Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weather forecast for Brisbane CBD

Weather forecast for Brisbane CBD

Old Nov 9th 2004, 1:02 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Weather forecast for Brisbane CBD

For those that are new to Brisbane/don't already know.

The Hitachi building in Brisbane CBD has a weather beacon on the top of it. Depending on what the lights are doing is an indication of what the weather will do.
The crane that has been in front of my window for a while week has just moved and I can see it again now & so I was reminded of it.

Currently the white is steady and the red is flashing at 2 second intervals

http://www.bcl.com.au/bcl/about/mlcbeacon.htm
Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Weather forecast for Brisbane CBD

What a great idea. Something that Melbourne should have because the weather is always changing
Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:42 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shellfish
What a great idea. Something that Melbourne should have because the weather is always changing

Probably blow the bulb with all its changing if it were in Melbourne
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a brilliant drive back from brisbane, rear vision mirror view was totally black/navy blue sky, and rain drops the size of eggs, thunder and lightning, but driving with sunglasses on as view from front was sun and blue sky.

Radio said severe storm warning and the airport was closing some flights.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:35 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Just had a brilliant drive back from brisbane, rear vision mirror view was totally black/navy blue sky, and rain drops the size of eggs, thunder and lightning, but driving with sunglasses on as view from front was sun and blue sky.

Radio said severe storm warning and the airport was closing some flights.

Yep. If you have a look here http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR502.loop.shtml you can see why!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Yep. If you have a look here http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR502.loop.shtml you can see why!
I was just looking at the same website, its very early for storm season to start, think we might be in for a rippa summer
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Its getting intersting hail stones the size of oranges :scared: have been reported, storm heading north of brisbane now Caloundra expected to be hit.

Lets hope I dont lose too many roofs goodbye brisbane
Old Nov 9th 2004, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

its 5:30pm and I am sitting in my office in the CBD, the sky is black, lighting flashing every few seconds and lots of thunder.....its hammering it down.

So, the g/f asked if she could borrow the car to go to the gym today so I took the bus in. Its a nice little walk to the bus and from the bus to my house. I dont have an umbrella.

It looked so nice this morning! i have my shades on the desk next to me!

I am going to get soaked arent I!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:37 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

we got hit about 6pm ..not so bad, I've seen a lot worse. I wouldn't mind these storms normally, I normally love them , but they are doing my head in at the moment. we're landscaping part of our land, bob cat jobbie cutting out levels in the land , this rain is hindering us, and undoing our work , ooh landslide jobbie - knew we should have got it all finished it in the winter and would have these probs.

Tip to anyone who is thinking of landscaping - do it in the winter
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:48 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by Ceri
we got hit about 6pm ..not so bad, I've seen a lot worse. I wouldn't mind these storms normally, I normally love them , but they are doing my head in at the moment. we're landscaping part of our land, bob cat jobbie cutting out levels in the land , this rain is hindering us, and undoing our work , ooh landslide jobbie - knew we should have got it all finished it in the winter and would have these probs.

Tip to anyone who is thinking of landscaping - do it in the winter

We got hit pretty bad about 5.15pm last night, went on for about an hour. The pool overflowed, the undercover areas were soaked, we left windows open by mistake so our curtains were soon pretty wet too!
We went to see Cirque Du Solieu last night down at Hamilton - they'd closed the carpark off because it was flooded, which obviously caused problems with parking on the roads etc

Incidentally, the tower is all white and not flashing this afternoon.

Last edited by mlbonner; Nov 10th 2004 at 1:51 am.