months you will start to feel the change, your body will adjust. For example now its winter and about 18degrees, that would have been fine in the UK but now that I have adjusted this last year 18 feels like its freezing.

So give yourself time to adjust and the weather wont feel anymore extreme than it does in the uk.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

must admit my biggest fear is the extreme heat.....
Old Aug 19th 2007, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eddie007
must admit my biggest fear is the extreme heat.....
Its not that bad really, most places have aircon so you can duck into the pub or shops.
The only day i really suffered was Australia day and that was unbearable.

Di
Old Aug 19th 2007, 9:46 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived in June this year, we stayed with relatives up in the Hills for the first few weeks and I could not believe how cold it was at night. Our first night here I went to bed with a jumper & woolly socks, it`s fine during the day but nights & early mornings can be a wee bit nippy (although it hasn`t been too bad this week) it`s amazing how you take central heating for granted Best buy I`ve made so far has been an oil filled radiator.