weather in oz

Old Feb 26th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default weather in oz

Can anyone tell me when the sun sets in the summer and the winter. I have been on BBC weather page and it says for the summer it sets at 4:45pm is this true. Just asking because in England in the summer it sets about 9:00pm.

Jordan
Old Feb 26th 2006, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: weather in oz

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Can anyone tell me when the sun sets in the summer and the winter. I have been on BBC weather page and it says for the summer it sets at 4:45pm is this true. Just asking because in England in the summer it sets about 9:00pm.

Jordan
Which part of Australia?
Old Feb 26th 2006, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

oh sorry Brisbane.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:17 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Jordan
Yes - herein a complete listing for you :-

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jacob/risesetbris.html

Remember though the UK summer is our winter etc. Sun sets earlier in the winter but later in the summer as well - just the seasons are reversed.

You get used to not having light into the late evenings but dont even get me started on the lack of daylight saving
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

oh sorry Brisbane.
Mid summer its dark around 7.15 winter around 5 .15. At the mo its late summer and dark around 6.30.

QLD and WA dont have daylight saving, in melb and NSW they do its more like 8.30 in mid summer.

If you go to www.bom.gov.au you can get those sunset times in a more boffin type form

Edit, forgot to add tho, in bris its light at round 4.15 in mid summer, lots of people get up and enjoy the early hours of cooler weather, especially our neighbours 2 year old :scared:

Last edited by jad n rich; Feb 26th 2006 at 7:22 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi thank you. I have 3 kids so I'm used to getting up early and going to bed early. So we will probably fit in quite well in Aus.

Stacey (Jordan watching golf, so answered for him)
Old Feb 26th 2006, 10:03 pm
ABCDiamond

Jordan
The extremes for 2006 are:

Brisbane 2006

The earliest Sunrise 4:45 25-Nov-06 to 08-Dec-06
The latest Sunrise 6:39 26-Jun-06 to 08-Jul-06

The earliest Sunset 17:00 08-Jun-06 to 10-Jun-06
The latest Sunset 18:48 05-Jan-06 to 17-Jan-06

The Longest Brisbane day is in late December with 13hrs 53mins Daylight
The Shortest Brisbane day is late June with 10hrs 24mins Daylight

http://www.britzinoz.com/info/sunrise.htm

Old Feb 26th 2006, 10:19 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point