2.78%
SOMETHING ELSE?
33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

We name this campervan.............

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 2:50 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We name this campervan.............

Hello everyone,

Its taken us a few days to sort out insurance etc but we are now the fully fledged (bar paying stamp duty) owners of old, but (hopefully) sound campervan.

We have had a couple ideas about names but can't agree so thought you guys and gals could help out.

My first idea was Des-Tinney - originating from a combination of real estate slang, Des Res+an old tin van+our destiny.

I thought this was a good idea but Chris didn't seem too impressed. He has a very positive outlook on being couped up with me for 24/7 in a van and thinks it should be called 'Hell on Wheels'.

He also thinks driving around in a battered old van, is reminiscent of the Beverley Hill Billies and thinks 'The Clampetts' is a good alternative.

So I thought I would organise a poll, to determine what your opinion is of these names or if any other suggestions spring to mind.

Thank you kindly, I will now fish Chris out of the sea man pond
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 2:56 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We name this campervan.............

Originally posted by Jirrupin
Hello everyone,

Its taken us a few days to sort out insurance etc but we are now the fully fledged (bar paying stamp duty) owners of old, but (hopefully) sound campervan.

We have had a couple ideas about names but can't agree so thought you guys and gals could help out.

My first idea was Des-Tinney - originating from a combination of real estate slang, Des Res+an old tin van+our destiny.

I thought this was a good idea but Chris didn't seem too impressed. He has a very positive outlook on being couped up with me for 24/7 in a van and thinks it should be called 'Hell on Wheels'.

He also thinks driving around in a battered old van, is reminiscent of the Beverley Hill Billies and thinks 'The Clampetts' is a good alternative.

So I thought I would organise a poll, to determine what your opinion is of these names or if any other suggestions spring to mind.

Priscilla!
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I vote for Priscilla as well that film just radiates the experience of travelling across the desert- even if you are not as camp
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 4:18 pm
earlswood

Originally posted by tinaj
I vote for Priscilla as well that film just radiates the experience of travelling across the desert- even if you are not as camp

Yep!

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone,

I've just posted my vote, i think Destinny is a great idea, you are embarking on a new chapter in your adventure and are determined to find what you are looking for, fair play to you both, hope it works out for you and you find your destiny
best wishes
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote for Priscilla and paint it pink! :scared:
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

It has to be the clampetts!

Just imagine you lot chugging across the country!
Debs
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Priscilla definitely. BUT Chris has got to wear drag and you have got to post the photos on here

Claire
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 5:38 pm
creepycrawlycreepycrawly!

mr2blue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by claireg3
Priscilla definitely. BUT Chris has got to wear drag and you have got to post the photos on here

Claire
Can you post a pic? its impossible to name it without seeing what it looks like.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 5:50 pm
WBB

Originally posted by mr2blue
Can you post a pic? its impossible to name it without seeing what it looks like.

yeah, a pic would be good.

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 6:21 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Yep I think Destinny is a fab name too
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon... " booby ", seen as you're going for the Nullabor or " bust " !!!!!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 8:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I stick by my original suggestion (which seems to have occured to several others as well) - has to be Priscilla.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 8:30 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Shitty-Shitty-Bang-Twang
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

hmmmm, first thoughts...........................

Mad for it.

then of course.......................

Highway to hell

or................................

To infinity..............and BEYOND !

or even...........

To nullabor or not to nullabor, that is the question ( may be a bit long tho...)

How about plain.......................bollox, let's do it ?

failing that, i suppose my vote would be for...............................
The clampetts ( can just see all the furniture tied on the back lol )

Do you have a granny with you to ride shotgun ?

Paul.

Also think a pic would definately help the " name game "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.