Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weather it's never what you want?

Weather it's never what you want?

Old Jul 14th 2003, 4:00 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
Here's one of the pic's my friend emailed me a while back- he and his sons fish for tope(shark) every year - in his own backyard (he lives in Penclawdd /Gower) - this isn't off shore (miles out). It's over the flats.... very close in - this one is an average, small sized one - they come bigger. I think this one is of his son's fish ( his son's very first tope pic - that's why he emailed it to me)

Anyway - there are fish out there.
Did a bit of Tope fishing off Tenby , nice way to spend a day.

Old Jul 14th 2003, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ceri
I've never been canal or river fishing in the UK - I've Only been beach/rock/sea fishing there. Ahhh I'm lucky see. I do not come from London or whatever.

Cheers

Ps yes the fishing is better here, more comfortable anyway, plus you can catch a huge fish from the land - something which is a bit harder in the UK, you need to go offshore - Cornwall etc - I'm not disputing this. But you can catch good fish in the UK too - it depends where in the UK you are.- takes longer that's all. And winter you'll freeze your ** off. in the night in the UK.

Try the coat and jumper in the water - you won't drown - I promise you... lol

Anyway - the sea here is actually warmer than the air temp this time of year
I don't come from London either, my profile says it all.
Agreed the water is great once you get in, it's just the transition from air to water that is a shock to the system to start with. Whereas in the UK even in Mid summer the water is cold once you get in and you can generally only think about getting out again.

Sitting on a river bank in the dead of winter trying to con a poor dumb fish to swallow me ook never has appealed to me I'm afraid.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 4:05 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Hang on I've got another pic in my inbox ( I must get round to cleaning up my junk mail one day) - this is a news clipping someone sent me of a 14 ft thresher shark - caught in cornwall (off shore).

I don't know if you can make out the picture - it's not too good. That was caught about two years ago, or was it last year... don't know... either last year or the year before.

P.s --- what a plonker - the pic says 1998 - shows I don't take much notice of my mail.. lol
Attached Thumbnails Weather it's never what you want?-uk-thresher-shark.jpg  
Old Jul 14th 2003, 4:07 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Agreed the water is great once you get in, it's just the transition from air to water that is a shock to the system to start with. Whereas in the UK even in Mid summer the water is cold once you get in and you can generally only think about getting out again.

Sitting on a river bank in the dead of winter trying to con a poor dumb fish to swallow me ook never has appealed to me I'm afraid.

What age are you , only good thing to come out of Loughborough was Seb Coe and he was born in Sheffield.
All them clever buggers at the Uni drive you out?

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 14th 2003 at 4:13 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 4:21 pm
Banned

Says here Loughborough breeds Winners , I must drop the sods a line one slipped through the net.

Loughborough University is a centre of excellence in teaching and learning and we have much to be proud of. Recently published league tables in national newspapers such as The Times and The Financial Times place us among the top 13 universities in the UK, and even higher for some subject areas.

The University has also won an unbeaten 4 Queen's Anniversary Prizes for Higher and Further Education for work with the aeronautical and automotive industries (1994); support for developing countries (1998); for a pioneering role in developing applications of modern optics and laser technologies (2000); and for its world leading role in sports research, education and development (2002).

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/prospectus/achievements/

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 14th 2003 at 4:23 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Says here Loughborough breeds Winners , I must drop the sods a line one slipped through the net.

Sounds about right only problem is I didn't go their. Try Southampton.

Read something here the other day that shocked me to the core, please tell me your NOT from Leics (how could I go on knowing that PB is from the same county as me) shock horror disbelief:scared: :scared: :scared:
It's bad enough he claims to be British.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 4:40 pm
Banned

Sounds about right only problem is I didn't go their. Try Southampton.

Read something here the other day that shocked me to the core, please tell me your NOT from Leics (how could I go on knowing that PB is from the same county as me) shock horror disbelief:scared: :scared: :scared:
It's bad enough he claims to be British.
Mt Bosworth Leics ( not way up west like you) old boy , so Loughborough gave you the Bums rush , must be a good Uni then.

http://www.hinckley-online.co.uk/bosworth.shtml

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 14th 2003 at 4:48 pm.