Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We made it!!!!!!

We made it!!!!!!

Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:17 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default We made it!!!!!!

Hiya peeps!!!!!!!!!!

We finally bloody made it!!!!!!! It feels great finally get to the sunny sunshine coast!!!!!!

Thanks for your fab welcoming text Poll!!!!! It really put a smile on my face!!!!

I've just logged on here from our 2 week rental and seen that lovely thread Sandra started about me aww shucks mate thanks!!!!!!

Well our flights weren't too bad...if fact both planes was quite empty so we got to spread ourselves around a bit. We actually managed to get some kip too....we got to lie down over a whole row of seats!!!!!

As Pollyana said I'm glad no-one met us in the end as I looked like I'd dipped my head in the chip pan....what with that and grumpy tired kids too...I was a little tense to say the least!!!

We're just chillin for these first few days...to get over the jet lag...I know I know ....we shouldn't have it after all the kip on the plane...hey I need all the beauty sleep I can get!!!

On Monday we're off to Centrelink to do the biz there and then off to buderim to badger the estate agents there to get us a decent rental sorted. As soon as I have that sorted my kids are going into school as fast I can get 'em. shopping for ANYTHING with my kids is a flaming nightmare!!

Right that's it for the mo....I'm off to slonk by the pool...

Petra

Oh BTW for all you peeps out here...WHY are there soooo many different sorts of milk here???? All I wanted in the bloody supermarket was some half fat milk and I was presented with about 27 different bloody varieties!!

Catch y'all later!!!!
Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of
Default Re: We made it!!!!!!

Originally Posted by artep
Hiya peeps!!!!!!!!!!

We finally bloody made it!!!!!!! It feels great finally get to the sunny sunshine coast!!!!!!

Thanks for your fab welcoming text Poll!!!!! It really put a smile on my face!!!!

I've just logged on here from our 2 week rental and seen that lovely thread Sandra started about me aww shucks mate thanks!!!!!!

Well our flights weren't too bad...if fact both planes was quite empty so we got to spread ourselves around a bit. We actually managed to get some kip too....we got to lie down over a whole row of seats!!!!!

As Pollyana said I'm glad no-one met us in the end as I looked like I'd dipped my head in the chip pan....what with that and grumpy tired kids too...I was a little tense to say the least!!!

We're just chillin for these first few days...to get over the jet lag...I know I know ....we shouldn't have it after all the kip on the plane...hey I need all the beauty sleep I can get!!!

On Monday we're off to Centrelink to do the biz there and then off to buderim to badger the estate agents there to get us a decent rental sorted. As soon as I have that sorted my kids are going into school as fast I can get 'em. shopping for ANYTHING with my kids is a flaming nightmare!!

Petra

Oh BTW for all you peeps out here...WHY are there soooo many different sorts of milk here???? All I wanted in the bloody supermarket was some half fat milk and I was presented with about 27 different bloody varieties!!

Catch y'all later!!!!
Welcome . Join us for a coffee this friday (check out other thread) if you can. Yes, shopping with kids is a nightmare :scared: I was so pleased to get mine into school and out of my way (that sounds awful doesn't it). Good luck with centrelink and finding a rental.
Rachel x
Old Apr 16th 2005, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Glad you got there safely, hope everything goes ok for you all
Old Apr 16th 2005, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you got there alright, all the best with the rental, let us know how you get on!
ATB
Larissa
Old Apr 16th 2005, 7:56 am
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Smile Re: We made it!!!!!!

Hiya peeps!!!!!!!!!!

Petra

Catch y'all later!!!!
Hey mate you are almost done with the things ...
Its kool...
Old Apr 16th 2005, 7:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Another hurdle hurdled! Glad you got there ok and have settled in. Enjoy.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:05 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: We made it!!!!!!

Welcome to sunny Queensland!

Attached Images  
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray!!!

Aww Petra, you finally made it!!! So pleased for you and your's - enjoy every minute!!!

Have a drink on me!!!

Best wishes, x
Attached Images  
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Welcome, i'm sure you will love buderim hopefully see you for coffee on friday.

Cazz
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:33 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Hi Petra and family,
glad you made it OK, I bet it doesn't seem real after waiting so long.
Good luck with everything and keep us posted!
Got to get back cleaning the house, our first viewers are due in 3 hours. (anyone fancy dog-sitting?)

See guys I told you she wouldn' t keep us waiting
Old Apr 16th 2005, 10:45 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hiya peeps!!!!!!!!!!

Petra

Catch y'all later!!!!

Hi Petra!!!!

Congratulations on makingit!!!!!!

Glad you hear you had a good trip over!! We had a good trip and it still took me about a week to get over the jetlag!!!

We've been to Centrelink expecting to only get hekp towards child care - which we would have be grateful for, but we were told that we are entitled to everything coz hubby is on a perm spouse visa. We were really surprised. What visa are you on - I can't remember??? Centrelink are very friendly so you won't get any problems there.

You shouldn't have any problems with finding a rental either. We put in applications for 3 different properties with different agents and there were quite a few other applications in for them. We were offered all 3 coz we'd brought so much info regarding our mortgage payment history, proof of all utilities being in credit, bank statements etc.

Let us know how you're getting on???

And I agree - there are so many different brands of milk and they all taste the same - so go for the cheapest!

Shell
xx
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:08 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

G'day mate!

Did you like the blue skies we arranged for you?

Sent you some Karma to help you settle in (it's going to be a hectic few weeks/months!)

Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:13 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Have a great new life.

I'm sooo jealous !
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Awww Petra......I am so glad you have finally made it to Brissie!!!

Hope its everything that you have ever dreamed of!!

Paul.........all the best with the house viewing
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Grrreeeaatttt....to hear from you petra..good to know your getting on ok,i wont be far behind hows about that drink

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.