Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The weather on The Gold Coast.

The weather on The Gold Coast.

Old May 5th 2008, 4:02 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light
Default The weather on The Gold Coast.

We fly out in a week and was just wondering what the weather is doing at the minute?
I know ther s been lots of rain lately but hopefully that s stopped ready for us to come??
Old May 5th 2008, 5:16 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The weather on The Gold Coast.

Originally Posted by Dreams of Oz
We fly out in a week and was just wondering what the weather is doing at the minute?
I know ther s been lots of rain lately but hopefully that s stopped ready for us to come??
in the last few weeks its been
22 to 26 during the day
9 to 14 overnight

where abouts in the GC are you coming to??
Old May 5th 2008, 5:24 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

i was wondering the same, although we are heading to the Sunshine coast, do you know what its like up there steve - or is there a good website to keep an eye one
thanks bec
Old May 5th 2008, 6:20 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by egghead4
i was wondering the same, although we are heading to the Sunshine coast, do you know what its like up there steve - or is there a good website to keep an eye one
thanks bec
http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/

Old May 5th 2008, 10:23 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Just come back from a glorious long weekend on the Gold Coast (Broadbeach) where we have spent all our time swimming in the ocean, having a drink or 2!!!! and more swimming in the ocean. The weather has been superb a nice steady 26-28 degrees during the day and warm enough to go without a fleece or anything at night

Loz x
Old May 5th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

yep, it's been pretty nice - blue skies everyday for last couple of weeks.
We too were in the sea and at the beach over the weekend (Kirra) and the sea was a beaut temperature
Old May 5th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steve`o

We actually find that www.bbc.co.uk still gives us the most accurate temps for Oz!!!

The weathers been lovely
Old May 6th 2008, 12:48 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

in the last few weeks its been
22 to 26 during the day
9 to 14 overnight

where abouts in the GC are you coming to??
Hi Steve and thanks for your reply.
We are booked in a holiday let for 3 weeks in Runaway Bay then are hopefully going to get a 6 month rental around Helensvale area but are open to suggestions...i will be working at Pindara Private in Benowa so anywhere within easy reach of that would be great.
We have just had the house sale fall through within the last 2 weeks and today have had a phone call from the rental people to say our rental has just backed out too!
I am just about managing to stay sane.
Consequently we wont have as much money to spend on a rental as we would have liked so ...any ideas?
Im sure we will be fine once we get there and we will laugh at this in months to come...i hope!!
Thanks for all the other replies too and see you when we get there in just over a week.
Janice.
Old May 6th 2008, 7:53 pm
Worongary

We are booked in a holiday let for 3 weeks in Runaway Bay then are hopefully going to get a 6 month rental around Helensvale area but are open to suggestions...i will be working at Pindara Private in Benowa so anywhere within easy reach of that would be great.
We have just had the house sale fall through within the last 2 weeks and today have had a phone call from the rental people to say our rental has just backed out too!
Consequently we wont have as much money to spend on a rental as we would have liked so ...any ideas?
Im sure we will be fine once we get there and we will laugh at this in months to come...i hope!!
Thanks for all the other replies too and see you when we get there in just over a week.
Janice.
i`ll be working in pindara hospital later today ( there one of our customers )
for me thats about 20 minutes away possibly nearer 30 if the traffics really bad in the rush hour

a max of 30 minutes drive to work would include quite a big area if your looking for better value ( renting or buying ) then i`d stay away from the coast ( everthings overpriced ) and the larger towns for the same reason
for example a typical 3 bed house in robina to rent will set you back about 450 a week same size in say muddgeraba or gilston will be about 380 a week, neither muddgie ( borders onto robina ) or gilston ( next to muddgie ) could be considered as rough areas there just smaller towns on the opposite side of the M1 and some reason you get better value, carrara ( again bordering onto robina ) would be worth looking at as well, for the same reason, i guess the easist way would be to look at realestate.com

good luck where ever you end up

regards steve
Old May 6th 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
The weather has been superb a nice steady 26-28 degrees during the day and warm enough to go without a fleece or anything at night

Loz x

Ditto.
Old May 6th 2008, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by egghead4
thanks bec
Typically very clear and sunny winter days, its the dry season. Cool evenings and mornings, lows can be single figures, jumper weather. Daytime temps 22/24, evenings anything between the odd 5/6 and more typically about mid teens. Usually get a couple of cold weeks when people go mad and buy heaters shops sell out of duvets/doonas

Stunning time of year, then it goes into spring and instead of spring buds like the UK you get trees turning flaming shades of red, orange, purple, yellow.. summers supposed to be more hot and wet, but hasnt been for about 3 years, no typical autumn tho just you notice the days cool if its been a hot january/ februray.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/ Is a good site for the weather, you get a weeks worth of every state. ( go to bottom of the cover after the headlines etc )

Last edited by jad n rich; May 6th 2008 at 11:17 pm.
Old May 7th 2008, 1:21 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

i`ll be working in pindara hospital later today ( there one of our customers )
for me thats about 20 minutes away possibly nearer 30 if the traffics really bad in the rush hour

a max of 30 minutes drive to work would include quite a big area if your looking for better value ( renting or buying ) then i`d stay away from the coast ( everthings overpriced ) and the larger towns for the same reason
for example a typical 3 bed house in robina to rent will set you back about 450 a week same size in say muddgeraba or gilston will be about 380 a week, neither muddgie ( borders onto robina ) or gilston ( next to muddgie ) could be considered as rough areas there just smaller towns on the opposite side of the M1 and some reason you get better value, carrara ( again bordering onto robina ) would be worth looking at as well, for the same reason, i guess the easist way would be to look at realestate.com

good luck where ever you end up

regards steve
Just been looking at realestate.com and Ashmore came up. I know its a little further north than Carrara but what is it like? The properties look lovely and they seem reasonable priced too.
I have a son nearly 11 so have you any idea of schools in that area too?
Also, hes a county level swimmer so near a good swim school would be good too...i dont ask for much i know!
Thanks Steve...cant believe we ll be there in just over a week after a little stopover in Singapore.
Janice.
PS Where exactly are you living?

Last edited by Dreams of Oz; May 7th 2008 at 1:22 pm. Reason: forgot to add!
Old May 7th 2008, 8:45 pm
Worongary

Just been looking at realestate.com and Ashmore came up. I know its a little further north than Carrara but what is it like? The properties look lovely and they seem reasonable priced too.
Also, hes a county level swimmer so near a good swim school would be good too...i dont ask for much i know!
Thanks Steve...cant believe we ll be there in just over a week after a little stopover in Singapore.
Janice.
worongary
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=13&iwloc=addr

ashmore? sorry i dont know even through i go through there all the time,
try asking on here "whats ashmore like "
Old May 7th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Janice.
Hello Janice,

my wife works at the Pindara in Theatres, been there two years. She has to do on call and we live out in Bonogin on small acreage and she is still within the time limit to get to work. Would agree with Steve about the Mudgeeraba area. Still reasonable prices, lots of good schools including Somerset college which has a superb swim school for all.

I work with local guys who have lived in Ashmore and refer to it as Trashmore along with Labrador as Stabrador etc. All exageration but you will
not be able to judge properly until you get here.
Old May 7th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Janice.
Hi Janice & Co!! I live in Sorrento, which is Bundall and am 1 minute from your Hospital!!! I love it here as it has a villagy(!) feel to it and isnt a huge estate. I also rent a house and prefer this as resort living seems to be a bit restrictive. This area is quite central actually... 15 mins to just about anywhere and very close to the beach. I would prefer to live lower than Pindara ( robina as an example) rather than higher ( southport as an example) but thats purely from a personal point of view. I came here to see the sea and you just cant from Pac Pines, however high up you are!!! Benowa High School has a very good reputation And I like Benowa as an area to live too... Its a hop, skip & jump to Pindara Hospital too!!
PM if I can help you any more than that!!

See you soon,

Sarah