WEA -Expat Health Insurance

Old Aug 29th 2012, 12:04 am
Just Joined

HappyChap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WEA -Expat Health Insurance

Has anybody had 1st hand experiences with this Health insurance company:

Worldwide Expatriate Association
https://www.weadirect.com/

My wife and I are thinking about signing up, but was hoping to hear from others first (about WCC's general customer service experience, reliability, etc).

Thanks!
HC
Old Aug 29th 2012, 7:05 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WEA -Expat Health Insurance

Originally Posted by HappyChap

My wife and I are thinking about signing up, but was hoping to hear from others first (about WCC's general customer service experience, reliability, etc).

Thanks!
HC

Have you obtained your quotes yet? I would be interested to see what cover level they provide, and if the coverage is 100% payment for all costs.

The first thing to note is that this won't count as Health Insurance in the eyes of the ATO - despite probably giving you a better deal than the products on offer here - it won't be considered a qualifying Health Fund for things like the Medicare Surcharge come tax time. This is a crazy inconsistency in my opinion, but you will have to learn to live with that - heaven forbid you be allowed to purchase products from non-Australian providers.

The second thing is that it's probably much more expensive than what is offered here. You will need to compare domestic Australian policies very closely to see if you will come out ahead.

S
Old Aug 29th 2012, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

taff lewis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WEA -Expat Health Insurance

Originally Posted by HappyChap

Thanks!
HC
Not heard about this company, but just had to buy Health Insurance prior to going to Oz. The advice given to me was to buy the cheapest just to get there, and then I could get on to Medicare as there is an agreement between Oz and UK. The cover I bought was from a company called IMAN and the cover looked useless but served its purpose for getting the visa