British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   weather (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/weather-186437/)

arlene Oct 22nd 2003 3:14 pm

weather

does this new cold front make you more determined to leave this cold and wet country, much as i love it the weather really gets to me like this (especially as our heating is a coal fire which by the time you have made it up and lit it you are sweating)

roll on the sunshine

arlene:) :) :)

CROSSY Oct 22nd 2003 3:23 pm

Even more depressing cos the clocks change next week:( :( :(

nightnurse2 Oct 22nd 2003 3:30 pm

Yeah and I'm working on Saturday night, which means I have to work an extra hour and I dont get paid for it!!!

how unfair is that?

Tracey

nosuchluck Oct 22nd 2003 3:36 pm

Re: weather

Originally posted by arlene
does this new cold front make you more determined to leave this cold and wet country, much as i love it the weather really gets to me like this (especially as our heating is a coal fire which by the time you have made it up and lit it you are sweating)

roll on the sunshine

absolutely, its rained non stop here on the sunny south coast all day! hate this weather, this time of year, the wet, the cold, christmas, bah humbug!

like you say roll on the sunshine!
rach
:cool: :cool:

NickT Oct 22nd 2003 3:46 pm

Sorry to hear your weather is so bad, wish you were here.

In the Hills N.East of Perth, Mundaring, it's was 30 degC yesterday in the shade and 29 deg C today, very sunny and nice blue sky. I think it was a few degrees cooler in Perth itself.

Forecast for the next few days looks good.

Got the weather now I just need the job...

Cheers

Nick

nosuchluck Oct 22nd 2003 3:53 pm

cheers!

Originally posted by NickT
Sorry to hear your weather is so bad, wish you were here.

In the Hills N.East of Perth, Mundaring, it's was 30 degC yesterday in the shade and 29 deg C today, very sunny and nice blue sky. I think it was a few degrees cooler in Perth itself.

Forecast for the next few days looks good.

Got the weather now I just need the job...

Cheers

Nick
cheers for that!
:(

tinaj Oct 22nd 2003 3:57 pm

Originally posted by CROSSY
Even more depressing cos the clocks change next week:( :( :(

That seems to be coming round quickly this year. At least the mornings will be a bit lighter!

tinaj Oct 22nd 2003 4:05 pm

I hate the cold and at the moment I am grinning to myself knowing that at least we wont be here for the worst of it in Jan and Feb:)

It is freezing here today, left work and my breath was showing. My electric blanket goes on at 6pm at night to make the bed roasting for when I get in.

I can't wait to get there and feel some rays again. Even if I had to work the same as I do here with the same mortgage etc I would still have to leave - the weather really depresses me and I can't deal with another Winter over here.

ms fruity Oct 22nd 2003 4:12 pm

Re: weather

Originally posted by arlene

roll on the sunshine

We also have a coal fire which heats the radiators and its a real pain especially as it often goes out during the night, and we then wake up with frost on the inside of the windows! maybe thats why we have chosen either Townsville or the sunshine coast as our final destination. heat all year round.Cant wait!

WBB Oct 22nd 2003 7:16 pm

had to scrape the windscreen of the car this morning, first time this year.

i hope this is our last winter.

:cool:

nosuchluck Oct 22nd 2003 7:21 pm

weather (frost)

Originally posted by welshboybilly
had to scrape the windscreen of the car this morning, first time this year.

i hope this is our last winter.

:cool:
i had to do that yesterday morning, brrr, this morning it was fast action windscreen wipers heavy stormy rain, hasn't got any better all day!
roll on the spring!
regards
rach
:(

CROSSY Oct 22nd 2003 8:37 pm

Originally posted by tinaj

I can't wait to get there and feel some rays again. Even if I had to work the same as I do here with the same mortgage etc I would still have to leave - the weather really depresses me and I can't deal with another Winter over here.
Thats just how i feel:( :( godforsaken hole innit?

Kentish Man Oct 22nd 2003 8:55 pm

My bloody car breathed it's last recently and now I'm reduced to cycling to work. Can't get another car as I'm saving for Oz next year so I've got five more months of this and it's only going to get worse. Just praying I don't get pneumonia or hit an ice patch and go flying under a bus.

On top of that I've got crap storage heaters at home meaning it's either freezing or baking.

:( :eek:

tiredwithtwins Oct 22nd 2003 8:57 pm

I second all of the above. Did anyone see the news today - it SNOWED in Sheffield this morning!? blink and you missed it, but it snowed. kids ecstatic by the time they all got into school, with non stop talk of snowmen and snowball fights at break. none of us parents had the heart to tell 'em !!

sue:D :D :D