Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weather it's never what you want?

Weather it's never what you want?

Old Jul 14th 2003, 1:57 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Weather it's never what you want?

This subject does bore me ,but lots of refugee's must be well pissed with the Summer in the UK right now , just when you are hoping it will pour down the bloody Sun show's it face.

London H 27°C/L 17 °C Sunny and very warm

Manchester H 26°C/L 17 °C Sunny and very warm

Newcastle H 25°C/L 17 °C Sunny and warm

Buenos Aires 12°C partly sunny

Cairo 23°C clear

Johannesburg 4°C clear

Madrid 26°C clear

Moscow 16°C partly cloudy

Nairobi 17°C mostly cloudy

New York City 26°C m/clear

Paris 22°C clear

Rio De Janeiro 13°C mostly cloudy

Rome 26°C sunny

Sydney 11°C sunny

Tel Aviv 24°C mostly clear

Tokyo 17°C rain

Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Theirs not much I agree with PB on, but when you get good weather in the UK their is no better place to be. Problem is weather is so unpredictable you cannot rely on good weather even in July and August.

Here they forcast rain showers (mid winter) for Sunday so I ddn't go down the beach. What happens bright sunshine (22C) for most of the day and not a drop of rain in Brisbane.

The number of days (in a year) you get bad weather here corresponds to about the same no of days you get good weather in the UK.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:22 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Theirs not much I agree with PB on, but when you get good weather in the UK their is no better place to be. Problem is weather is so unpredictable you cannot rely on good weather even in July and August.

Here they forcast rain showers (mid winter) for Sunday so I ddn't go down the beach. What happens bright sunshine (22C) for most of the day and not a drop of rain in Brisbane.

The number of days (in a year) you get bad weather here corresponds to about the same no of days you get good weather in the UK.

Weather is never to everyone's taste and the Brit's whinge about it here as much as they did back in the UK , the good people I know in Perth are whinging about the amount of rain we getting are the same crew who whinged about the Summer heat.
For the same weather day after day try Singapore its 31c, 32C . 31C , 32C and humid to boot , bugger the weather it's a poor excuse to up sticks.

Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Weather is never to everyone's taste and the Brit's whinge about it here as much as they did back in the UK , the good people I know in Perth are whinging about the amount of rain we getting are the same crew who whinged about the Summer heat.
For the same weather day after day try Singapore its 31c, 32C . 31C , 32C and humid to boot , bugger the weather it's a poor excuse to up sticks.

Not everyone does, most of the whingers seem to be in Qld and Perth, you don't here many complaints from anywhere else, especially NZ. Must be more robust type going their who find more to do with their time than complain.

Their is also a lot more reasons for comming here than just the weather, but why should I waste my time, if you haven't discovered them yet after 9 years you never will.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:16 am
Banned

Not everyone does, most of the whingers seem to be in Qld and Perth, you don't here many complaints from anywhere else, especially NZ. Must be more robust type going their who find more to do with their time than complain.

Their is also a lot more reasons for comming here than just the weather, but why should I waste my time, if you haven't discovered them yet after 9 years you never will.

Not so love keeping the unemployable through high taxes , the weather right now is wet ( hammering down) and windy but does that make Perth less liveable or more.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 14th 2003 at 3:23 am.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 6:15 am
Banned

Looking at this it could be a poor reason to return , the worlds gone upside down ?

Britain is expected to enjoy its hottest temperatures of the year so far during the next few days as the country basks in a heatwave.

Central and southern England will see temperatures as high as 32C (90F) by tomorrow, putting even the Greek islands in the shade. The hottest day in Britain so far this year was June 22 when a temperature of 30.5C (87F) was recorded at Shepshed, Leics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html

Old Jul 14th 2003, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

We may have the weather at the moment, but what about open spaces on the beaches- no such luck.

Cheers

Karen
Old Jul 14th 2003, 6:34 am
Banned

Originally posted by karen and andy
We may have the weather at the moment, but what about open spaces on the beaches- no such luck.

Cheers

Karen
Neather do the the concrete jungles called Burbs in Australia , dream on the beaches are empty here most of the year because of the boredom factor.
The British countryside is far more open and the National parks beat the scub here hands down , beaches are for the sand happy.
What happened to the great British Summer lashing down with rain and cool winds , sorry thats Perth now and its the best time of year compared to baking in Summer here.

Old Jul 14th 2003, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

I take then your not a beach bum or surf dude?
Old Jul 14th 2003, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Britain is expected to enjoy its hottest temperatures of the year so far during the next few days as the country basks in a heatwave.

[/QUOTE]

Try my Immo Training programme

Wonderful training for prospective immos. Practice for the sun now. Wait till your hottest moment, double it to allow for OZ humidity then imagine it for about seven relentless months while running around trying to sort out jobs, houses, cars, schools. Take the kids with you all the time as Granny will now be a distant memory. Shut the curtains at 7pm to prepare yourself for OZ summertime and let loose a couple of hundred midges or mozzies in the lounge room in case the kids leave the flyscreens open. Simulate a massive storm or two that blows away the patio furniture and cuts off the power, taking off the roof optional. When power resumes, drag out your oldest collection of Love they neighbour tapes and play endlessly while sweating. Too hot to cook so eat Maccas for breakfast, KFC for lunch and Big Rooter for tea. You have now put on 3 stone and are so sweaty its too hot to unstick yourself from the couch. Grab the cars and head off to nearest shopping centre, (Aussie tip for those without air condit), buy litres of sunblock, eat more KFC, return home and gag on neighbours BBQ smoke filtering through your bedroom window. Send the kids out to play, "bog off mum its too hot". Go to bed, do not touch partner or you will stick together with old sunblock layer, wake up at 4.30 to red fire ball screaming through bed window. Check news for Bush fire danger. Take rubbish out before it gets too hot.

Realise you now truly understand a British heatwave is simply a mild spring day.

Only Joking Only joking ...............
Old Jul 14th 2003, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Cheers

Karen
Sadly that is not true. Nobody should swim in a unpatrolled area. Beaches are incredibly dangerous here, patrolled areas are where people swim and they are packed out if its hot. Jumping into any other beach is for the foolhardy, tourists do it every summer and die. I am sick of the "Another Pommie tourist drowns" headlines. The newspapers love to gloat at the stupidity of Poms and Japs drowning. Empty beach = drowning opportunity.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

I find it sad that some people are so bitter and twisted about the country they have come to, yet they stay geting even more bitter and twisted.

They also claim to be doing very well here, but surely quality of life is more important (it is to me) than making vast amounts of money. If I was so unhapply with my lot I'd do something about it, and go back to Blighty.

Well it proves one thing their is lots of money to be made here even if you hate the place, and so for those comming with a can do attitude and a zest for life and enjoyment of the outdoors, Australia is your Oyster.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 7:15 am
Banned

I take then your not a beach bum or surf dude?
A bum yes , surf dudes here are bottom of the social classes not the in thing it was.

Old Jul 14th 2003, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by dotty
Sadly that is not true. Nobody should swim in a unpatrolled area. Beaches are incredibly dangerous here, patrolled areas are where people swim and they are packed out if its hot. Jumping into any other beach is for the foolhardy, tourists do it every summer and die. I am sick of the "Another Pommie tourist drowns" headlines. The newspapers love to gloat at the stupidity of Poms and Japs drowning. Empty beach = drowning opportunity.
Around the Gold Coast Dotty is right, but during the 6 months of summer down the 30KMs (approx) of beaches their is a patrolled swimming beach every 1 kms at least and to say they are overcrowded is a gross exeration even on Xmas day.

Also once you get to know the area you can find places to swim that are safe that aren't even patrolled. The beach at Hervey bay comes to mind, as it's so safe and calm that I've never seen a lifeguard their.

Also in Auckland the East coast beaches are very safe and rarely will you see lifegurards, but the west coast auckland beaches are a different ball game and their I wouldn't swim even in the patrolled areas as it's so dangerous.

You just have to be sensible and take advise from the locals, but nowhere will you see beaches like in the med with recliners totally hiding the sand anywhwere in Australia.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 7:19 am
Banned

I find it sad that some people are so bitter and twisted about the country they have come to, yet they stay geting even more bitter and twisted.

They also claim to be doing very well here, but surely quality of life is more important (it is to me) than making vast amounts of money. If I was so unhapply with my lot I'd do something about it, and go back to Blighty.

Well it proves one thing their is lots of money to be made here even if you hate the place, and so for those comming with a can do attitude and a zest for life and enjoyment of the outdoors, Australia is your Oyster.

Having a eyes wide open view is not bitter , lifestyle is not defineable , neather do we have to defend Australia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.