weather

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default weather

does this new cold front make you more determined to leave this cold and wet country, much as i love it the weather really gets to me like this (especially as our heating is a coal fire which by the time you have made it up and lit it you are sweating)

roll on the sunshine

arlene
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 3:23 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Even more depressing cos the clocks change next week
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 3:30 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah and I'm working on Saturday night, which means I have to work an extra hour and I dont get paid for it!!!

how unfair is that?

Tracey
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: weather

Originally posted by arlene
does this new cold front make you more determined to leave this cold and wet country, much as i love it the weather really gets to me like this (especially as our heating is a coal fire which by the time you have made it up and lit it you are sweating)

roll on the sunshine

arlene
absolutely, its rained non stop here on the sunny south coast all day! hate this weather, this time of year, the wet, the cold, christmas, bah humbug!

like you say roll on the sunshine!
rach
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

NickT is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear your weather is so bad, wish you were here.

In the Hills N.East of Perth, Mundaring, it's was 30 degC yesterday in the shade and 29 deg C today, very sunny and nice blue sky. I think it was a few degrees cooler in Perth itself.

Forecast for the next few days looks good.

Got the weather now I just need the job...

Cheers

Nick
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default cheers!

Originally posted by NickT
Sorry to hear your weather is so bad, wish you were here.

In the Hills N.East of Perth, Mundaring, it's was 30 degC yesterday in the shade and 29 deg C today, very sunny and nice blue sky. I think it was a few degrees cooler in Perth itself.

Forecast for the next few days looks good.

Got the weather now I just need the job...

Cheers

Nick
cheers for that!
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by CROSSY
Even more depressing cos the clocks change next week

That seems to be coming round quickly this year. At least the mornings will be a bit lighter!
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I hate the cold and at the moment I am grinning to myself knowing that at least we wont be here for the worst of it in Jan and Feb

It is freezing here today, left work and my breath was showing. My electric blanket goes on at 6pm at night to make the bed roasting for when I get in.

I can't wait to get there and feel some rays again. Even if I had to work the same as I do here with the same mortgage etc I would still have to leave - the weather really depresses me and I can't deal with another Winter over here.
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

ms fruity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: weather

Originally posted by arlene

roll on the sunshine

arlene
We also have a coal fire which heats the radiators and its a real pain especially as it often goes out during the night, and we then wake up with frost on the inside of the windows! maybe thats why we have chosen either Townsville or the sunshine coast as our final destination. heat all year round.Cant wait!
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 7:16 pm
WBB

had to scrape the windscreen of the car this morning, first time this year.

i hope this is our last winter.

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default weather (frost)

Originally posted by welshboybilly
had to scrape the windscreen of the car this morning, first time this year.

i hope this is our last winter.

i had to do that yesterday morning, brrr, this morning it was fast action windscreen wipers heavy stormy rain, hasn't got any better all day!
roll on the spring!
regards
rach
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 8:37 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj

I can't wait to get there and feel some rays again. Even if I had to work the same as I do here with the same mortgage etc I would still have to leave - the weather really depresses me and I can't deal with another Winter over here.
Thats just how i feel godforsaken hole innit?
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 8:55 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

My bloody car breathed it's last recently and now I'm reduced to cycling to work. Can't get another car as I'm saving for Oz next year so I've got five more months of this and it's only going to get worse. Just praying I don't get pneumonia or hit an ice patch and go flying under a bus.

On top of that I've got crap storage heaters at home meaning it's either freezing or baking.

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 8:57 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I second all of the above. Did anyone see the news today - it SNOWED in Sheffield this morning!? blink and you missed it, but it snowed. kids ecstatic by the time they all got into school, with non stop talk of snowmen and snowball fights at break. none of us parents had the heart to tell 'em !!

sue