Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The weather in Oz/Nz

The weather in Oz/Nz

Old Dec 18th 2003, 8:49 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default The weather in Oz/Nz

Just in case anyone has some spare time on their hands and wants to know more about the climate Down Under (or anywhere else, for that matter), check out the BBC weather Country Guides (and see how wrong they can be).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/c...ml?tt=TT003010
Old Dec 18th 2003, 9:05 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The weather in Oz/Nz

Originally posted by bundy
Just in case anyone has some spare time on their hands and wants to know more about the climate Down Under (or anywhere else, for that matter), check out the BBC weather Country Guides (and see how wrong they can be).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/c...ml?tt=TT003010

For those not familiar with how temps in Australia are presented, the minimum mentioned is the lowest temperature within the day, this (not too suprisingly) is the temperature just before the sun comes up so represents the overnight temperature. the maximum temperature is the avergae highest temperature during daytime, this will normally be between 12 and 3PM. This is a good source for temps etc.

www.bom.gov.au

Click CLIMATE in top bar, then CLIMATE AVERAGES AND EXTREMES then slect your State, then your location, her's the Brisbane one that the BBC appears to have used:

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averag...w_040214.shtml

note the annual average daily sunshine of 7.5 hours (and weep)
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:02 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

mmmmmmm caberra sounds fine to me. High 28 low 13 in the summer, high 11 low -10!!! in the winter.

It hit -5 during the night while i was there in june a few years back, i wasn't expecting that!! On arrival at my friends house, i couldn't understand why there was a thick quilt on my bed and the temperature outside was in the low teens. That night it all became clear! buurrrrrrr....bluddy freezing!
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:06 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
mmmmmmm caberra sounds fine to me. High 28 low 13 in the summer, high 11 low -10!!! in the winter.

It hit -5 during the night while i was there in june a few years back, i wasn't expecting that!! On arrival at my friends house, i couldn't understand why there was a thick quilt on my bed and the temperature outside was in the low teens. That night it all became clear! buurrrrrrr....bluddy freezing!

I know the feeling. I'll never forget the day I woke up whilst in Nundle to discover a layer of frost on the doona (I kid you not) and temps of minus 12. Still, it was 40 degrees in the summer, so who's complaining!