The Weather

Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Weather

Hi folks

I know its not a good enought reason to want to up sticks and leave Britian but today it is. I live in Glasgow and our kids broke up for the school 'summer' hols on Friday, and you've guessed it - rain rain and more bl**dy rain. I was speaking to my sister who lives in Sydney this morning and she was telling me it was 22c and its winter over there.

I just wanted to have a good Scottish moan about our weather as I have 3 kids and don't know what to do with them when the weather is like this. We all end up fighting. I am so looking forward to going to Australia just to be able to do simple things like walk to the park and know you are not going to get wet by a sudden downpour, plan a barbie in the morning and know it will still by dry by evening and let the kids have their paddling pool out without them having to wear their fur lined swimsuits.

Thanks for listening to my gripes and roll on the visas.

Jayne
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:24 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

It's the same story here in Ireland - rain and more bloody rain and kids can't get out to play !

Oh well, roll on end of August when we are in Brisbane and lots of wonderful sunshine

Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Weather

The major difference is the sun. Here in Brissie it is sun sun sun during the winter.

As for the temp....we've been here just over a year and have found that our definition of cold has somewhat changed. 24C feels like 12C use to in england.

I can't believe I am saying this....but I really miss the heat and the humidity.....roll on summer and the fantastic thunderstorms

Originally posted by jayne+doug
Hi folks

I know its not a good enought reason to want to up sticks and leave Britian but today it is. I live in Glasgow and our kids broke up for the school 'summer' hols on Friday, and you've guessed it - rain rain and more bl**dy rain. I was speaking to my sister who lives in Sydney this morning and she was telling me it was 22c and its winter over there.

I just wanted to have a good Scottish moan about our weather as I have 3 kids and don't know what to do with them when the weather is like this. We all end up fighting. I am so looking forward to going to Australia just to be able to do simple things like walk to the park and know you are not going to get wet by a sudden downpour, plan a barbie in the morning and know it will still by dry by evening and let the kids have their paddling pool out without them having to wear their fur lined swimsuits.

Jayne
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:33 pm
ABCDiamond

2nd day of our Winter Holidays here today, and my daughter went down to the local beach, and joined in the free fun organised by the local council. Face painting, jumping castle etc.

Then after lunch went to the local shopping centre, and saw two 8 week old baby lion cubs on display outside the Post Office there all this week.

I suppose it's not too bad here Except for the hard work of watering the garden.

Hey, it'll be your turn soon enough

Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:38 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Weather

Hi folks

Jayne
Hi Jayne,
after spending 10 years in Glasgow, I know exactly what you are talking about. Dreadful weather you get there, but beautiful countryside. Must be all the rain that makes it so green Now I'm going to do a stickybeak - Whereabouts in Glasgow are you ?
Mairi
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
2nd day of our Winter Holidays here today, and my daughter went down to the local beach, and joined in the free fun organised by the local council. Face painting, jumping castle etc.

Then after lunch went to the local shopping centre, and saw two 8 week old baby lion cubs on display outside the Post Office there all this week.

I suppose it's not too bad here Except for the hard work of watering the garden.

Hey, it'll be your turn soon enough

I think that's one of the reasons Oz is so appealing there is so much more to do outside. As I mentioned my sister lives in Sydney (where I intend to go) and during there summer I hardly get a chance to speak to here (we're on the phone about 3-4 times a week)because there is always some sort of activity going on for the kids and usually its free or a small charge. OUr problem in Britain is that when its raining all the indoor activities for kids cost a fortune especially with 3 of them and most of the time they are rubbish. I can't even take the 3 kids swimming on my own as my local council have introduced a rule that kids under 8 must be accompanied by an adult 1-1. As mine are 9,7 and 2 we have to wait until the weekend when my husband is around. At least in Oz I could jump in the car and go to the beach.........
Old Jun 29th 2004, 3:42 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I think that's one of the reasons Oz is so appealing there is so much more to do outside. As I mentioned my sister lives in Sydney (where I intend to go) and during there summer I hardly get a chance to speak to here (we're on the phone about 3-4 times a week)because there is always some sort of activity going on for the kids and usually its free or a small charge. OUr problem in Britain is that when its raining all the indoor activities for kids cost a fortune especially with 3 of them and most of the time they are rubbish. I can't even take the 3 kids swimming on my own as my local council have introduced a rule that kids under 8 must be accompanied by an adult 1-1. As mine are 9,7 and 2 we have to wait until the weekend when my husband is around. At least in Oz I could jump in the car and go to the beach.........

And whats wrong with Saltcoats beach ??

I was brought up in Saltcoats & during the Glasgow fair our towns population must have increased 4 fold.
Good luck with the application, I'm sure the kids will love it out here, even during school some of the activities are great. They might even end up with surfing classes.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Bordy
And whats wrong with Saltcoats beach ??

I was brought up in Saltcoats & during the Glasgow fair our towns population must have increased 4 fold.
Good luck with the application, I'm sure the kids will love it out here, even during school some of the activities are great. They might even end up with surfing classes.

Mairi

I live outside Glasgow in Lanarkshire. Your right the countryside is lovely especially when the sun shines, unfortunately that doesn't happen often enough.

Bordy

I prefer Ayr beach myelf and there's nothing better than sitting on the beach watchin the 'floaters' in the watter and eatin 'soggy pieces'.......Oh how I wish I was in Oz.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:30 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Stop your moaning .......... we've had 2 good wks this year !!!!!

plum
Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

hi plumber

I thought welsh weather was better than scottish? I visited Wales a few years ago and the weather was great while in Scotland it was pissin down as usual. I like a good moan about the weather. I wonder if I get to Oz I'll moan that it's too warm. And your right 2 weeks is the best we can hope for.

Jayne
Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:48 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

hi plumber

I thought welsh weather was better than scottish? I visited Wales a few years ago and the weather was great while in Scotland it was pissin down as usual. I like a good moan about the weather. I wonder if I get to Oz I'll moan that it's too warm. And your right 2 weeks is the best we can hope for.

Jayne

Well talkin of Oz weather, Ive just heard on radio a giant Gum tree has blown down across the highway. Unfortunetly this is the highway I use to go home from work in around an hours time. I hope they have plenty of guys with chainsaws out there.
Roll on Spring.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:57 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Well talkin of Oz weather, Ive just heard on radio a giant Gum tree has blown down across the highway. Unfortunetly this is the highway I use to go home from work in around an hours time. I hope they have plenty of guys with chainsaws out there.
Roll on Spring.
Bordy,
if no chainsaws, than I bet someone puts a winch on it or just tow's it to one side with their big 4X4

Bye
Mark
Old Jun 29th 2004, 6:00 pm
The Godfather

Originally posted by markeh
Bordy,
if no chainsaws, than I bet someone puts a winch on it or just tow's it to one side with their big 4X4

Bye
Mark

Hope so but its across 6 lanes seemingly so pretty big tree.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Roll on Spring.
Sounds like a job for Hevs
Old Jun 29th 2004, 6:19 pm
The Godfather

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Sounds like a job for Hevs

Wonder if she would appreciate a call at 4.20am

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.