Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We are now in Victoria!!

We are now in Victoria!!

Old Nov 8th 2003, 11:49 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default We are now in Victoria!!

Can't believe where the times gone, its been nearly a week since we flew over.

Adeleaide is very different to Perth and also the surrounds. The city itself feels very small and easy to get around, theres also loads of churches and old colonial type buildings, which are lovely.

The journey around the murray was dissapointing, it was cold as, and. we must have picked THE most boring place ever to stay it was called Mannum, even the kids asked when we were leaving, we had only been there a few hours. We then went on to MT Gambier, which is the 2nd largest city in SA, very quiete, but has all you need. This area is stunningly beautiful, the blue lake and its surrounds are well worth a stop. We met up with Dave (blue robot) and got royally drunk, as we always seem to do He then travelled with us towards Victoria for a day out. We stopped at a beautiful "pond" called something unpronouciable (like my spelling!) but Matt and the Kids snorkelled in it and there were underwater caves and cliff and flowers and all types of wonderful scenery under there. But the water was about 12 degs!! We then crossed the boarder into Vic and hired a cabin cruiser for an hour and trundlled off down river.

Things i am disliking are, the word Brekkie......... it winds me up!! and the amount of road being used, country wide, as a giant skid pad to see who can do the prettyiest patterns, for the longest distance along the roads!!

Other than that everything else is still cool and my rose tints are firmly on me nose ;

thanks to all keeping me going with e mails and stuff and i promise i will e mail everyone when i get to my Aunties in Melb, for some decent internet time. Love to all H xx

Last edited by hevs; Nov 8th 2003 at 11:56 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2003, 12:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Hevs and co!
Still having fun then - even though it sounds like your rose-tinted specs lipped for a while! Underwater caves and stuff sound lovely.
Meanwhile I'm sitting here filling in application forms and thinking about cleaning the shower! Oh fun!!! Should have gone touring first like you....(lucky gits!)
Keep sending the updates - they're great! Look forward to seeing you, and in the meantime give my love to Melbourne (The Bloke and I met originally at the MCG!)
Take care - and keep those specs on!!
Old Nov 9th 2003, 12:16 am
WBB

sounds like you are having a ball, i fancy a bit of that snorkelling enjoy the rest of your trip.

Old Nov 9th 2003, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

sashadan is an unknown quantity at this point

must be very exciting
good luck to you and your family

sashadan
Old Nov 9th 2003, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

carry on having fun hevs

hugs
booboo & co
xxx
Old Nov 9th 2003, 1:43 pm
plumber39

Hi Hev's,
Keep on with the exploring!

Old Nov 9th 2003, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: We are now in Victoria!!

Originally posted by h garrett

Adeleaide is very different to Perth and also the surrounds. The city itself feels very small and easy to get around, theres also loads of churches and old colonial type buildings, which are lovely.

The journey around the murray was dissapointing, it was cold as, and. we must have picked THE most boring place ever to stay it was called Mannum, even the kids asked when we were leaving, we had only been there a few hours. We then went on to MT Gambier, which is the 2nd largest city in SA, very quiete, but has all you need. This area is stunningly beautiful, the blue lake and its surrounds are well worth a stop. We met up with Dave (blue robot) and got royally drunk, as we always seem to do He then travelled with us towards Victoria for a day out. We stopped at a beautiful "pond" called something unpronouciable (like my spelling!) but Matt and the Kids snorkelled in it and there were underwater caves and cliff and flowers and all types of wonderful scenery under there. But the water was about 12 degs!! We then crossed the boarder into Vic and hired a cabin cruiser for an hour and trundlled off down river.

Things i am disliking are, the word Brekkie......... it winds me up!! and the amount of road being used, country wide, as a giant skid pad to see who can do the prettyiest patterns, for the longest distance along the roads!!

Other than that everything else is still cool and my rose tints are firmly on me nose ;

thanks to all keeping me going with e mails and stuff and i promise i will e mail everyone when i get to my Aunties in Melb, for some decent internet time. Love to all H xx
Hi Heather & family
cant believe you've done so much in a week! sounds like you are having a great time, keep at it mate and keep us all posted!
with hugs
rach & family
Old Nov 9th 2003, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you're having a real adventure!!!!

Keep the posts coming!!!
Old Nov 9th 2003, 8:21 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Glad you're doing well.

Was it the Piccanini ponds?? There are only 2, and the other ones called Ewans, and i reckon you could pronounce that!

Is wonderful snorkling. Bit of trivia for you.....the Piccanini ponds are part of an undergrounds limestone cave complex, which goes all the way inland to the Mount!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:20 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Pete, they're the ones! I want to go back and explore them, after i've invested in a dry suit!!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Oh yes Brekkie (sometimes pronouned "Breaky") is just one of the many Ozzisms that wind ME up.

Also loathe : arvo, preso, goodo, rego, Johno etco. What the @#$% is it with all the ooooooooooooooooo's ??
Old Nov 12th 2003, 8:59 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Yes Pete, they're the ones! I want to go back and explore them, after i've invested in a dry suit!!
Yes they are very cold. Thing is....they don't get warm even in summer, as the water in the pond is completly re-cycled every 4 hours and the water comes from the limestone aquifer.

If you ever do go back to the area, there are two more caves you HAVE to visit

Tantanoola caves, which is about a 5 minute drive from the Millicent paper mill. Its not very big, but the decoration (stalagtites and mites) are the best i have ever seen, anywhere in the world (and i love caves).

Princess Margret Rose Caves, which is right by the Glenelg River (just upstream from Nelson which is i take it, where you hired your boat). They are very good too, and the mad old aussie guy who shows you around is a hoot.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sunlover
Oh yes Brekkie (sometimes pronouned "Breaky") is just one of the many Ozzisms that wind ME up.

Also loathe : arvo, preso, goodo, rego, Johno etco. What the @#$% is it with all the ooooooooooooooooo's ??
Sorry we wind you up but here's a little cultural lesson for you. Australians are different, right. So they have different mannerisms, right. One of these is a tendency to cut through what is perceived as formality, right. And as a result some of them have the habit of shortening words, right. So breakfast becomes brekky, afternoon becomes arvo, present becomes ..... So it's there, it won't go away, you either accept it, laugh about it, join it, or whinge about it!

D'javag'day??

OzTennis
Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OzTennis
Sorry we wind you up but here's a little cultural lesson for you. Australians are different, right. So they have different mannerisms, right. One of these is a tendency to cut through what is perceived as formality, right. And as a result some of them have the habit of shortening words, right. So breakfast becomes brekky, afternoon becomes arvo, present becomes ..... So it's there, it won't go away, you either accept it, laugh about it, join it, or whinge about it!

D'javag'day??

OzTennis
Oh, and great as ever to hear about the Garrett's adventures.

OzTennis
Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:13 am
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice

Originally posted by PeteY
Yes they are very cold. Thing is....they don't get warm even in summer, as the water in the pond is completly re-cycled every 4 hours and the water comes from the limestone aquifer.

If you ever do go back to the area, there are two more caves you HAVE to visit

Tantanoola caves, which is about a 5 minute drive from the Millicent paper mill. Its not very big, but the decoration (stalagtites and mites) are the best i have ever seen, anywhere in the world (and i love caves).

Princess Margret Rose Caves, which is right by the Glenelg River (just upstream from Nelson which is i take it, where you hired your boat). They are very good too, and the mad old aussie guy who shows you around is a hoot.
Shame I don't dive PeteY. I've been in Mt Gambier for weeks now (installing robots in Millicent Mill) & its getting a tad boring now. Just as well that Mrs Bluerobot & the kids are arriving on Thursday. Yippee!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.