Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We speak the same language....just!

We speak the same language....just!

Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:22 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We speak the same language....just!

Originally Posted by wmoore
Mungo chutney?

No but listens to Mungo Jerry
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:23 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sme
No but listens to Mungo Jerry
Showing your age now. :scared:
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:24 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Showing your age now. :scared:

It was womb sounds
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:25 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sme
It was womb sounds
I believe you.

Now singalong to the Monkeys.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:30 pm
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by Bordy
I believe you.

Now singalong to the Monkeys.

No The Banana Splits....... all together now......1 banana, 2 banana, 3 banana, 4..........
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by A dogs life
And then don't let the dog lick your face

Seriously, heres a decent read for a Saturday night

http://www.petdirect.com.au/articles...l.php?RecID=86

ADL
Brings a new meaning to dogbreath!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 6th 2005, 2:24 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Donna - you need to break the behaviour - as others have said clean up his poos immediately - reward good behaviour and ignore the bad.

You can't just get rid of the dog because of this - consider employing a dog behaviouist for a couple of sesions or a dog psychologist - ask your local vet for contact numbers.

I also read a very good book called the dog whisperer - not sure it covered this problem but did help me solve many of poppy's behaviour problems when she was a pup - remember a dog is for life - and most behaviours are fixable!

You have my sympathy!

When do we get to see a pic of Mungo?!

Lynn
Old Aug 6th 2005, 9:19 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Er dogs do do that. isnt it normal ? I know its not nice but our old dog used to do it. At least if he's eating it its not there to step in , in fact you should encourage it.
encourage him to eat it would you like a dog to lick your kids hands or face after eating a pile of it

Donna.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 9:25 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Clean it up before he gets chance.

Oh, and feed him mouthwash afterwards
actually i do pick it up as soon as ive seen him do it , as for chasing his ass around with all day with a poo bag ,i dont have eyes on the back of my head.

Donna.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by madsad
Hiya,

I have a dog,he,s called Harley,he eats his own sh!t ,can anyone help?its driving me nuts! he's just been prescribed tablets from the vet at $98 for a months supply (waste of money )

Seriously,can anyone help? Back home you could get tablets from a pet store called 'Deter' always worked & only cost under £6.(not available in Oz)
Scoured pet websites to see if they would deliver to Oz but no joy every pet store /vet here says they will grow out of it/sorry nothing available
He is a 6 month old golden retriever,i have 3 kids,dont start me on hhygiene put it this way if this continues he has to go

Ps,his pic is on photo post!
Donna.
Donna, can't you get a friend/relative in the UK to send you some?
Old Aug 6th 2005, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Donna - you need to break the behaviour - as others have said clean up his poos immediately - reward good behaviour and ignore the bad.

You can't just get rid of the dog because of this - consider employing a dog behaviouist for a couple of sesions or a dog psychologist - ask your local vet for contact numbers.

I also read a very good book called the dog whisperer - not sure it covered this problem but did help me solve many of poppy's behaviour problems when she was a pup - remember a dog is for life - and most behaviours are fixable!

You have my sympathy!

When do we get to see a pic of Mungo?!

Lynn
Maybe you could arrange for a visit from Dr Harry? :scared:
Old Aug 6th 2005, 11:58 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by TopCat3
Donna, can't you get a friend/relative in the UK to send you some?

Ewwwwe......what kind of realtive would send dog sh1t through the post

Donna, my dog did it when she was little.

We were told it's because the dog sensed we were clean and didn't want mess and subsequently the dog didn't want to upset us.

I used to follow her to make sure she didn't tiddle/poo in the house and I'd clean it straight after...but didn't scold her. However she apparently sensed what she was doing was not OK so started eating her poo so as not to leave a mess

Anyways, we were told to not make a fuss when the dog did it's business in the house, but to clean it without fuss, pick her up, take her outside and reward her for crappin outside. And it worked.

She no longer ate her own poo

But she ate ours

Only kidding!

Good luck!

Old Aug 7th 2005, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Steve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really nice

Yes, he's named after Mary, Mungo and Midge. He is also a sh*t eating (now reformed) golden retriever. Doesn't eat his own any more, only others.
Here he is (hopefully)
Attached Thumbnails We speak the same language....just!-img_0818.jpg  
Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac
Yes, he's named after Mary, Mungo and Midge. He is also a sh*t eating (now reformed) golden retriever. Doesn't eat his own any more, only others.
Here he is (hopefully)

Steve,can i ask? how did you deal with the 'poo eating'?

For everyone else who has replied,I have kept & trained all our dogs successfully for years,i know not to scold bad behaviour & reward good & i also know a dogs for life.
We had problems with all our other dogs too but within a week or two of taking the tablets (Deter) the habit stopped & never came back.
Harley is our first Golden retriever & to be honest he's dam hard work! but i wont give up on him,I'm just frustrated by peoples attitude over this problem as if its no big deal,to me it is & i certainly dont want Harley licking our kids or anybody Else's faces,hands etc...& how anybody can say encourage your dog to eat it is beyond me

Donna.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by madsad
encourage him to eat it would you like a dog to lick your kids hands or face after eating a pile of it

Donna.
Donna, you have my sympathy. I used to breed goldies & they take up to 3 years to grow up! Almost as bad as having teens!

I had one dog who, despite me doing everything right & having the experience of having bred & worked goldies for 5 years, just would not stop with the poo eating!

I finally got my dog to stop doing that by sprinking a teensy bit of red pepper over his poo everytime he went. He goes back to sniff it to find out whether he feels like a bite & if he doesn't get a bit of pepper up his nose that stings, his bloody mouth burns when he eats it. It's called aversion therapy, has no long-term side effect and works a treat.

Mind you, you might never recover from running around with a bottle of cyenne pepper sprinking poo

Last edited by G'Day; Aug 7th 2005 at 8:28 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.